• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Keep or Ditch?

bz313

Reaction score
I have a quandary:

I have a Garchomp sweeper. It's been good, but recently I rechecked her (yeah, it's a girl) stats. When I test hatched babies, I level them up with rare candies to lvl 25, meaning when I tested out my Garchomp way back when (more than six months ago), she had seemingly perfect stats in four areas. Now that I check again, though, she has 31 IVs in HP and SDef, but only 30 in Atk and Spd. HP and SDef, of course, are not at all helpful to a Jolly physical sweeper Garchomp, so I'm wondering if I should go for another Garchomp with perfect IV's, or if it's really not that necessary. Thanks for answering!

oh no... a garchomp with near perfect IV's in what it needs and perfect IV's in what it doesn't . Oh no... the world is coming to an end.

Keep it man. A sweeper who can take hits is better than a sweeper who can't.

And might I point out that this is FREAKIN GARCHOMP.

That is very hard! The Garchomp you have is so close to perfect it really isn't worth the effort. But if you feel you need to, don't let me stop you. xD Btw having 31 IVs In HP and SPdef is still a good thing!

That is very hard! The Garchomp you have is so close to perfect it really isn't worth the effort. But if you feel you need to, don't let me stop you. xD Btw having 31 IVs In HP and SPdef is still a good thing!

Especially since most ice attacks except for like, what Ice Punch? are special.

Actually it's more of a simple questions topic, but apparently no one can find it.

OK, OK...thanks, guys. I suppose I've gotten all the prerequisite opinions. I'll keep her. Thanks, guys!

Since Garchomp is in its own speed tier, you're fine with 30 Speed. I wouldn't worry about it.

The difference of only one stat point isn't to bad! I say keep.

oh no... a garchomp with near perfect IV's in what it needs and perfect IV's in what it doesn't . Oh no... the world is coming to an end.

Keep it man. A sweeper who can take hits is better than a sweeper who can't.

And might I point out that this is FREAKIN GARCHOMP.

No, its speed isn't perfect, now you'll be outsped by Garchomp with 31 IV's, Give it to me.

Seriously, for anything but speed and sometimes HP, a single stat difference doesn't really make much of a difference. All this means is you need one extra EV point in speed to outspeed what Garchomps need to outspeed unless its already running full speed.

I say keep it in your box.
You might use it oneday.

Thanks.

Without RNGing it would be near impossible for him to get a better Gible. I am glad he kept it.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom