• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Really, really excited for this one. I preordered it last week when I went to go pick up Triangle Strategy. Haven't played the demo (I don't typically play demos) but I've seen positive things nearly all around. It'll be the last game I buy for a while, I think, but I'm sure I'll get my money's worth.

I am looking forward to this. Haven't gotten around to the demo yet because I haven't even had a lot of time to play Pokemon Legends Arceus and am still pretty early on in it.

Yes yes! I am so excited. Missed out on the last few Kirby games cause I had too much to go through but I really don't want to miss out on this one. Excited to play one again, after being very addicted as a teen. <3 Have the demo downloaded so my husband and I can try co-op, hopefully next week lol.

The demo is fun. Very much looking forward to this game.

Picked this one up on Friday! I've only gone through a bit of it so far, but from what I've played, it's awesome. The only complaint I have is the lack of player choice in selecting a 2p character. Having the second player only play as Bandana Waddle Dee kinda makes the co-op mode feel like it's "the first player and their sidekick" rather than a fully two-player experience. Aside from that, the game is great; I'm just trying to finish Triangle Strategy before I get into the meat of it.

I beat the third boss today. The game was pretty easy until now (even on hard mode) but this boss was legitimately challenging. I have also freed all Waddle Dees in the first two areas and I've freed almost all of them in the third area (I just need to clear the no damage challenge in the boss level, which is hard...).

Overall, the game is much bigger than I expected it to be. I know there are 6 main areas in the game and after a couple of days of playing I'm only halfway. Well, it's probably taking a bit longer because I'm doing a 100% run, but still.

I really love some of the power-ups. My favorites are the sword and the hammer. I also really like that you can upgrade the power-ups.

I beat the game last night. All around, I think Kirby and The Forgotten Land was a very fun game. I think Kirby's transition into a 3D platformer was very well done. It didn't really get a bit more tricky until the 2nd half of the game, but even then it wasn't that tough. I really enjoyed playing through the game.

My copy arrived on Monday. The new abilities and new levels are most fun.

I have to say that some of the level's secret area's (where you have to solve a puzzle to get a Waddle Dee) reminded me a lot of Super Smash Bros. Brawl's Subspace Emissary. It's probably a complete coincidence since Masahiro Sakurai wasn't involved with this game but it gave me some weird nostalgia nonetheless.

Also, I can't be the only one who got massive Super Mario Sunshine vibes from that one theme park level where Kirby's water balloon copy ability is first introduced and you have to spray a lot of water. Pinna Park flashbacks intensify

I have to say that some of the level's secret area's (where you have to solve a puzzle to get a Waddle Dee) reminded me a lot of Super Smash Bros. Brawl's Subspace Emissary. It's probably a complete coincidence since Masahiro Sakurai wasn't involved with this game but it gave me some weird nostalgia nonetheless.

Also, I can't be the only one who got massive Super Mario Sunshine vibes from that one theme park level where Kirby's water balloon copy ability is first introduced and you have to spray a lot of water. Pinna Park flashbacks intensify
I actually just did that tonight, and the texture of the mud stuff reminded me of the 30 minutes of SMS I played one night

I beat the game yesterday and whew, the final boss was pretty hard, even with a second HP bar. I barely made it but I did it anyway! But I have to say, what a satisfying end to an amazing game. And I know there is still a lot of post-game content left so I better get to that.

My favorite Copy Ability is definitely the Meta Knight Sword. It's kinda OP but oh so useful against bosses and hordes of enemies. It's funny because I had to beat the Meta Knight Cup at the Colosseum to get that Ability and the first time I did I thought it was pretty hard and I beat it in 8+ minutes. Now I have the Meta Knight Sword ability and I easily beat the Meta Knight Cup in just under 3 minutes. Even Meta Knight himself isn't that hard to beat anymore.

I have gotten the demo, and played through it more times than I can count, but I don't know if I should buy the full game. Anyone who has played it, is it something you would reccomend?

Absolutely, it's a very fun and addictive game. It starts out very easy but it becomes more and more challenging later on. Not to mention it also gets darker near the end, but from what I've heard that's not uncommon for Kirby games. The levels are all fairly unique and even though every level has the same setup and things to do, the game never felt repetitive to me and I was always excited to play the next level and see what it had in store. Without spoiling anything, there is also a lot of post-game content and there is a ton of stuff to do and collect in the game overall (mini-games, collectables, side-challenges, power-ups, etc.).

This was the first Kirby game I've ever played so I'm not sure how it holds up against other Kirby games, but as a standalone Nintendo platformer, it's excellent.

I decided to finally take on the absolute last challenge of the game and I managed to beat the final, final, final boss (seriously, without spoiling anything, there's like 3 final bosses in the game). And man, this fight was hard. It made the game's initial final boss look like a walk in the park. But it's definitely doable with the game's strongest Copy Ability, which is decidedely OP as hell.

I still haven't gotten to 100% yet, there's a couple of minor sidequests I need to finish up... but honestly, I wouldn't exaggerate if I said that this has become one of my new favorite games, definitely in the last 10 years at least. It's not perfect and I do have a few gripes here and there, but overall I had a ton of fun playing it.

Beat it 100% several days ago myself.
Everything about ID-F86 lived up to my expectations from Kirby. Especially "And here we are."
Also screw tilt 'n tumble stage 3, that is all. Also tip for hundo when it comes to the figurines:
There's a pity mechanic, if you get two dupes in a row the next is guaranteed new if possible. This works no matter where you're drawing, so you can pull twice on the cheapest machine then go to the most expensive one

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom