• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

kyou region base stats & stuff help

Lot the pikachu

Well-Known Member (pika, pika!)
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
cause i'm not sure i can do the stats & stuff on my own... i need help!~ o_O

the stuff part of it, is, basically, Exp. Yield, Leveling rate, Habitat, lv up moves, tms/hms, breeding moves, tutor moves

i'll start with the starters :>

001___kupup____grass_starter__by_akarifan25_dcqtlmm-fullview.jpg

001 - kupup grass starter

dco6ceq-b0dabad0-e197-4a81-9fbb-09097ffbd096.jpg

002 - amaranpy

003___holipooch_by_akarifan25_dco6cgo-fullview.jpg

003 - holipooch

de7ege6-8898f87c-c4e6-4310-86bd-8ac276342a4e.png

004 - dalila fire type starter

de7irz3-19c96757-09a1-49ac-b4eb-d26e6ae4a92a.png

005: kohana

006__fygrr_by_akarifan25_da471qd-fullview.jpg

006: Fygrr

007___kitream___water_starter__by_akarifan25_dcqtlnw-fullview.jpg

007 - Kitream water starter

dcqk21y-1dfeb358-3110-4f25-875c-a0a8783fe785.png

008 - Chincreek

009___oceattus__water_starter__by_akarifan25_dcqtlot-fullview.jpg

009 - Oceattus

does anyone want to help? just asking :>

For base stats, I'd recommend selecting existing Pokemon who you think your starter would be similar in stat totals to and making small changes to the number. I.e., for the starter lines, pick out a canon starter you think is kinda similar in stat spread (doesn't necessarily have to be the same type, but I think starters are best to use since the same role) to what you're going for, then make some minor tweaks to get the numbers closer to what you'd like. If you can give me a breakdown of what each of their stat spreads (special or physical, defensive or offensive) kinda like, I'd be glad to help you with this when I have a bit of time.

For movesets you could do something similar, picking out a canon Pokemon (not necessarily the one used for base stats, but I'd still recommend using something that fills a similar role in the games to the pokemon you're designing a movepool for) and switching some moves with similar-strength moves and tweaking some level numbers. Again, I can help you with this later.

For TM and tutor moves, I'm not really sure. You're going to need a full list of TMs and tutor to start selecting those from I'd think, and I'm not sure if your using an existing list for your region or a new one since its always different. For egg moves you'd probably need to select egg groups so you know what Pokemon they can inherit from I think, if you take a look at the pages for each egg groups on Bulbapedia, there's a description of what Pokemon usually go into each one, I'd go based on which 1-2 descriptions each mon fits best. Exp yield and level rate I'd take a look at some pokemon that fill similar roles in the games and kinda just go with what's most common among them. For habitat, you don't find starters in the wild, but for others, do you have a map of your region? I believe habitat in the games is just marked locations on the map, so mostly probably just pick the places you think generally make sense for the Pokemon to live, and probably select a larger number of places for more common pokemon and less for rarer pokemon.

Last edited:
For base stats, I'd recommend selecting existing Pokemon who you think your starter would be similar in stat totals to and making small changes to the number. I.e., for the starter lines, pick out a canon starter you think is kinda similar in stat spread (doesn't necessarily have to be the same type, but I think starters are best to use since the same role) to what you're going for, then make some minor tweaks to get the numbers closer to what you'd like. If you can give me a breakdown of what each of their stat spreads (special or physical, defensive or offensive) kinda like, I'd be glad to help you with this when I have a bit of time.

For movesets you could do something similar, picking out a canon Pokemon (not necessarily the one used for base stats, but I'd still recommend using something that fills a similar role in the games to the pokemon you're designing a movepool for) and switching some moves with similar-strength moves and tweaking some level numbers. Again, I can help you with this later.

For TM and tutor moves, I'm not really sure. You're going to need a full list of TMs and tutor to start selecting those from I'd think, and I'm not sure if your using an existing list for your region or a new one since its always different. For egg moves you'd probably need to select egg groups so you know what Pokemon they can inherit from I think, if you take a look at the pages for each egg groups on Bulbapedia, there's a description of what Pokemon usually go into each one, I'd go based on which 1-2 descriptions each mon fits best. Exp yield and level rate I'd take a look at some pokemon that fill similar roles in the games and kinda just go with what's most common among them. For habitat, you don't find starters in the wild, but for others, do you have a map of your region? I believe habitat in the games is just marked locations on the map, so mostly probably just pick the places you think generally make sense for the Pokemon to live, and probably select a larger number of places for more common pokemon and less for rarer pokemon.

i'm not really too sure of what they are, yet, sp, physical, def or offensive....

i don't have a map, yet :0 i could use a region map maker, or something though :> my fav region is the johto region, by the way ^^

i'll have a look at moves a bit later, i think :>
& i'm not sure about their levels yet... but yes, i'd love for you to help me with that later ^^

Last edited:
i'm not really too sure of what they are, yet, sp, physical, def or offensive....

i don't have a map, yet :0 i could use a region map maker, or something though :>

i'll have a look at moves a bit later, i think :>
& i'm not sure about their levels yet... but yes, i'd love for you to help me with that later ^^
Okay, so I can't really do a ton for you on the moves front without the same kinda starting point I asked for for the base stats, because if the movepool doesn't match the stat spread well the Pokemon becomes nigh unusable (this is part of why I mentioned not necessarily the same base pokemon when modifying movepools and stats, because not all Pokemon have viable movepools for their stats), which I assume is something you don't want. Since their your Pokemon, I assume you know them better than me, so I think your going your have a bit of a better sense of their general skills in battle... Let me know when you've got an idea of where their stats lean, and I'll be happy to help you figure out their movepools. :)

A region map maker might work depending on which one you use, I'm not really familiar with how they work but it could definitely at least give you a something of baseline that could potentially be modifiex later as necessary.

Okay, so I can't really do a ton for you on the moves front without the same kinda starting point I asked for for the base stats, because if the movepool doesn't match the stat spread well the Pokemon becomes nigh unusable (this is part of why I mentioned not necessarily the same base pokemon when modifying movepools and stats, because not all Pokemon have viable movepools for their stats), which I assume is something you don't want. Since their your Pokemon, I assume you know them better than me, so I think your going your have a bit of a better sense of their general skills in battle... Let me know when you've got an idea of where their stats lean, and I'll be happy to help you figure out their movepools. :)
you know... i was thinking that ''maybe'' the 2 main leganderys should be done first, so that they're done :>

097__101____adherra__legandery_pokemon__by_akarifan25_davzdyn-fullview.jpg

adherra grass/fairy

098__102____drachaos_by_akarifan25_dd2tnhw-fullview.jpg

Drachaos dragon/dark

but i still gotta figure out the stuff for even them, like you said in the quote above :>

Back
Top Bottom