• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Keep/Change/Delete

Neyo

A Clown of Silksong (and ducks)
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Change. Make it even more RNG by lowering the chance of any one status effect, but make it that so any status change can happen. (I.E. Sp. Attack sharp increase, Confusion, Freeze, Poison, etc.)
Embrace the RNG.

Beast Boost

Orchid

remarkably unremarkable
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
^ ...I would actually adore an ability like that. That sounds like it would be hell and I love it.

Keep Beast Boost. It can be ridiculously overpowered at times, but it's exclusive to UBs anyway, and it's one of the main draws of using them. Deleting it would be a tad excessive, and there's no point in changing it IMO, so I think it's fine to keep it as is.

Assault Vest

Orchid

remarkably unremarkable
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
Change. Raise that BP a little, something like 85-95 would do. Just feels weird that a 5 PP signature move for a Legendary only has 70 BP, same for Mist Ball.

Pursuit

Camille

Call of Fate
Reaction score
Bring it back, as it was a very good move for punishing those who switch out.
Mud Bomb

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Change. Raise the accuracy to at least 90%. It's too much of a gamble otherwise.

Bullet Seed

Ghost Diplocaulus

Detroit SMAAAASH! Eevee style.
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Keep. It's fun with Technician users, namely Breloom, who is one of my favorites.

Curse

Orchid

remarkably unremarkable
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
Keep as is. I love both of the different effects it has, and the non-Ghost-type version of it is extremely useful.
Though, just for aesthetic reasons, I would change it back to a "???-type" move like it was before — no real reason why, I just liked it better that way and I thought it hinted at its unique properties a little better.

Hypnosis

CuboneKing

Your Favorite Burnout
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Change, I’d bump it up to at least 75% accurate. Maybe even 85-90 if PLA drowsiness is here to stay, which is nowhere near as crippling.

Toxic

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Delete. I hate this move with a passion. And the fact that nearly every Mon in the game can learn it, even those that really shouldn't like the Chansey line, really only makes it worse. When Sword/Shield got rid of its TM status I rejoiced until Home gave it back to us as a transfer move. Or at least make it so only Poison types can learn it and nothing else.

Beak Blast

Neyo

A Clown of Silksong (and ducks)
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Keep.

Revelation Dance

Ghost Diplocaulus

Detroit SMAAAASH! Eevee style.
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Keep. It's an interesting move. I do wish that it wasn't the only non-Flying STAB that the Oricorios could learn, but that's not really something that can be faulted on Revelation Dance itself, since I can easily see it existing alongside "proper" STAB moves.

Power Gem

CuboneKing

Your Favorite Burnout
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Change, bump up the power to 90 to make it a Flamethrower/Thunderbolt equivalent. Also there should be more special rock types.

Memento

Orchid

remarkably unremarkable
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
Keep. I have yet to find a way to use it consistently, but I can still see the value in it over other self-sacrificing moves like Explosion or Healing Wish. I kind of wish it lowered the opponent's stats by three stages rather than just two, it would be even more devastating that way — but I think it's just fine the way it is.

Arena Trap

Gengarzilla

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Change, the 20% power boost isn't enough for the overall opportunity cost of making every move Normal type. If someone's really gotta commit to Normalize then just go full in with something like 50%.

Detect.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Keep. It may be a discount version of Protect due to lower PP but I don't see any reason to mess with it.

Close Combat

GelpyK

crayon eater
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Keep. Wish I could get rid of the defense drops, but then it’d be kinda broken.

Mind Blown

Orchid

remarkably unremarkable
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
Keep - it's a fairly unique signature move, it's strong but not overpowered, and it's got a fun animation and name. No problem here IMO.

Quick Claw

Lone_Garurumon

What can I say? I Stand Out.
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/They
Ohhh, that's a tough one. On the one hand it's a great way to get around being painfully slow, but on the other hand I can 100% understand the people who are dissatisfied with the RNG it introduces. And you can't really remove the RNG without just giving everything a Pokemon does increased priority, which is absolutely broken. I'm going to be an absolute coward and say to keep it as it is because I don't want to delete it and I have no idea how to change it in a reasonable way.

Rock Slide

Top Bottom