• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kayumi's scratches ( New marill scratch!)

Kayumi

#1 Manaphy FanGirl
Reaction score
So while I've been making Pokèmon eggs and pokèballs for my shop, I've been doing small scratch features of the pokèmon, for animations I'd make edits to the arms and legs or wings and sometimes scratched a completely new one, but I'd never done a complete 100% scratch. This is my first and I think its pretty good.

My scratch Mijumaru!
mijuscratch-1.png
My second scratch! I thought that if I was going to do Mijumaru I would also do my other favourite Pokèmon!

My scratch Manaphy!
Manascratch.png

The newest Dratini scratch!
Dratiniscratch.png

EDIT:
Dratiniscratchimprov-1.png
fixed!

Marill!
Marillscratch-1.png

Last edited:
Re: Kayumi's first scratch EVER!!!!!

The pose is a little awkward and there isn't much shading, but its pretty good for a first attempt, keep it up!

Re: Kayumi's first scratch EVER!!!!!

That's so cute! I love it! :3

Re: Kayumi's scratches ( New Dratini scratch =D)

Try and make your sprites face the bottom left corner, as if it was in battle and facing your Pokemon, it makes them look a lot more authentic, rather than having them face forwards.

Try and make your sprites face the bottom left corner, as if it was in battle and facing your Pokemon, it makes them look a lot more authentic, rather than having them face forwards.

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks for the advice!

I like the mijumaru. :)
(he's my fave pokemon.. xD)

But honestly, i'm not that much of a critiquer, unless your sprite is in Jpeg. xD

I like the mijumaru. :)
(he's my fave pokemon.. xD)

HECK YA MIJUMARU XD

I like the Mijumaru the best too :)

Though I dont like my Dratini, much.

HECK YA MIJUMARU XD

I like the Mijumaru the best too :)

Though I dont like my Dratini, much.

Yay! xD

Yeah the dratini seems a bit skinny and the head's a bit round and smallish, don't you think?

Dratini looks cute! :p

Heh, glad I'm helping you... also, the shading on the Dratini (the darkest blue) is a bit too heavy looking and blocky... try and use a little less of it maybe? The best way to get a great sprite is to tweak it until it's perfect, so don't give up on it, just fix the errors. ;D

Yay! xD

Yeah the dratini seems a bit skinny and the head's a bit round and smallish, don't you think?
Yeah, I think I'm going to need to bring Dratini into plastic surgery XD lol

Dratini looks cute! :p
But ya cant deny the cuteness XD

Heh, glad I'm helping you... also, the shading on the Dratini (the darkest blue) is a bit too heavy looking and blocky... try and use a little less of it maybe? The best way to get a great sprite is to tweak it until it's perfect, so don't give up on it, just fix the errors. ;D
Yeah, thanks for the advice, all of you! :D I am now going to give Dratini plastic surgery.

EDIT:
Dratiniscratchimprov-1.png

Though he needs to look more like he's in battle :p

Gaahhh! More plastic surgery!

EDIT2: Marill!
Marillscratch.png

Seriously think I need to fix Marill's body shape though.

EDIT4THEEDIT:
Marillscratch-1.png
Well, I fixed the shading. BUT WHY IS THE WHITE BACKROUND SO BIG????

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom