• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Keep/Change/Delete

Keep. It may not be worth a spot in a competitive team, but it is a pretty useful move to catch Pokémon with low catch rate and equipped with recovery moves — like Mewtwo — or prevent wild Pokémon from using berries — like Sitrus Berry.

Flame Burst

I think it's a good move in general, and I have had a pokemon in a game who could use it as well, so I say to keep this one.

Counter

It can damage the user, but if they have enough power and potential, it can be great to use in a battle, keep.

Aerial Ace

It can damage the user, but if they have enough power and potential, it can be great to use in a battle, keep.

Flare Boost isn’t a move though.

As for Aerial Ace, I’d say keep. It’s a decent enough Flying move to use early in-game.

Stealth Rocks.

Flare Boost isn’t a move though.

As for Aerial Ace, I’d say keep. It’s a decent enough Flying move to use early in-game.

Stealth Rocks.

Sorry, accidentally used the wrong word.

I don't really see much use for this, stealth rock may be of good use but I personally don't see a need for it, delete.

Aura Sphere

Change is so that it can affect even Pokemon that use non-contact moves, similiarly to Cursed Body.
Rock Climb

change, make it 110 bp. That way it could be seen as an alternative to return, having 8 more bp and a 20% confusion chance but only 85% accuracy.

protective pads

Change. I'm not a fan of diluting a signature move by a watered down version of it that's more widely accessible. I'd say give it less benefits, like the inability to remove protections or nerf it somehow other than its BP and ACC. I'm not the best at balancing, but I sure do know that my devil Pokémon needs to have his time in the spotlight.

Brave Bird

Delete, but if that’s not possible, at least Change. I go with Delete because the power level of Archeops isn’t as absurd nowadays as it was when BW came out. However, if deletion isn’t an option, change it so that the power drops when reaching 25% HP (mirroring Schooling).

Iron Fist

Back
Top Bottom