• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

Keep/Change/Delete

MegaPod

Radio Rodent
Reaction score
Change, if only to give the additional effects each a boosted chance of appearing. I mean, they’re literally the move’s gimmick!

Frenzy Plant

colours

ᴄʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛ
Reaction score
Keep, although honestly its use is fairly questionable considering the free turn you'd be given to your opponent. That, and Seed Bomb is generally a safer move, anyway.

DynamicPunch

RK9

Gen V was the peak.
Reaction score
Change. Lower the paralyze chance so the accuracy can increase.

Volt Tackle.

MunchlaxKing88

Hungry Huggable Hamster
Reaction score
Change.

It is the signature move of Pikachu, but the fact that it only has that it will paralyze 10% of the time is really bad.

Flower Mail

SpinyShell

Setting shell traps
Reaction score
Change. When held by Grass types, it slightly increases their speed.

Metal Powder.

colours

Reaction score
Change. As it stands currently, it seems pretty gimmicky/situational at best, as you'd have to be facing anything that's not a special attacker for it to really be effective. I'd just increase both Defense and Sp. Defense by 1 stage upon transforming (maybe 2? but no more than that).

Sitrus Berry

MizuTaipu

A deeper shade of blue
Reaction score
Keep. There should be more Berries introduced that recover greater amounts of HP though.

Belch

MunchlaxKing88

Hungry Huggable Hamster
Reaction score
Delete.

This move and Spit Up are completely useless unless the opponent ate a berry. I have never seen AI eat a berry in battle, unless it was competitive. And even then, it's not like you're going to see many people eat berries.

Forecast

Pikadex

Pikachu Aficionado
Reaction score
It's a very useful move for many different reasons and in various conditions as well, so I definitely agree to keep this one.

Self-Destruct

MunchlaxKing88

Hungry Huggable Hamster
Reaction score
I don't know with this one.
It seems like a move that would make sense for pokemon to have, but if someone uses it the opponent and themselves faints, rendering it useless.

Flash

SpinyShell

Setting shell traps
Reaction score
Delete. It has little use outside of being super cheesy with accuracy hax, and it is annoying to waste a moveslot on a Pokémon in order to make dark caves bearable.

Corrosion.

Cresselia92

Eye of the Swan
Reaction score
Keep. The Ability itself is fairly good, but it would need better and more reliable users to use that ability at the best of its capability.

Eviolite

Chidamari Sketch

Fallen Angel
Reaction score
Keep. It's a neat item in general and serves as a boon for various Pokemon.

Scope Lens.

colours

Reaction score
Delete. In all actual honestly I'd rather just change it so that it raises the user's critical hit ratio two stages rather than one, but I'd rather rely on increased raw strength than rely on critical hit chances.

Premier Ball

Camille

Call of Fate
Reaction score
Keep, it has a cool animation and I like how it was created to commemorate an event of some kind.
Rock Smash

colours

Reaction score
Delete the move and the need to use the move in the first place. If a Pokemon can naturally smash rocks, it should be able to do so. I mean... Tauros can do it in SM/USUM, so...

Wimp Out

Neosquid

number six
Reaction score
change; it and emergency exit should remove the pokemon from battle at the end of the turn, so it still gets to attack even after having its HP lowered to under half

stockpile

colours

Reaction score
Keep. I honestly would've gone the delete option, but I'm thinking that raising both defenses might actually be useful in some niche situations where you also have recovery.

Innards Out

Neosquid

number six
Reaction score
keep/change. It's a good ability, although I'd give it to some pokemon that could actually use it well. Pyukumuku has a low HP, high defenses, and a much more useful ability in unaware. All three of these traits result in innards out having little to no use.

prankster

SpinyShell

Setting shell traps
Reaction score
Change. I'd make it so that status moves affect Dark types again, but at the cost of priority and accuracy.

Heal Block.