• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Keep/Change/Delete

Keep
It's a fun ability, especially for Slowbro considering that it's meant to be slow and have delayed reactions. I also like how it stacks with Quick Claw to give you an almost 50/50 chance of going first.

I choose Knock Off.

Last edited:
Change to remove the power boost when removing an item. I can appreciate the counterplay it gives you for some problematic items, but I feel like it's too safe. Knock Off with a valid target is stronger than most other Dark-Type moves. You're rarely going to be sacrificing anything in exchange for removing the item. Removing the boost means that no matter the case, Knock Off is probably going to be weaker than most other moves you could be using as a trade-off.

Counter

Change. Triple the boosts and cuts. Will you max your attack in two turns or become as frail as tissue paper? Who knows! It's pure anarchy, baby!

Dynamax
If that entire mechanic is a bit more than you'd like to get into in a silly fun forum thread, then just tell me what you think of Hidden Power. The classic version, not the new one we got in Legends.
Or hell, do them both if you want, I'm not the boss of you.

Keep, I think it's pretty well-balanced with its base power compared to the boosted version. The boosted power isn't that much stronger than Close Combat, which makes it seem kinda underwhelming compared to the wider context of physical Fighting moves, but I think that's just because Close Combat itself is somewhat overtuned.

Hidden Power, the old one, not the new one from Legends

Change. Raise its power to 70 and include Fairy as one of the types it can be. I would also want for it to not be reliant on IVs and include a way to change its typing to whatever the player wants but admittedly I'm not sure how...

Minimize

Keep, it is fine the way it is now.
Berserk

Last edited:
I'm assuming you mean "Berserk", the ability for Drampa and Moltres? In which case keep it, it's cool, it's useful, but change it to make it trigger from indirect damage and Sheer Force attacks. Because at least one of those feels like it's a bug.

Serene Grace

Back
Top Bottom