• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kyurem in the Third Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelus

Shiny?
Reaction score
Black: It generates a powerful, freezing energy inside itself, but its body became frozen when the energy leaked out.
White: It can produce ultracold air. Its body is frozen.

Self explanatory - a thread dedicated to the most obvious contender for mascot of the third game in the Unova series, the gelid terror that fell from the heavens... the Boundary Pokemon, Kyurem.

Now, it is customary for the mascot of each 'third' game to have an even more prominent role in the game's story than that of the other two who came before. Pikachu's role in Yellow version is a good example, as is the hunt for Suicune and your encounters with Eusine in Pokemon Crystal. In Emerald, Rayquaza is summoned in a nice little cut scene after a trip to the Sky Pillar to quell the seismic rage of Groudon and Kyogre, and in Platinum, Giratina rips a hole between its dimension and the 'real world', sending the player into the Distortion World for a final confrontation with that sad autistic guy who can't seem to understand why everyone's smiling all the time.

So what about Kyurem? What role will it play? We talk often of Pokemon Grey, and rightly so; any other name for the third game would seem misplaced. Grey is a blend of black and white, and seems to suggest a kind of balance. But with Kyurem, and Ice type, it may instead refer to absence - the absence of energy, for example, in contrast to Reshiram and Zekrom's fire and electric types, respectively. This is also suggested by Kyurem's role as the representation of the Taoist concept of 'wuji', which is an absence of yin and yang.

But this post is getting a tad long-winded. We will discuss this further in the thread. I know this information is available in many places around the web - I'm just assembling it here to encourage conversation.

Let's do this.

Last edited:
Re: Kyurem and the Third Version

About the name of the third game, I always thought "Chrome" would be a neat name for it. Grey/Gray, to me, sounds kind of boring and little too predictable when you think off the names for the others. Again, that's just me.

Its a Kyurem Thread, discussions and what-not

Maybe N would take control of both Reshiram and Zekrom and you'd have to stop him with Kyurem. I guess you could say ideas and truth have no boundaries except when facing Kyurem.

^^ i see what you did there!

and i approve of it
both of the idea and of the joke XD

we've heard several times that zekrom and reshiram used to be only one pokemon, right? well, maybe Kyurem is sort of like a shedinja: when this original pokemon split, it left behind Kyurem as a forgotten shell?

that would kind of explain its relation to the other two.

Kyurem is the Boundary pokemon. What exactly might that mean?

^^ it freezes up its ''nest'' when you arrive...

it DOES NOT like it when you cross boundaries

and that Theory is quite old, but its totally the right one XD

You know, I've always imagined the "Original" dragon as being far too powerful for a regular Pokemon, kinda like the Crimson Dragon in Yugioh for anybody that knows about that. Too powerful for regular gameplay, mostly just a plot object, ya know? So, I don't think Kyurem will be able to become its super powerful original form in Gray.

But, I do have an idea. You know how Kyurem has those Ice moves that he can't learn in B/W? One representing Reshiram & Zekrom. Well, I figure that he will have 2 forms. One will know the Fire move & one knowing the Electric one. Now, I believe that one form could be a combination of Kyurem & Reshiram, and the other could be Kyurem & Zekrom. When he changes forms, he will learn the repective signature move, and lose it if he changes back to normal form. Imo this is somewhat supported by the names of Resh & Zek's signature moves because they have Fusion in them.

I think that would be pretty awesome, myself. Opinions?

All discussion in this thread has happened in the third version thread. Continue there please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom