• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Keep/Change/Delete

Keep but increase its distribution. A special pseudo-Guts is cool and should be a strategy for something, but Unburden is way better on Drifblim.

On that note, Guts

Keep it, but improve distribution, preferably to more special-based Pokemon. It's a cool idea as a speed-based counterpart to Guts, but inflicting a status on yourself to trigger it is either a Toxic Orb (not something you want to do), or a Flame Orb (cuts the attack of the primarily physical Pokemon that get the ability). So having it on somebody who didn't care that they were burned would be cool.

Steadfast

I think maybe change and lower its accuracy to 90 or 95. It’s basically a status move and most of those have a chance to miss, which I think is a good thing honestly

Explosion

Make it effectively a 500 base power move, like it was before the Generation V nerf.
Mimic

Keep. Don’t see any reason to change it. The high power is balanced by nerfing the attacking stat afterwards.

Magnet bomb

Delete. It's fine on paper, I guess, but if you want a physical Steel-type move you have a lot of far better options. Especially when the only three Pokémon that learn it are better off utilizing their Special Attack anyway.

Limber

Change. Buff it's accuracy to 95% at least to make it more reliable. It often feels like a poor man's Waterfall, especially since it has no added effect, so it doesn't feel worth using when compared to Waterfall.

Speaking of Water moves: Razor Shell

Keep. It's not the best recovery move but it works well enough that I don't see any reason to change it. Plus it helps Mons that lack regular recovery moves like Weezing and Misdreavus.

Mach Punch

Back
Top Bottom