• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kung Fu Ferret's SMITE Speculation blog

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Who will be arriving after Merlin, Jormungandr, Horus, and Set? For this particular post I'd predict one or two gods each current pantheon, along with some ideas from pantheons currently without representation.

Arthurian: Green Knight?
Celtic: Lugh, or The Dagda
Chinese: Fu Xi, or Zhu Bajie
Egyptian: Sekhmet
Greek: Persephone, or Typhon
Hindu: Shiva
Japanese: Tsukuyomi, or Orochi
Mayan: Hunahpu, or Kinich Ahau
Norse: Heimdall, or Njord
Polynesian: Maui
Roman: Ceres, or Vesta
Slavic: Belobog, or Baba Yaga
Voodoo: Aido Wedo, or Madam Brigitte

Possible new pantheons:
Yoruba: Shango, Olorun, Ogun,
Incan: Inti
Mesopotamian: Gilgamesh, Ishtar, Tiamat, Enkidu
Lovecraftian: Cthulhu, Nyarlathotep, Dagon
Inuit: Sedna
American: Pecos Bill, John Henry, Uncle Sam

Season 7 (2020) gave us five gods. Mulan, Baba Yaga, Cthulhu, Tsukuyomi, and Danzaburou.
The Babylonian Pantheon is coming early on in Season 8, starting with Tiamat. Five other gods will be released in season 8, but we won't know who until they're either data mind, or teased at in the season 8 preview trailer.

One of the developers, I can't remember who, has debunked the rumor that the next God, after Tiamat, would be from the Hindu pantheon.

I think one of the five currently unconfirmed gods to come this year will also be Babylonian. Probably Gilgamesh and/or Ishtar.
Stay tuned for my other predictions!

EDIT: Gilgamesh confirmed!

Last edited:
Season 8 will start off with Tiamat, then Gilgamesh.

Sobek will be getting a much-needed visual update this year, and so will another unspecified god (probably Cupid, but I kinda hope it's Fenrir)
Morgan Le Fay (Arthurian) was likely hinted at, as were Charybdis, Cliodhna, and *probably* Atlas. (But it *might* be Nut instead of Atlas, we'll find out eventually)

I don't think they have any surprises in store that they haven't teased. But if they do, I really hope Maui is added this year at some point

My thoughts on season 9
Shiva looks like he's going to be interesting.
Yu Huang/Jade Emperor was confirmed but not name dropped
Seems Lancelot was datamined?
The fourth god of the year was difficult to pinpoint, maybe Jumong from Korean mythology?
Second to last, but far from the least. I think we're getting Maui!
Last god of the year will likely be Maman Brigitte. So Baron Samedi is finally getting his wife added to the game!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom