• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Karrablast/Escavalier vs. Shelmet/Accelgor

ShinyRiolu

Lick...Lick...Lick :P
Reaction score
588.png
589.png
VS
Spr_5b_616.png
617.png

Which is better overall?

Which has a better design?

Which is better in battle?

Which is more helpful?

Which one is your favorite?

Who has the better movepool?

Who would win in a fight?

Made this after searching the forums, but if there is a duplicate or similar thread feel free to delete.
Anyway, I'm impartial to all four, but I'm looking to add either to my team.

Which is better overall?

Escavalier, because its typing and stats are better.

Both Escavalier and Accelgor have cool designs.

It depends, but would prefer to use Escavalier in a battle.

Which is more helpful?

Both.

The steel one.

The steel one :D

Which is better overall?
I have not used either. Just sayin', but I prefer the Shelmet/Accelgor line just a little bit over the former; maybe because the other one decided to STEAL borrow the latter's in order to become stronger upon evolution. Too bad that didn't stop Accelgor, it's still a beast with it's amazing Speed. Respectable.

SHELMET/ACCELGOR

Both of lines are great design-wise, but Karrablast was a let-down. At least Shelmet had that snail-in-a-helmet going on. Evolutions, awesome.

SHELMET/ACCELGOR

I have no experience with them, so I'll say they're tied. Most likely because they'll be used for different reasons.

TIED

Which is more helpful?
Again, different roles in battle. Not like they have the ability 'Pickup' or anything, but Accelgor's Hydration could be useful in Rain. Escavalier looks like it's all about itself... THIEF

TIED

Don't know yet. Leaning towards Accelgor for that little background story, though.

TIED

Escavalier, it's level-up movepool alone compliments it's 135 Base ATK very well.

KARRABLAST/ESCAVALIER

Dunno, probably Escavalier. It's DEF and SPDEF block all Mixed Moves from Accelgor, but not the other way around. Escavalier's 135 ATK to Accelgor's 40 DEF? Ouch. That's in-game, though. In the anime, Speed + Dodge plays a huge roll, so it could go either way, but I'll give it to Escavalier.

KARRABLAST/ESCAVALIER

Wow, they're tied. However, I'll input some personal bias and choose Accelgor. I'll most likely be training both anyways. So I'll see if I can forgive like Escavalier a better.

Karrablast family. I like it's design more, and it's great! Plus, Accelgor should have had a second type. Bug/Dark! That would've been great.

Which is better overall?
Escavalier, because it has much higher defense and attack.
Both of their evolved form are really nice. Karrablast, however, is derp with a face. So Shelmet/Accelgor.
Depend. Escavalier can work as a tank that can deal some damage, while Accelgor works as a revenge killer. Tie.
Which is more helpful?
In-game, Escavalier. Competition-wise, tie.
Escavalier. I was planning to use one in my White playtrough, but dumped it because I couldn't evolve it.
Escavalier's movepool is pretty straight: damaging moves and some moves like Iron Defense. Accelgor has some original moves, like Giga drain, Power Swap, Recover and Final Gambit. Would've been deadly if it could learn Quiver Dance. Shelmet/Accelgor.
Escavalier, for sure. Well, maybe Accelgor could OHKO Escavalier with HP Fire.

Overall, it's a tie. I can't choose between the two.

Which is better overall?

Escavalier.

Escavalier. It's not as derpy as Accelgor or Shelmet.

Escavalier, I like the Steel-type, it really strengthens it.

Which is more helpful?

Escavalier. For the above reasons.

.... do I even have to say this one? Escavalier. It's just better in general.

Escavalier. Steel-type ftw.

Accelgor Escavalier. Better stats, better movepool, and as it turns out, better everything.

Looks like it's a sweep. Escavalier it is, then.

The Escavalier line. I mean, look at it! It's a bug! And a knight! How awesome is that?!
The Shelmet line is rather meh. Accelgor... what exactly is it based on?

Which is better overall?
I like Escavalier better.

Escavalier looks like a jouster.
I dont use them, so I guess Escavalier is better in battle?
Which is more helpful?
Again, I dont use them. I'm gonna go with Escavalier.
Escavalier definately.
Escavalier has an edge on this one.
Escavalier.

I can't choose between the two lines, since I have crossed choices. I prefer Karrablast over Shelmet due to being cuter and having higher Attack and Speed. But, at the same time, Accelgor goes over Escavalier for looks and stat distribution, plus the fact the latter still creeps me out no end.

Which has a better design? Okay, I give that to Escavalier. Accelgor is cool as a ninja, but Escavalier's a knight...

Which is better in battle? To be honest, this is pretty much a tie. Each one has its own strenghths and weaknesses, and so both of them are used for different reasons. Simple.

Which is more helpful? As powerful and reliable as Escavalier is, Accelgor is really useful as a revenge killer. He made it onto m VGC team just because of that fact.

Which one is your favorite? Again, a tie. I like both of them equally.

Who has the better movepool? Accelgor. He can learn Bug Buzz, Focus Blast, Energy Ball, and even Final Gambit! That move comes in handy!

Who would win in a fight? In a fight...well, Escavalier would win. Bulk and power? Even if Accelgor has great SpA and even better Speed, Escavalier can OHKO him with almost all of his attacks.

Overall? Well, looks like another tie. Like I said before, I like both of them equally and each of them have their own uses.

Which is better overall?
Escavalier.
Escavalier.
Escavalier.
Which is more helpful?
Escavalier.
Escavalier.
Escavalier.
Escavalier. I basically think Escavalier has better everything, since I simply said Escavalier for every question.

Accelgor, it is fast and looks so much cooler. Escavalier is ugly and slow.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom