• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kingdom Hearts Series Thread

Juliyet

Formerly "Sheeer" | pfp by KTG | Sig art by Okido
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Genuinely shocked this didn't have a dedicated thread here already (trust me, I searched extensively) , and I believe it gets talked enough here to garner a bit of discussion, so uhhhh better late than never

So... Kingdom Hearts. Use this thread to discuss your favorite games, characters, worlds, stuff you wanna see in KH4 etc.

My favorite game in the series is probably KH2. Just has super refined gameplay and the world selection is near perfect. The 3 hour tutorial isn't fun to revisit, but otherwise the game's a blast

Anyway excited about KH4. Really interested to see what direction they go with it.

In terms of future worlds I wanna see in the series, I'd say my top 3 are Coco, Zootopia, and Star Wars. There's so much you could do with each. I know the idea of SW is controversial in the fanbase, but I think it could fit pretty well thematically and aesthetically.

Last edited:
i need to replay the KH series in general bc i think i've fallen off it a bit, i think.

i do recall KH1 at least, because i've played that semi-recently, so no need to go through that, again. but everything after that... eh. not exactly sure of the "proper order" of games before going to KH2.

• Staff
i need to replay the KH series in general bc i think i've fallen off it a bit, i think.

i do recall KH1 at least, because i've played that semi-recently, so no need to go through that, again. but everything after that... eh. not exactly sure of the "proper order" of games before going to KH2.
Honestly I'd say the best order is just the release order.

1.5 + 2.5 HD REmix as well as 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (which you can easily get bundled all together with the Story So Far Bundle on PS4 for a usually pretty good price) has basically everything you need before KH3 in basically suitable order (Although 358/2 Days is listed before KH2 despite releasing later so it's probably best to experience that after KH2 for story reasons) though a couple of the non numbered games instead just have movies retelling their plot.

And then after all that, you'd have KH3 and it's dlc, and Melody of Memory (you could probably just watch the cutscenes or a recap). With the mobile game Missing Link coming next year and KH4 tbd

Hopefully this didn't come off as too overwhelming lol.

Honestly I'd say the best order is just the release order.

1.5 + 2.5 HD REmix as well as 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (which you can easily get bundled all together with the Story So Far Bundle on PS4 for a usually pretty good price) has basically everything you need before KH3 in basically suitable order (Although 358/2 Days is listed before KH2 despite releasing later so it's probably best to experience that after KH2 for story reasons) though a couple of the non numbered games instead just have movies retelling their plot.

And then after all that, you'd have KH3 and it's dlc, and Melody of Memory (you could probably just watch the cutscenes or a recap). With the mobile game Missing Link coming next year and KH4 tbd

Hopefully this didn't come off as too overwhelming lol.

nah it didn't! one question though: unless i missed it somewhere in your post, where does KH3DS fall?

• Staff
nah it didn't! one question though: unless i missed it somewhere in your post, where does KH3DS fall?
Dream Drop Distance? A remaster of it is included in 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue so that's covered too

Though if you mean general order play that and 2.8 I'm general after 1.5 + 2.5

Last edited:
was watching these vids, for anyone who has ~40 mins or so to kill:

forewarning that spoilers will be present (of course, because they're tl;dr summarizations of the games), but otherwise presented in a humourous way and the videos do a good job with that, imo! but also... KH is also kinda complicated and some of it doesn't make sense, apparently. D:

I mean, I do feel like a lot of people tend to make it sound worse than it is. So long as you're paying attention and thinking about what's being said and how it can tie into the rest of what's been established I feel like it's easier to get through than a lot of people tend to make it sound. Some of it can get kinda silly, and retcons do abound, but I feel like they're usually done in ways that can at least slot in and work, even if you're not necessarily happy about the change.

It was my cousin that got me involved in this franchise back in 2005, around when I was watching the Advance Generation of the anime. But I only really got hooked on it when Kingdom Hearts II came out in 2006. The release of Birth by Sleep in 2010 opened a can of worms on the immorality of Cinderella's stepfamily (they were brutally killed -or turned into Heartless- in this timeline).

As of this post, I'm replaying KHFM on the PS4. There's a trick for early level-grinding if anyone's having trouble. In Agrabah, the Palace Entrance occasionally spawns 12 pots, with 11 of them being real and 1 being the Pot Scorpion in disguise. Breaking all 11 pots can net 155 XP (at a time where Heartless drop a paltry 2-20 XP), and the easiest way to tell which of these pots is the scorpion is that its disguised form cannot be moved. A nearby room (directly across from the lower-ground pole leading to Aladdin's House) also has a chance of spawning four Black Fungus; defeating them nets 96 XP each for a total of 384 XP.

With the "Pots and Mushrooms" strategy and some patience, one can obtain 539 XP per cycle, and bring Sora to around Level 40 in a few hours (especially if you've completed the Phil Cup in Olympus Coliseum and gotten the Gravity spell, which can cripple the Black Fungus).

Back
Top Bottom