• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Announcing the National Bulbagraphic photography contest, open to entries from New Pokémon Snap and Sword and Shield, with prizes for the winners! A thread with all the details on how to enter can be found here.

Kung Fu Ferret's Pokemon X Nuzlocke!

The Rightful Heir
Reaction score
I've decided to blog my newest Nuzlocke run!

Rules:
One Pokemon per area. This is usually the first encounter, unless it's a dupe (Riolu counts as a dupe because you are literally GIVEN a Lucario later on) or a static encounter (like the Lv 3 Pidgey you always encounter first on Route 2). Gift Pokemon may or may not count (up to me)
Pokemon that faint are dead.
My Kalos/Kanto Starters will be decided by virtual 6-sided dice. One for Kalos, one for Kanto. 1 and 2 for Grass. 3 and 4 for Fire. 5 and 6 for Water.
My first die roll was 6, so my Kalos starter will be Froakie! My second die roll was 4, so my Kanto starter will be Charmander!
All Pokemon must be nicknamed.
Nicknames will be themed around deities/heroes/monsters/etc from world mythology!
If I come across a SHINY, I will catch it and bank it. It will not be used in the Nuzlocke!
Same goes for the mandatory Xerneas encounter! Banked and not used!

Logs starting NEXT Post!

The Rightful Heir
Reaction score
Named my Froakie "Loki!"
Badges: 1
Deaths: 0
Team: Loki (Frogadier), Terra (Bunnelby), Zeus (Pikachu), Amaterasu (Fletchling), Anhur (Litleo), Persephone (Budew)
PC reserves: At the moment, nobody

The Rightful Heir
Reaction score
Deaths: Loki (Frogadier), King Arthur (Honedge) Zeus (Pikachu) Aphrodite (Flabebe), Khepri (Venipede)
Team: Fafnir (Charmeleon), Scylla (Inkay), Baron Samedi (Cubone), Tyr (Tyrunt), Persephone (Budew), Hera (Snubbull)
PC: Amaterasu (Fletchling), Bacchus (Gulpin), Set (Sandile), Anhur (Litleo), Terra (Bunnelby), Xing Tian (Axew)

EDIT: And I lost to Grant. GAME OVER

Last edited:
The Rightful Heir
Reaction score
Rolled two dice again. First die gave me Chespin, and the second, Charmander. This post may be updated over the next few hours

The Rightful Heir
Reaction score
Deaths: zilch
Team: Guan Yu (Quilladin), Hun Batz (Panpour), Persephone (Flabébé), Loki (Inkay), Geb (Bunnelby), Kukulkan (Charmeleon)
PC: Sol (Fletchling), Cernunnos (Skiddo), Bastet (Litleo), Hera (Vespiquen), Rama (Meditite), Merlin (Espurr)

I also caught a shiny Bidoof yesterday but I banked it because I don't plan on using shiny thing this run

The Rightful Heir
Reaction score
Badges: 2
Deaths: still none
Team: Guan Yu (Chesnaught), Kukulkan (Charmeleon) Hun Batz (Panpour), Ah Puch (Cubone), Loki (Inkay) Ymir (Amaura)
PC: Sol (Fletchling) Cernunnos (Skiddo) Bastet (Litleo) Hera (Vespiquen), Rama (Meditite) Merlin (Espurr) Geb (Bunnelby) Set (Hippopotas) Persephone (Flabébé) Bellona (Binacle), Cerberus (Houndour), Baron Samedi (Stunky) Cupid (Woobat), Zeus (Mareep)

Last edited:
The Rightful Heir
Reaction score
Just got the 4th badge. Nobody died yet.
Team: (Guan Yu) Chesnaught, Kukulkan (Charizard), Scylla (Tentacool), Ah Puch (Marowak), Persephone (Floette), Merlin (Meowstic)
PC: Sol (Fletchling) Cernunnos (Skiddo) Bastet (Litleo) Hera (Vespiquen) Rama (Meditite) Bellona (Binacle) Geb (Bunnelby) Baron Samedi (Stunky) Zeus (Flaaffy) Ymir (Amaura) Cerberus (Houndour) Loki (Inkay) Cupid (Woobat) Anubis (Lucario) Set (Hippopotas) Hun Batz (Simipour) Fafnir (Gible)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He / Him
Liking the SMITE naming theme. Who get's Olorun in the future I wonder, if any.

I don't remember if X is easy or hard as I barely played it, but four gyms with no deaths is good.