• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Keep/Change/Delete

Keep it. It's fine as is. It may be a gamble, depending on the situation, but it's a fair gamble, especially compared to other OHKO moves. It's certainly a good "screw you" revenge move if used correctly.

Draco Meteor

Change, raise the accuracy to 95-100%. I know it was already buffed from its initial 70%, but still, the fact that most of those chip damage trapping moves only have 85% accuracy is kind of egregious. Infestation gets to have 100% accuracy, so why can't the rest?

Focus Sash

Keep. It's a genuinely useful item that allows frailer Pokemon the chance to act at least twice but at the same time it has plenty of counters, so it isn't too busted.

Magic Guard

Change. I'd make it so that Zangoose is unaffected by poison's passive damage in addition to its already existing effect of boosting attack, mainly because the current version of that Ability feels too much like a poor man's Guts and I'd like it if it stood out a little more.

Libero

Honestly, delete. Should’ve kept that mechanic exclusive to Greninja, it doesn’t really make sense thematically for Cinderace imo. Maybe it could’ve gotten a Mega Launcher style ability that powers up moves vaguely related to soccer instead.

Sticky Web

Keep. It may be annoying, but it gives several weaker Bug-types competitive merit, and seeing how underused the type as a whole tends to be, it needs all the good moves it can possibly get.
Dangit. Ninja'd.

Eh, I think Flame Wheel is fine to keep. I know it's not really that special or super strong, but I just really like that move for some reason. The visual of something curling up, setting itself aflame, and spinning like a wheel towards the opponent just sounds badass.

Draco Meteor

hey, I love Sticky Web because it's annoying :wynaut:

I kind of want to say Delete just out of spite because it's caused me so much grief, but I won't LOL.
Instead, change the accuracy to 70% or something. 90% just feels way too high for a move that powerful, especially when it doesn't need to recharge. Make it more like Fire Blast/Blizzard/Thunder, where it's more of a "high risk, high reward" situation. I'd also be fine with no longer lowering Sp. Atk after use, if that would even things out.

Effect Spore

Back
Top Bottom