• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

'Kyurem VS the Sacred Swordsman: Keldeo' review: Pikachu the Movie 15th

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
'Kyurem VS the Sacred Swordsman: Keldeo' review: Pikachu the Movie 15th

「キュレムVS聖剣士ケルディオ」 Kyurem VS the Sacred Swordsman: Keldeo is the second Best Wishes series movie and the fifteenth Pokémon movie overall. It premiered in Japanese theaters on July 14, 2012.The movie features Kyurem and its two formes and the legendary musketeers: Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion and Keldeo.

Read more on Bulbanews

Stranded
Reaction score
Fascinating, and very well written. I absolutely LOVED IT!

Reaction score
We don't get to see Chekhov's gun until the minutes leading up to Keldeo changing, making its transformation seem like a last-minute addition instead of something that was planned from the start. I know the producers of this movie wanted to promote the new Black 2 / White 2 games, but I really feel like they could have done a better job of incorporating those elements into the story.
Kind of funny since that's how it feels in the game as well. Keldeo's Resolution forme adds nothing in terms of story relevance that its learning Secret Sword didn't already in B/W's Moor of Icirrus event, and definitely didn't add anything game mechanics-wise other than a superficial change. Not even giving it a more suitable ability given its a Special Attacker.

On the plus side, simply hearing that the other main characters do something makes me want to watch this. Well, more of Cilan actually using an established character element to help move the story forward. It's kind of sad to hear we don't really get an explanation for B/W Kyurem, but this review at least made me want to watch this now. Even without the disaster that is the Resolution forme, I was never really excited about this movie.

Load of Belloni
Reaction score
While I can definitely understand the issues with off-model animation and Iris differing so heavily from appearance in the series, it honestly doesn't bother me at all, simply because I think she looks great in these films. The way they draw and animate her hair gives it more 'volume' and it's a lot bouncier and lively as a result, whereas in the series, it looks comparatively flat. I think they do an over all better job of conveying just how huge and crazy the hairstyle is in the films.

It was a great review in any case, and as someone who always whinges about needless cotm human characters eating up 'mon screentime and sidekicks not doing much, it's really got me hyped up to see it. I hope they can continue mixing things up with subsequent movies.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score
Yeah, I really liked how this movie looked in previews...the focus on the Pokemon, all of which I really liked, and the animation looked pretty great as well, so glad to see it's getting positive reviews from Dogasu, whom I mostly agree with.

Reaction score
I liked this review. Keldeo looks cute and interesting in it.

@Dogasu, which are your favourite Pokemon movies? I'm interested to know.