• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Keep/Change/Delete

@ExLight you're the super duper high school luckster. Think you can hit that Magnitude 10 consistently? :p
wait what
I didn't even know mag 1-9 was possible

Change. Just decreasing opp's accuracy is ridiculously boring for a signature move.
Giving it some alternative effects like boosting psychic moves or increasing sp.atk would be nice.

EDIT: oh wow, while I was writing you two ninjd me
oof

Keep. It's a move that rewards delayed attacks, so the trade off is met in equilibrium. Now if some actual REAL SLOW Pokémon could get it aside from friggin' Beheeyem, that'd be real nice. Speaking of nice:

Play Nice
Change it.
Decreasing both pokés' Atk status and maybe adding a secondary effect would be better concept-wise and would make it more interesting.

Tangled Feet

Delete. It's odd because Acupressure is kind of a weird move because regardless of which stat it picks, you're getting a boost regardless. The problem here is... what if it raises your Pokemon's defense but your opponent is a special attacker. You basically gave them a free turn, so for that reason alone it feels like too risky of a move to keep around, or even to change for that matter.

Sky Uppercut

(I'm assuming you mean Blackglasses? Going to go with that assumption here, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. ^^)

Delete. Not all that useful; falls into the same category as other items that only give a slight boost to a specific type, but I don't think it's worth giving up an item slot for. You can accomplish pretty much the same thing (if not greater) by having any sort of stat-boosting move, anyway.

Everstone

Change, and by that I mean only giving it +5 more BP. 75 is meh, while I feel like 80 is a bit more respectable. I get that the bigger point is to allow Meloetta to switch between forms, but that doesn't mean it can't, at the very least, deal respectable damage in the meantime between form switches.

Fire Pledge/Water Pledge/Grass Pledge

Keep. An extremely simple yet oh so amazingly useful ability. Not only does it proc when you switch in (meaning you reap the benefits immediately), one stage can make all the difference for sure. Yes, I sometimes wish there was a Sp. Atk variation of it.

Confuse Ray

Keep. I personally don't think it's all that useful late game in the main series games, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't have its uses in other forms like in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon where it can be an absolute lifesaver.

Hyper Beam

Keep. It is one of the more staple moves in the game that perfectly represents the idea of a trade off: Present huge power in exchange for a lost turn. A simple and necessary move for sure.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon where it can be an absolute lifesaver

I literally love the fact you mentioned this.

Trick Room

Keep. Trick Room is a godsend for slower Pokemon, although it does take some careful planning to really make those five turns matter.

I literally love the fact you mentioned this.

I started as Vulpix in my recent PMD Sky playthrough and it's basically mandatory to spam Confuse Ray if you don't want to have a terrible time lmao

Defeatist

Delete. I know it’s Archeops’s and Archen’s signature ability and all, but it totally clips their wings. Neither Pokémon is broken enough to warrant such an awful ability in my opinion.

Aura Sphere.

Back
Top Bottom