• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

KH3 just got a release date! January 29th, 2019 (25th for Japan)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda Sad that it's not this year.. It would have been a nice gift for Christmas lol. Was there any other reveals or is that coming later on?

Not too surprising it would be released on the same month that Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue did 2 years later. Anyway at least it will make it easier for me to deal with other projects along the way (namely Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2 along with Mega Man 11).

It may not be in time for Christmas, but it doesn't rule out the possibility for me to get a GameStop gift card.

Another note I am personally waiting for is who will be the new voice for Xehanort, as both his original Japanese and English voice actors Chikao Ohtsuka and Leonard Nimoy have both passed away.

Last edited:
I'm just wondering what worlds will be revealed between now and release. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a couple of worlds from the past to return. Most notably Pride Lands (for The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride), and Castle of Dreams (Cinderella 3: A Twist in Time was surprisingly solid as a sequel), and *Maybe* Port Royal so we can whack the living crap out of Davy Jones and/or the Kraken with a Keyblade.

For new worlds: I'm half-expecting a few more Pixar ones (mostly Finding Nemo, A Bug's Life, and *maybe* The Incredibles and/or Brave), along with Frozen (because there's no escape from it even if I STILL have not seen it). As for 2d animated Disney-themed worlds, maybe The Princess and the Frog or The Emperor's New Groove, but more likely The Jungle Book and Treasure Planet. As much as I think Brother Bear suits the theme of Kingdom Hearts (comradery, whether it's friends or family, Finding oneself, exploration, et cetera), I doubt it'll make in anytime soon. But Nomura has surprised us before.

Anyways, I'm disappointed it won't be out in time for the holidays.

Another note I am personally waiting for is who will be the new voice for Xehanort, as both his original Japanese and English voice actors Chikao Ohtsuka and Leonard Nimoy have both passed away.

An issue that could have been perfectly avoided if they prioritized on the KH3 launch aside from their other prequel/sequel/midquels.

Kingdom Hearts 2 release date: 2005
Kingdom Hearts 3 release date: 2019

The rift between the first Kingdom Hearts and CoM was, like, a year, with only one game in between. After KH2, they made about five or six games which followed as add-ons to characters' stories (Days), a look into the past (Birth by Sleep) and a slight glance into the future (Dream Drop Distance), not to mention a slew of HD ReMixes with a few bonus cutscenes and access to Japanese-only content.

The extra games were nice, if not a bit expensive to keep up with the console change, but KH3 would have been much more appreciated.

Here is the second trailer released before the pirates one did:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWlKEM3m2EE

While this doesn't have anything that is too new from the first one I posted it does have some extra scene including that Zexion's original Ienzo helping the group in regards to restoring Roxas.

With this and the pirates trailer it further shows that along with other material outside the trailers I have confirmed
-They are obviously using material from Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
-That Luxord is confirmed as a member of the Real Organization and once again he and Jack Sparrow meet where Luxord once again tries to cut a deal.
-According to the official Japanese website the area will be renamed from Port Royal to The Caribbean
-Kairi and Lea make an appearance including Kari's new outfit and shorter hair
-A scene of two Riku's though it has not been established directly if the other one is Riku Replica.
-That Hayden Panettiere has stated on Twitter that she was not asked back to reprise her role as Kairi so it look like it may by Alyson Stoner again.

35056295_1651890534906841_3802846146473230336_n.png
No seriously though, I really don't mind that they're pushing it back. I'd much rather they take the extra month or two to polish the game and make sure it all works properly than to pull a SEGA and release a half-finished game just to keep to a date they promised us.
An issue that could have been perfectly avoided if they prioritized on the KH3 launch aside from their other prequel/sequel/midquels.

Kingdom Hearts 2 release date: 2005
Kingdom Hearts 3 release date: 2019

The rift between the first Kingdom Hearts and CoM was, like, a year, with only one game in between. After KH2, they made about five or six games which followed as add-ons to characters' stories (Days), a look into the past (Birth by Sleep) and a slight glance into the future (Dream Drop Distance), not to mention a slew of HD ReMixes with a few bonus cutscenes and access to Japanese-only content.

