• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ken Sugimori artbook announced for May: The Works of Ken Sugimori: A 25 Year Portfoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Ken Sugimori artbook announced for May: The Works of Ken Sugimori: A 25 Year Portfolio from ...

To celebrate the 25 year of Ken Sugimori an exclusive artbook is being released covering his many works and includes a 32 page interview. It will be released in Japan on May 27 for 1,998 yen.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Ken Sugimori artbook announced for May: The Works of Ken Sugimori: A 25 Year Port

I wonder if this'll come out over here eventually. I've been seeing more of this types of books released in the US lately. Hell, i've got four of them myself: a Zelda Artbook (Hyrule Historia), two Mega Man artbooks, and a Final Fantasy artbook.

Re: Ken Sugimori artbook announced for May: The Works of Ken Sugimori: A 25 Year Port

I would personally like to buy one :3

If this ever comes out in the US, I would buy a copy immediately.

I'd love to lay my hands on this. Might want to start watching Hobby Link Japan or the like to try and nab one.

Sounds interesting. I've been collecting stuff like this so I'll be definitely eyeing this.=3

Oh boy, a Ken Sugimori art book containing art from various Game Freak titles (ah, remember the days when Game Freak made great games other than Pocket Monsters? No offense to Soriti Horse). There's been so many artbooks for Pocket Monsters over the years and barely any of them ever get translated and brought over to the west at all. I love artbooks - been collecting them for other anime/manga/video game franchises and the collection just keeps on expanding - and I'd love for there to be some sort of larger fan demand for this, large enough for a company to take notice and get this released over here like what Dark Horse did with Hyrule Historia. Because I'd gladly buy it if there was an English copy available.

Sadly... most likely won't happen. Even then, I can always import it or pick up an import at an anime convention. I darn near imported Hyrule Historia before Dark Horse announced their translation a few years back.

Wow this sounds awesome. love seeing pokemon art!

I really hope this comes out in English, like really badly. If this does come out, I will personally send the translators my bank account password. But seriously, I would buy this, Ken Sugimori is an amazing artist, I adore his work. I guess I could import it and translate it, but I'm too lazy. XD

It'd be pretty awesome if this could come over here. Especially so we could look at the designs for cut Pokemon and beta designs for the ones that didn't. Hopefully there's something on that Latias/Blaziken design.

I have a bad feeling this won't make it over seas. If they do, they probably have to change the cover to have a heavier Pokemon spotlight to it. I'm hoping that by the Pokemon 20th anniversary it will have an art book all to it's own. Model sheets, concept art, I want to see them! We saw bits of those in the past few years, but not all collected in a book.

Do people even remember Jelly Boy/Quinty (or Smart Ball/Mendel Palace for us non-Japanese)? Were they popular back in the day?

I need that book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom