• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kingdom Hearts III News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler53841

Reaction score

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNnd-YAKjCU

Though it is subtitled only as it is part of the upcoming Tokyo Game show, I am very happy that they were able to confirm more details for Big Hero 6 after all this time. At least it confirms more of whats to come and that Big Hero 6 and further confirms it involvement after that minor bit was released years ago.

Between this and Mega Man 11's demo, things sure are keeping me busy.

The animation is incredible. Its very textured, and it flows so fluidly. Its like watching the movies!

Ah, it's so good to finally see something from Big Hero 6 after that one piece of concept art we got, what, 3 years ago? Even if it is only 20 seconds that don't really tell us anything. One interesting thing I've noticed is that we didn't actually see any sign of Heartless Baymax. Everything that attacked the characters was just a big blob of cubes.
upload_2018-9-11_14-8-47.png

The rest of it is pretty minor stuff that we've seen before or that don't really tell us anything new. I gotta say though, really lovin' Aquanort's outfit.
upload_2018-9-11_14-14-38.png
I mean, yeah, it breaks my heart, but that tattered look she's got along with her darkened arms and legs make for a cool look.

The animation is incredible. Its very textured, and it flows so fluidly. Its like watching the movies!
If you really wanna see insanely textured animation that looks just like the movie then you'll wanna check out the trailer for the Pirates of the Caribbean world. You're not wrong though, the visual quality we've been seeing for this game is insane.

Eventually I want to know who Master Xehanort's new voice actor will be, because aside from the late Leonard Nimoy, Chikao Ōtsuka the Japanese voice actor also passed away.

New Kingdom Hearts III Trailer (Sep. 18 updated version)
IMPORTANT UPDATE:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=222&v=LNzxgjIRXWk

Another Tokyo Game show trailer came out with more footage (including confirming Davy Jones and the Kraken are in this game) and other characters as well. Now with all these characters appear, this will definitely be a very large game with so many characters returning other than just the new characters.

Also the Box cover art has been revealed. See this link: Kingdom Hearts III Shows 'Long Version' of Tokyo Game Show Trailer

Pretty much this cover art has all the main characters: Sora, Kairi, Riku, Namine, Roxas, Xion, Lea/Axel, Donald, Goofy, Mickey, Terra, Aqua, and Ventus.

Last edited:
Man, I don't even know what's going on anymore. Demyx is back (my baby) but he's in a coat, does that mean he's a 'Nort now? Also Even/Vexen's got the golden eyes and the coat. And then Riku/Repliku's got the golden eyes. I just... Who is even in the 13 anymore? Also it looks like we are actually rescuing Aqua and Ven, which heals my broken heart a little. And Roxas! My precious cinnamon roll! He's back!
I swear to god if this child has been 'Norted...
Speaking of the 'Nort
upload_2018-9-19_11-54-49.png

Lookit 'dem HD wrinkles

I'd also like to point out:
upload_2018-9-19_11-51-9.png
These are fucking Bug Blox! Why the fuck are these things here!?

This entire Game is going to be the most confusing KH game ever based on what we keep getting through the Trailers.. who is actually a part of the 13 darknesses and the 7 Lights besides those we already know? and that has too be the Riku from KH1 when he has Xenhort's Heartless inside him.. this is sounding more like a game of chess with random aces coming into play..
Sora
Mickey
Riku?
Kiari?
Aqua?
Ven?
Roxas?
Axel? : psyduck:
this is Just becoming a mess now.. and the 13 darkness' is even more of a mess..

This entire Game is going to be the most confusing KH game ever based on what we keep getting through the Trailers.. who is actually a part of the 13 darknesses and the 7 Lights besides those we already know? and that has too be the Riku from KH1 when he has Xenhort's Heartless inside him.. this is sounding more like a game of chess with random aces coming into play..
Sora
Mickey
Riku?
Kiari?
Aqua?
Ven?
Roxas?
this is Just becoming a mess now.. and the 13 darkness' is even more of a mess..

I agree, I will be really needing to do a lot of work when this game comes out just to understand things. Right now other wikis I help out with I am not adding anything new because of it. I'd be nice if Square Enix releases a demo (similar to what Capcom is currently doing with Mega Man 11) just to show how things are different in terms of control compared to 0.2.

Also that other Riku right now is also speculated to be Riku Replica or Data-Riku. It doesn't matter who it will be in the end as each version already played their part in the series.

I'd be nice if Square Enix releases a demo (similar to what Capcom is currently doing with Mega Man 11) just to show how things are different in terms of control compared to 0.2.
They actually have made a demo, it's just not available to the public. It only shows up at certain events. I've heard it's actually pretty tight. So far the demo's got pretty much the entire Toy Story world, along with the Rock Titan fight in Olympus, but apparently it's been expanded to TGS.
It's also not gonna be very different from 0.2 at all, given that 0.2 was pretty much just the KHIII tech demo.