The extra games were nice, if not a bit expensive to keep up with the console change, but KH3 would have been much more appreciated.
To me, Kingdom Hearts 3 is just a title. Really the only thing that makes it any more of a "main game" is that it's on a console like 1 and 2. None of the other games are any less important than KH3 is (except maybe coded), and we'll definitely need them to understand what's going on. In my eyes KH2 is the real KH3, and CoM is KH2, and the numbers continue from there. I'm really not upset about how long it took for KH3 to become a thing to happen, since everything else has been just as important.

My money's on Aqua having been 'Norted. She's got the golden eyes and white hair thing goin' on, so that seems like the most likely thing to have happened.
Sora, Riku, Mickey, Lea, Kairi, Ven, and Roxas seem to be the only options left for our 7 lights now that Aqua's out.

It also just occurred to me that we know almost the entire New Organisation now.
  1. RegularNort
  2. AnsemNort
  3. XemnaNort
  4. SaiNort
  5. XigbaNort
  6. TerraNort
  7. YoungNort
  8. VanitaNort
  9. LarxeNort
  10. LuxorNort
  11. AquaNort
After seeing all the other 'Norts, I'm really wondering what's up with Marluxia. He isn't showing any of the telltale signs of 'Nortism. Green eyes, pink hair, he looks entirely normal. I get the feeling he's not tied in with the 'Norts at all, and is just doing his own thing. Something related to his past from Union X maybe?

35056295_1651890534906841_3802846146473230336_n.png
No seriously though, I really don't mind that they're pushing it back. I'd much rather they take the extra month or two to polish the game and make sure it all works properly than to pull a SEGA and release a half-finished game just to keep to a date they promised us.

To me, Kingdom Hearts 3 is just a title. Really the only thing that makes it any more of a "main game" is that it's on a console like 1 and 2. None of the other games are any less important than KH3 is (except maybe coded), and we'll definitely need them to understand what's going on. In my eyes KH2 is the real KH3, and CoM is KH2, and the numbers continue from there. I'm really not upset about how long it took for KH3 to become a thing to happen, since everything else has been just as important.

My money's on Aqua having been 'Norted. She's got the golden eyes and white hair thing goin' on, so that seems like the most likely thing to have happened.
Sora, Riku, Mickey, Lea, Kairi, Ven, and Roxas seem to be the only options left for our 7 lights now that Aqua's out.

It also just occurred to me that we know almost the entire New Organisation now.
  1. RegularNort
  2. AnsemNort
  3. XemnaNort
  4. SaiNort
  5. XigbaNort
  6. TerraNort
  7. YoungNort
  8. VanitaNort
  9. LarxeNort
  10. LuxorNort
  11. AquaNort
After seeing all the other 'Norts, I'm really wondering what's up with Marluxia. He isn't showing any of the telltale signs of 'Nortism. Green eyes, pink hair, he looks entirely normal. I get the feeling he's not tied in with the 'Norts at all, and is just doing his own thing. Something related to his past from Union X maybe?

That comic is so win.

I wouldn't mind their vast montage of games that "add" to the plot if they weren't each $60. It's like, look at Zelda. They release huge platformers that's filled to the brim with main content--everything you'd expect. Kingdom Hearts does that, only they fragment their games in pieces and make you buy all of them just to understand what the hell's going on. Then they release the HD Remixes to catch up the fans (kind of) and you have to spend even more money to keep up with it.

Aqua lost her heart to the darkness? When did THAT happen? Of all the games in the series there's only one I don't own, which is that BBS episode remix... thing. So much for her helping Terra get his heart back!

And really, that's a lot of Norts. I'm surprised the series has been able to keep going and somehow maintain so many characters that share personas with each other... and everyone else. o_O I guess that's what can happen with infinite continuity, though I heard KH3 will finally mark the end of the Xehanort saga.

Larxene and Luxord are new to me - those two used to have normal-colored eyes of blue and green as I recall. Luxord was also the only one who had The 13th Struggle play aside from Axel, so there's that. Marluxia is a puzzle, though. Maybe he's not directly affiliated with Xehanort and is acting on his own role? This could be because they screwed him out of the other games he planned to betray the Organization to begin with.

they recently announced there will most likely be post launch DLC
I just hope it isn't 3 years of it like FFXV, or it isn't content that should've been explained in the base game also like FFXV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom