• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Kid Icarus: Uprising mafia - game over, the innocents win! 16/9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mijzelffan

memes
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Kid Icarus: Uprising mafia

This game is very spoiler heavy when it comes to the actual game.

After 25 years, the beloved franchise of Kid Icarus finally returns! Even though our hero Pit had defeated the dark goddess Medusa long ago, she has been resurected along with her commanders, forming the underworld forces. Logically, they are out to get revenge on Pit. Will Pit be able to defeat them with the help of the goddess Palutena? What about the forces of nature, led by the goddess Viridi? Or mysterious alien invaders; the Aurum? What about Palutena herself and whatever force might be controlling her into becoming an enemy of Pit? Lucky it isn't all enemies for Pit, as he'll meet a bunch of new friends on his journey too who are glad to lend a hand. Will our hero succeed, or will he be finished?

[video=youtube;WGR8wXl4QTM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGR8wXl4QTM[/video]

Nintendo 3DS - Kid Icarus: Uprising Viridi, Goddess of Nature Trailer - YouTube

Nintendo 3DS - Kid Icarus: Uprising Mysterious Invaders Trailer - YouTube

Nintendo 3DS - Kid Icarus: Uprising Palutena's Temple Trailer - YouTube

It's not neccesary to watch these trailers, but they will show off a quite seizable chunk of the characters roles will be based on.

Game Mechanics:
1. This mafia works like a normal mafia. You vote during the day, you send in nightactions during the night. Vote by bolding your vote like Vote: Pit, and if you want to change that vote you'll unvote first and then place the other vote, like
unvote: Pit
vote: Medusa

A tie in votes means a no lynch. Voting no lynch is an option, and if that is the majority no one will be lynched, but it loses in a tie. Your votes might not be counted if not properly bolded or unvoted.

2. Every role has a hidden ability that will not be shown untill death on top of a potential normal ability.

3. This game uses money in the currency of hearts. This can be used to buy things at the shop, and earned through unlocking achievements. You will start out with 500 hearts, and can also earn 50 each phase by posting.

4. There is a shop. Every night a select group of people will be selected to be allowed to enter the shop and buy or sell stuff. The selection is done in such a way that after a select amount of phases everyone will have visited the shop as much as everyone else. The items on sale there will be mostly randomised. The items you buy here will be in your inventory untill you decide to use them.

5. In this shop you'll be able to find weapons. These weapons can be used to attack someone at night. These weapons will break after a select amount attacks, but this is all in their shop description. You can't use items alongside weapons unless stated otherwise. Every player has 5 HP, which will be depleted accordingly after you're attacked. If your HP runs out you will die as if you were nightkilled. Also if two people attack the same person with a weapon, or the person attacked attacks someone else there is a chance that rather than your intended target you end up hitting someone else.

6. So basically: hidden abilities, money, achievements, shop, items / weapons, HP.

7. To prove that you have read the mechanics make a remark about one of the keywords listed at 6 in your sign-up post, in chronological order. So if the person above you says something about money you'll say something about achievements, if the person above you says something about HP you will say something about hidden abilities, etc.

Rules:
1. Don't talk about specifc achievements. Don't tell anyone that you unlocked them or how you unlocked them, and don't hint at how to unlock them either.

2. No revealing the character your role pm is based on. Aka no nameclaiming. No hinting at who it is either.

3. Don't make screenshots of anything I send to you. This includes your role pm, from which you can't directly copy things either (Paraphrasing is fine though). You are allowed to take screenshots of things other players send to you.

4. No posting after death, communicating with alive players about the game after death, or liking posts in the thread after death.

5. I'd like you to send me game-related stuff like pm's, quicktopics and skype convo's.

6. Updates will be at 19:00 GMT, phases last 24 hours.

7. Please announce namechanges and mention my name when announcing so.

8. Same for when you need a sub.

9. If you're not active I will give you a warning, a monetary fine, or sub you out.

10. I get the right to change everything about the shop as I see fit. If all of you are making too much money I might up the prices. If all of you stay dirt-poor throughout most of the game I might lower the prices. If an item turns out to be more overpowered than I though it would be I might up the price, etc. If you feel screwed over by any of the price changes (say you just bought 5 healing items when the price goes down) just pm me and who knows I might refund you the new difference in price or something.