They actually have made a demo, it's just not available to the public. It only shows up at certain events. I've heard it's actually pretty tight. So far the demo's got pretty much the entire Toy Story world, along with the Rock Titan fight in Olympus, but apparently it's been expanded to TGS.
It's also not gonna be very different from 0.2 at all, given that 0.2 was pretty much just the KHIII tech demo.

All 0.2 has is just the bare minimum on what KHIII will have (KHII gameplay mixed in with a few Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance elements), but if they will eventually will produce a free demo for public use I will definitely play it and analyze the game play elements like I did with Mega Man 11's demo

Right now I am planning for a major playthrough of past KH titles for trophy collecting on the PS3/PS4 releases, along with some DS gameplay for 358/2 Days (which I am currently focused on) and Re:Coded.

Sora
Mickey
Riku?
Kiari?
Aqua?
Ven?
Roxas?
As long as they provide you the stories like in Dream Drop Distance to catch up: I remembered when I started the series in 358/2 Days, it took me a long time to catch up.

The real organization 13 sounds like KH's Rainbow Rocket. Time travel is very upsetting though. It basically allows the developers due to do whatever they want with the story. The next arc better not focus Xehanort again. Speaking of which, I hope Kairi gets to be playable soon. She now has a keyblade so there's no excuse.

Kind of annoyed of how much Olympus Coliseum get put into the game, the only game without it is Dream Drop Distance. Why is it so popular?

Also, why does Oraganization 13 look for a new set of princesses while Maleficent found 7 for them? Are they dead or something?

Kind of wish Riku got close with Elsa and not Sora, just because Riku would have had an easier time sympathizing with Elsa.

I know it sounds like a rant, but I am looking forward to these games. I really hope Normua does port this to Switch. It does support Unreal Engine, so I don't think its preposterous.

Tetsuya Nomura: Kingdom Hearts Will Not End with Kingdom Hearts III

Contains data on conformation for new Secret Movie, possible unlock method by DLC, and possibility of using online features. They also confirm several characters ages.

Here is a video from their presentation which contain footage of several things including some new footage.

WARNING: This video will contain some Spoilers regarding a certain Boss Fight, so please do not watch if you do not wish to be spoiled. You have been warned.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1959&v=tORuUe1oIUQ

This should be the last of the recent information that has been revealed.

Ok, so I haven't watched the video, honestly I'll probably wait for The Gamer's Joint to sum things up, because it was supposed to be a reasonably long panel and I'd honestly prefer to just have things summed up for me rather than watch the whole thing. I will say a few things though.
We've known KHIII won't be the end for a while now. Like, at least the start of the year.
Nomura has expressed interest in using online capabilities before, so nothing too surprising there. I'm hoping for something like an online version of the Mirage Arena from BBS.
The DLC thing is somewhat surprising. Since Nomura has said that he didn't want to lock story content behind a paywall. I mean, it could just be a free DLC later down the line, who really knows at this point? Well Nomura probably does but that's beside the point.

Ok, so I haven't watched the video, honestly I'll probably wait for The Gamer's Joint to sum things up, because it was supposed to be a reasonably long panel and I'd honestly prefer to just have things summed up for me rather than watch the whole thing. I will say a few things though.
We've known KHIII won't be the end for a while now. Like, at least the start of the year.
Nomura has expressed interest in using online capabilities before, so nothing too surprising there. I'm hoping for something like an online version of the Mirage Arena from BBS.
The DLC thing is somewhat surprising. Since Nomura has said that he didn't want to lock story content behind a paywall. I mean, it could just be a free DLC later down the line, who really knows at this point? Well Nomura probably does but that's beside the point.

The spoilers are around 32:20 of the video, also I know Youtube accounts such as Skyward Wings are reported but due of avoiding stating this spoiler I will not post a video for it.

The spoilers don't really bother me that much, since it's something Square wants us to know anyway. It's more just the absurd length of the video. It's just easier to watch the main points condensed into maybe 10-15 minutes than an hour and a half of panel.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YSPmzVqfpQ

This XBox Trailer confirms that Winnie the Pooh and the Hundred Acre Woods are returning (no surprise here considering the previous main titles) and other new footage.

I would love to see how the Terra-Xehanort vs. Lingering Will battle will play out when the game releases next year.

Okay, sorry about that, but having a new properly named thread will work. Since I now know about thread merging and keep all this in one thread is the way to go.

Something new I would like to note is this video has a sample of Master Xehanort's new voice actor. Still hope they announce it soon.

Last edited:
I wish people would accept that the worlds in Kingdom Hearts don't always behave as their canon selves.

I am pleased to announce that the game development for Kingdom Hearts III has been confirmed to have been completed. Here is the source: Kingdom Hearts III Game Wraps Development

Also here is a new video that was also released:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-fmsw5m0Ag

Back when the Winnie the Pooh trailer came out I have heard there would be more videos before this game is released so don't expect this to be the final video, but at least this confirms what I had anticipated prior to the Pooh reveal (though I did hear about the Pooh information leak before the official reveal) that all the main worlds (outside of the final world) have been revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom