• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Keep/Change/Delete

GelpyK

crayon eater
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Change. Get rid of the recoil, the electric type needs a good, reliable physical move besides Thunder Punch.

Frost Breath

Lone_Garurumon

What can I say? I Stand Out.
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/They
Keep it. It's an interesting counterpart to other special ice moves. Even the miss chance feels fair, given how crits cut through defence buffs.

Destiny Bond

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Keep it. It's fine as is. It may be a gamble, depending on the situation, but it's a fair gamble, especially compared to other OHKO moves. It's certainly a good "screw you" revenge move if used correctly.

Draco Meteor

colours

ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ ꜰɪᴇʟᴅꜱ ❀
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
delete it. never really cared for it, and if in some future generation it manages to disappear from existence, i doubt many people would notice/care

frisk

CuboneKing

Your Favorite Burnout
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Keep. It has its use, even though most mons that get it have a better option

Knock Off

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Keep, especially since it got buffed hard from Gen 6 onward.

Lava Plume

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Keep. The accuracy is great, and the power is nice too! No problems hereee~

Whirlpool

Orchid

remarkably unremarkable
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
Change, raise the accuracy to 95-100%. I know it was already buffed from its initial 70%, but still, the fact that most of those chip damage trapping moves only have 85% accuracy is kind of egregious. Infestation gets to have 100% accuracy, so why can't the rest?

Focus Sash

Ghost Diplocaulus

Detroit SMAAAASH! Eevee style.
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Keep. It's a genuinely useful item that allows frailer Pokemon the chance to act at least twice but at the same time it has plenty of counters, so it isn't too busted.

Magic Guard

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Keep. It's a fine ability. Could use more distribution but overall a very good ability that requires no buffs nor nerfs.

Intimidate

GelpyK

crayon eater
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Change, undo those stupid gen 8 nerfs.

Huge Power

Orchid

remarkably unremarkable
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
Keep as is. It's a perfectly good ability no matter how you look at it, and I appreciate that it activates even when you're forced to switch by an opponent.

Brine

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Keep. It's a meh move overall but I don't see any reason to change it. Makes for an interesting finisher if used correctly.

Toxic Boost

Ghost Diplocaulus

Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Change. I'd make it so that Zangoose is unaffected by poison's passive damage in addition to its already existing effect of boosting attack, mainly because the current version of that Ability feels too much like a poor man's Guts and I'd like it if it stood out a little more.

Libero

CuboneKing

Your Favorite Burnout
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Honestly, delete. Should’ve kept that mechanic exclusive to Greninja, it doesn’t really make sense thematically for Cinderace imo. Maybe it could’ve gotten a Mega Launcher style ability that powers up moves vaguely related to soccer instead.

Sticky Web

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Oh yabe uh the Bulbapedia page isn't showing so I'll check on the Bulbapedia app!

...I'd like to delete this, please? A move dealing damage and with a speeddown effect seems a bit better, despite it not affecting Pokémon on entry.

Flame Wheel

Ghost Diplocaulus

Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Keep. It may be annoying, but it gives several weaker Bug-types competitive merit, and seeing how underused the type as a whole tends to be, it needs all the good moves it can possibly get.
Dangit. Ninja'd.

Eh, I think Flame Wheel is fine to keep. I know it's not really that special or super strong, but I just really like that move for some reason. The visual of something curling up, setting itself aflame, and spinning like a wheel towards the opponent just sounds badass.

Draco Meteor

Orchid

remarkably unremarkable
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
hey, I love Sticky Web because it's annoying :wynaut:

I kind of want to say Delete just out of spite because it's caused me so much grief, but I won't LOL.
Instead, change the accuracy to 70% or something. 90% just feels way too high for a move that powerful, especially when it doesn't need to recharge. Make it more like Fire Blast/Blizzard/Thunder, where it's more of a "high risk, high reward" situation. I'd also be fine with no longer lowering Sp. Atk after use, if that would even things out.

Effect Spore

Top Bottom