• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Keep/Change/Delete

You mean Mystical Fire?
Keep, it is fine the way it is now.
Barrier

I wanna neuter the Ability so bad because of how broken it is, but Urshifu is supposed to be a powerful Legendary Pokémon, and the brokenness of the Ability is somewhat balanced by 550 BST of Urshifu, so I'd say, keep as is.

Metal Claw

I love Metal Claw, it's a fantastic Steel move to have early on in the game, and the small chance it has of raising Attack is a nice bonus too.
...But omg, please change its accuracy from 95% to a full 100%. 95% accuracy moves are a pet peeve of mine to begin with, but there's definitely no reason for it to be this way on a 50 BP move that most Pokémon learn at extremely early levels!! If not for that it'd otherwise be perfect.

Toxic Debris

Up the accuracy from 90 to 100%, and cut the power down to 50/55. The move itself is interesting. As it stands it's functionally Ice Beam with less accuracy that cuts through Sp. Def buffs. And that's cool. It's an interesting idea for a move. But a 90-power move having less than 100% hit-rate feels wrong to me. I understand that it's there as a balancing act so it doesn't just replace Ice Beam, but I don't like it. Cutting the base power to 50/55 will lower the effective power to 75/82.5 (I'm honestly unsure which is more reasonable, but I could see either), a lower starting power than Ice Beam, but it won't drop in power against something with Sp. Def buffs. A clear trade-off with positives and negatives that allows the accuracy to be upped to 100% since it's no longer acting as a balance lever.

Dynamic Punch

Change — up the accuracy from 50% to 80%.
In theory, 100 BP and guaranteed confusion when it hits would be amazing and incredibly useful... if it was actually able to hit anything more consistently than a coin flip. I get that its accuracy is low because otherwise there'd be no downside to using it, but having the lowest accuracy ever (second only to OHKO moves!) is somewhat excessive, and feels like a relic of the early gens. Spruce it up a little, and it'd be super viable and awesome. (I do like that Wooper can learn it though, never change that.)

Healing Wish

Keep. The buff it received in Generation VIII is good, making it more viable if it wasn't viable enough already; I hope GF keeps up with this and buffs some other, rather underwhelming moves looking at you, Smog :coffee:

Speaking of...
Smog

Make it at least 80-90% accurate. I get that the reason for its imperfect accuracy is because of its high probability of poisoning the target, but it's also a very weak attack already, so it having such shaky accuracy on top of that seems like a bit of overkill and makes Smog feel unreliable even by "begginer move" standards.

Steadfast

The item is interesting as a concept. However, it, more often than not, is only useful if you are trying to attack with just one or two Pokémon throughout the battle, and that is a pretty situational strategy. I don't think anyone would mind if it got removed from the game. :enzap:

Make It Rain

Change — increase the PP to 10, and the accuracy to 90%.
Paralysis chance or not, a mere 5 PP/85% acc just seems a little bit overkill for a move with only 85 BP. Its only real purpose is to give some non-Flying-type Pokémon a Flying-type coverage move, and I guess it works fine in a pinch but I do think it could stand to be a bit more reliable.

Embargo

Back
Top Bottom