• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kenhorou looks disappointing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinCosTan

God forgives, I don't.
Reaction score
Especially after being spoiled by Staraptor in the fourth generation. Kenhorou has a shallow move pool and a worse stat spread. It has better defenses but it's not like it will be tanking anything.

Staraptor had Close Combat to deal with his rock weakness, and Steels couldn't wall him. Coming off of his beautiful 120 base attack it actually did something.

Staraptor also has brave bird but this thing gets...Sky Attack. Starly gets decent early game STAB with wing attack at level 9. Mamepato doesn't get any decent physical STAB until a high level or you use a TM on it.

Overall I'm not too happy with the new bird this gen. I used to be happy with any of the birds (because I love to fly), but Swellow, Honchkrow & Staraptor have lead me to expect better from gamefreak.

...Shouldn't this go in New Pokemon Discussion...?

Anyway, yeah, Kenhorou sucks but the design is awesome!

Yeah. This should definitely be in the New Pokemon discussion thread.

But What? I love Kenhorou. I may not love it as much as Staraptor, but still. Its stat distribution isn't as bad as you make it out to be, and with the right moves Kenhorou could kill. Plus, it can even learn Hypnosis via egg move. How awesome is that?

But What? I love Kenhorou. I may not love it as much as Staraptor, but still. Its stat distribution isn't as bad as you make it out to be, and with the right moves Kenhorou could kill. Plus, it can even learn Hypnosis via egg move. How awesome is that?

YES. I'm a Kenhorou fan, so I'm sort of biased. But, not every regional bird is intended to be a bruiser like Staraptor. They all have their own niches anyway.

Should go to new pokemon thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom