• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Keep/Change/Delete

Lone_Garurumon

What can I say? I Stand Out.
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/They
Keep it. There's nothing wrong with Clanging Scales, it's just attached to a Pokemon with all the worst combinations of traits

Heart Swap

Orchid

remarkably unremarkable
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
Keep. It's a fine move, just not sure why it has to be so exclusive.

Round

Stef50S

Reaction score
Keep
It's a fun ability, especially for Slowbro considering that it's meant to be slow and have delayed reactions. I also like how it stacks with Quick Claw to give you an almost 50/50 chance of going first.

I choose Knock Off.

Last edited:

Lone_Garurumon

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/They
Change to remove the power boost when removing an item. I can appreciate the counterplay it gives you for some problematic items, but I feel like it's too safe. Knock Off with a valid target is stronger than most other Dark-Type moves. You're rarely going to be sacrificing anything in exchange for removing the item. Removing the boost means that no matter the case, Knock Off is probably going to be weaker than most other moves you could be using as a trade-off.

Counter

Chilon

Pls watch my thread: OUR new region!!!
Reaction score
Pronouns
Him
Change: i would be like when its a move thats only used on the end of the turn.
Bullet seed

Ghost Diplocaulus

Detroit SMAAAASH! Eevee style.
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Keep. It's currently just fine the way it is, imo. Probably one of the better multi-hit moves.

Hyper Beam

Daren

Unsung Hero
Reaction score
Change. The move is treated like a powerhouse attack, coming in at high levels, but it's pretty awful. Considering the huge downside of losing a turn I think it either needs to lose the recharge time and get a power drop, or get a large power boost.

Brick Break

Lone_Garurumon

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/They
Change. Triple the boosts and cuts. Will you max your attack in two turns or become as frail as tissue paper? Who knows! It's pure anarchy, baby!

Dynamax
If that entire mechanic is a bit more than you'd like to get into in a silly fun forum thread, then just tell me what you think of Hidden Power. The classic version, not the new one we got in Legends.
Or hell, do them both if you want, I'm not the boss of you.

Daren

Unsung Hero
Reaction score
Delete Dynamax. I can't think of a way to salvage it without turning it into an entirely different mechanic.

Slow Start

Chilon

Pls watch my thread: OUR new region!!!
Reaction score
Pronouns
Him
Change. In double battles its nasty and not even more like Truant. Pls delete it in Doubles!

Tackle

Lone_Garurumon

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/They
Keep, I think it's pretty well-balanced with its base power compared to the boosted version. The boosted power isn't that much stronger than Close Combat, which makes it seem kinda underwhelming compared to the wider context of physical Fighting moves, but I think that's just because Close Combat itself is somewhat overtuned.

Hidden Power, the old one, not the new one from Legends

Ghost Diplocaulus

Detroit SMAAAASH! Eevee style.
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Change. Raise its power to 70 and include Fairy as one of the types it can be. I would also want for it to not be reliant on IVs and include a way to change its typing to whatever the player wants but admittedly I'm not sure how...

Minimize

Orchid

remarkably unremarkable
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
Change — add a few more moves that minimized Pokémon take double damage from. I know the point is that they're attacks that would "squash" a tiny Pokémon, but it feels almost pointless to have that mechanic at all when, as of Gen 8, there are still only six moves that apply to it.

Solar Power

Top Bottom