11. Please bold your votes. Don't joke by bolding thing that look like votes or striking through a vote or anything like that, as that's only confusing.

12. If you have a posting style I feel messes with my ability of hosting the game optimally I have the right to ask you to stop using it. For instance, say you were to post all your posts in a bright yellow colour, that'd make it too hard for me to read what you're saying.

13. Please also keep track of your own money / items yourself. I won't pm you every time you get the 50 hearts for posting during a phase, so you might want to add those to your amount.

14. I may add or modify rules as I see fit.

Players:

1. @Mintaka; - Palutena, soul-eaten killed night 3.
2. @SageGaga; - Arlon the Serene, killed night 6.
3. @Zenax; @Feralize; - Dyntos, killed night 2, revived night 4, then survived 'till the end.
4. @DrumBeats; - Chariot Master, modkilled due to inactivity day 10.
5. @America*; - Medusa, lynched day 2. revived as @Feliciano; night 9, died due hidden ability day 10.
6. @PkmnGreen; - Thanatos, lynched day 1.
7. @Croag; - Hades, snatched by chaos kin ash day 10.
8. @Synthesis; - Gaol, lynched day 6.
9. @TheMissingno.; - Chaos Kin, killed night 8, permadied as Chaos Kin Ash day 10.
10. @Callisto; - dog, killed night 11.
11. @Neon Borealis; - Magnus in Twinbellows' body, survived 'till the end.
12. @Syxx; - god of poverty, killed night 6.
13. @mwto; - Poseidon, killed night 12.
14. @Tris79; - Samus, lynched day 14.
15. @Joltik; - dark pit, killed night 4.
16. @Fresa; - Ol' Chomper, killed night 11.
17. @Baron Dante; - Viridi, killed night 9.
18. @コジロウ; - Space Pirate Captain, survived 'till the end.
19. @FinalArcadia; - Girl, killed night 15.
20. @Smasher 101; - Amazon Pandora, lynched day 8.
21. @GliscorMan; @Hawkeye; - Zeus, killed night 13.
22. @Greece; - Hewdraw, lynched day 16.
23. @Exor; - Aurum Brain, lynched day 3.
24. @Neonsands; - Phosphora, lynched day 15.
25. @Paperhorse; - Cragalanche, lynched day 9.
26. @Soulmaster; - Pit, lynched day 5.
27. @Gotpika; - Pyrrhon, killed night 1.
28. @Buoy; - Twinbellows in Magnus' body, lynched day 13.

Subs:

Last edited:
Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising mafia - sign-ups 12/8

asdfghjkl
In please!

The money system seems interesting, I hope I live long enough to use it.

Maybe I'll achieve something good in this game. In.

Definitely in, the shop mechanic will be very interesting.

I love hidden abilities. In.

I like that hearts are money in KI.

let me join pls

Last edited:

It's an achievement you got me to play this game Mijz, in.

I'll join even though I've never played a KI game.

I'm going to beat @Mijzelffan ; over the head with a weapon for making me read

Last edited:
@America*; I don't think you read through the game mechanics well enough.

@Synthesis; it's pretty essential you read through the game mechanics and rules, so please do so.

Also everyone else don't forget to read the rules either (I already know of one person who initially forgot to read them :p). There is a reason I put the first rule in the first spot, and that is because I know that if I didn't do that I'd probably end up with someone breaking it eventually.

I'll join even though I've never played a KI game.

I'm going to beat @Mijzelffan ; over the head with a weapon for making me read

Technically still not correct :p

Last edited by a moderator:

In.

HP makes crappy printers.

Hidden abilities sound interesting. I can't wait to see how this'll turn out.

In!

eh... might as well.

In.

Getting money is going to be an interesting twist.

All right, have I achieved being able to sign up yet?

...wow was that REALLY the best I could think of

I'm in.

Now watch me blow all my money at the shop on the first phase.

Hope I don't lose my HP fast.
I'm in.

Last edited:

The Money should be fun~

In~
@Mijzelffan; is that right?

Last edited:

@Tris79; you might want to re-read the mechanics and rules.

@Joltik; it's kinda hard to see wether you've read the mechanics or not due to Tris' mess-up, so if you haven't: do so. If you have, sorry to bother you.

weapons! in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom