• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Keep/Change/Delete

^ ...I would actually adore an ability like that. That sounds like it would be hell and I love it.

Keep Beast Boost. It can be ridiculously overpowered at times, but it's exclusive to UBs anyway, and it's one of the main draws of using them. Deleting it would be a tad excessive, and there's no point in changing it IMO, so I think it's fine to keep it as is.

Assault Vest

Bring it back, as it was a very good move for punishing those who switch out.
Mud Bomb

Keep as is. I love both of the different effects it has, and the non-Ghost-type version of it is extremely useful.
Though, just for aesthetic reasons, I would change it back to a "???-type" move like it was before — no real reason why, I just liked it better that way and I thought it hinted at its unique properties a little better.

Hypnosis

Change, I’d bump it up to at least 75% accurate. Maybe even 85-90 if PLA drowsiness is here to stay, which is nowhere near as crippling.

Toxic

Delete. I hate this move with a passion. And the fact that nearly every Mon in the game can learn it, even those that really shouldn't like the Chansey line, really only makes it worse. When Sword/Shield got rid of its TM status I rejoiced until Home gave it back to us as a transfer move. Or at least make it so only Poison types can learn it and nothing else.

Beak Blast

Keep. It's an interesting move. I do wish that it wasn't the only non-Flying STAB that the Oricorios could learn, but that's not really something that can be faulted on Revelation Dance itself, since I can easily see it existing alongside "proper" STAB moves.

Power Gem

Change, bump up the power to 90 to make it a Flamethrower/Thunderbolt equivalent. Also there should be more special rock types.

Memento

Keep. I have yet to find a way to use it consistently, but I can still see the value in it over other self-sacrificing moves like Explosion or Healing Wish. I kind of wish it lowered the opponent's stats by three stages rather than just two, it would be even more devastating that way — but I think it's just fine the way it is.

Arena Trap

Change, the 20% power boost isn't enough for the overall opportunity cost of making every move Normal type. If someone's really gotta commit to Normalize then just go full in with something like 50%.

Detect.

Ohhh, that's a tough one. On the one hand it's a great way to get around being painfully slow, but on the other hand I can 100% understand the people who are dissatisfied with the RNG it introduces. And you can't really remove the RNG without just giving everything a Pokemon does increased priority, which is absolutely broken. I'm going to be an absolute coward and say to keep it as it is because I don't want to delete it and I have no idea how to change it in a reasonable way.

Rock Slide

Back
Top Bottom