• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Keep/Change/Delete

Keep. It pretty much single handedly makes Staraptor the best regional bird.

Wrap

change; make it go back to how it was in gen VI, where it worked at any level of HP. Gale wings has potential to be broken, but on a mon like talonflame which has such notable flaws outside of gale wings, it's fine. If they really think gen VI gale wings was too much, they could make it so it works if the user is at 50% hp or higher. Seems like a fair compromise to me.

life orb

keep. Hyper beam and all its variants are, for the most part, useless moves in a competitive environment. They can be situationally useful in game through. They could easily be buffed by allowing the user to switch out during the recharge turn, but as this would add to power creep even more, I'd rather not.

toxic thread

Get rid of it. I hate knocking out wild Boldore and then realising I haven't because they've got Sturdy. And that's pretty much the only reason...

...Also, the same thing can be achieved for any Pokemon if they're holding a Focus Sash.

Cute Charm

keep. It's interesting in that it gives mons a reason to want to go last; gives a nice silver lining to being slow. It's not useless on fast mons either, since it activates when the opponent switches out.

mega launcher

keep; it looks nice and has an interesting obtaining method, doesn't need any special effects

marvel scale
Keep. It has its uses for Toxic Heal Pokemon and worst case scenario, Guts users (though Burn Orb is generally superior to Toxic Orb iirc)
yep, guts users have literally zero reason to not run flame orb over toxic orb (besides item clause, when that's a thing)
less damage each turn
but quick feet users can make use out of toxic orb, even if it's a rare ability

Last edited:
I hate Thunder Wave, it's annoyed me so much over the years in games. That being said, keep. It's good at doing what it's suppose to, even if it's accuracy was lowered to 90%

Mega Kick

Back
Top Bottom