• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Kyurem VS the Sword of Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
The goal has been reached and they will show the preview this Saturday! But I wanna see it now... x(

Embedded...

[video=youtube;UW2y1PNKhkA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UW2y1PNKhkA[/video]

Poor Keldeo couldn't get his magic horn to grow. :'( This movie is so relatable.

Haha the way they say Virizion's name sounds a lot like "Verizon" xD

But in all honesty, Virizion's voice is pretty decent IMO and once again I have a small complaint about the pronunciation. I have been saying it like "Vir-ee-zion" but other than that, it was a good sneak peek and more are welcome! :)

Last edited:
Viryzean? I thought it's pronounced as "Vireezeon"... How wrong was I -___-
Too bad Keldeo couldn't get as horn-y as Virizion was.

Lawl, "Ver-Ri-zioon" eh? I like it. Sounds like Verizon.

I really like the fact that Vic is voicing Keldeo, only other role he had in Pokemon was as Professor Icarus. He really puts some true effort into giving the characters emotion and spark and Virizion's motherly-mentor voice works very well. Honestly, I like how this movie seemingly starts out. I kinda somewhat wish it was an independent movie on its own with no Iris, Ash, or Cilan. I wonder what it would be like since it seems like it's doing something interesting.

I liked seeing this training battle between Keldeo and Virizion. It's very interesting that Keldeo cannot use Sacred Sword at the start of the movie.

The TPCi pronunciations for all of the current Pokemon can be heard in Pokedex 3D. It's worth noting that some pokemon, despite having nearly the exact same names in English and Japanese, will have different pronunciations and syllables stressed due to the lingual differences. The Japanese pronounciation for Virizion is Bi-ri-ji-on."

And for the record, Cobalion and Terrakion's names are pronounced as "Co-BAL-ee-yon" and "Ter-RACK-ee-yon" in English.

No need to worry Keldeo, it's a common problem that affects at least 1 in 3 men at some point in their lives...

On a serious note though...holy hell that voice acting was bad. Also, turns out I've been pronouncing Virizion wrong the entire time.

I really like the fact that Vic is voicing Keldeo, only other role he had in Pokemon was as Professor Icarus. He really puts some true effort into giving the characters emotion and spark and Virizion's motherly-mentor voice works very well. Honestly, I like how this movie seemingly starts out. I kinda somewhat wish it was an independent movie on its own with no Iris, Ash, or Cilan. I wonder what it would be like since it seems like it's doing something interesting.

Vic sounds the same in almost everything I've seen him in. His role as Professor Icarus is probably the only one I've heard, aside from a brief role as an Akuma in D.Gray-man, that he hasn't used the voice he's using for Keldeo.

I'm such a huge Vic Mignogna fan and when I saw the trailer and heard his voice I think I started screaming xD
It was such a suprise, but a very good suprise! I hope that this movie doesn't involve Ash nearly dying (because that's been really overdone) and has an actual storyline that will make this a Pokémon movie to remember, not to forget about :)

The TPCi pronunciations for all of the current Pokemon can be heard in Pokedex 3D.
That's almost sold me on a 3DS.

Is it just me who finds the grass a little bit to realistic compared to the trees and mountains in the background?

I wish they could find a way to do movies without every legendary Pokemon being able to talk/think out loud.

Is it just me who finds the grass a little bit to realistic compared to the trees and mountains in the background?

I wasn't thinking much about the mountains, but I did think the grass was a bit too realistic myself.

And I haven't really seen much of Vic Mignognas work (I've seen a bit of FMA and Brotherhood), but if I wanted to hear a familliar voice with Keldeo, I would've chosen the Jimmy Neutron / Zatch Bell voice done by Debi Derryberry (which isn't the voice I'd immediately think of when I think of Keldeo, but I'd prefer that). Not that I know how easily they could've had that happen. But Keldeo's actually voice does excite many people, it seems.

Greedy baby :p

Pokémon (official FB page) said:
Our last challenge was so successful, we're doing it again! If you want to see the second sneak peek from Pokémon the Movie: Kyurem Vs. The Sword of Justice, be sure to Like our page. This time, Keldeo sharpens its skills against Terrakion! We're looking for 54,000 Facebook Likes by 5pm PST on November 16th. If we reach our goal, we'll show even more of the movie's opening sequence on November 17th. Be sure to share with your friends to help us reach our goal!
536705_261428593979092_18225007_n.png

Nice sneak peek here, as I've listened the ost of this movie alot lately I recognized the music playing background. And good, there wasn't any dub music during the silent moments.
Vic's Keldeo doesn't sound bad at all (I wasn't even thinking Edward Elric while listening him :p), and Virizion is nice too. The way how Virizion is pronounced is...little weird, as I pronounce it more like the Japaneses does.

Already liked the facebook page, can't wait to see and hear Terrakion in action.

I don't know why but I just have this gut feeling that Terrakion will be voiced by Christopher Sabat...hope I'm not proven wrong

A part of me wishes I had a Facebook.... so I could

Anywho, the sneak peek sounded pretty good to me. I was disappointed by the Virizion/near-Verizon pronunciation, but sure enough, it's the same way on Pokedex 3D Pro. Heck, I'll be pronouncing it the same way I have always been, and not nearly wanting to call it the copyrighted name of a wireless phone company. [I'm surprised they haven't been sued yet...]

Keldeo is becoming more likeable to me the more I see clips of the dub. When I first heard Vic's voice as Keldeo in the original trailer, I thought, "...No, that is not Keldeo at all!", but now, he actually feels like a better fit than the first try. Virizion's voice works well too - I was afraid they'd give it a more masculine voice, but they got the right idea by making it sound feminine. I always thought Virizion would be female if the Muskedeers had genders; it does look the most feminine, so I am a happy camper. I am crossing my fingers that Terrakion and Cobalion were perfectly casted as well, though even if they weren't, it probably won't stop me from seeing the film in its completion.

The animation was really pretty and I like how it's a good set-up story-wise. Even the music was nice! Hopefully, they can keep this good streak up!

- Juuchan17

The voice acting is pretty good in my opinion, but there's a couple nitpicks I wanna voice. After listening to the Pokedex 3D Pro pronunciations, I found myself a little baffled that Cobalion and Virizion were pronounced so differently than I imagined. I figured Cobalion would be "Co-bahl-ee-en", like "Cobalt", and Virizion would be "Ver-izz-ee-en".

Also, knowing that they're based off the Three Musketeers, a female voice for Virizion is fine, considering its appearance, but I wouldn't have minded also imagining it as the version of Aramis I heard in a Three Musketeers audiobook read by Michael Page: calm and gentle.

Still, that's just petty stuff. It's looking awesome so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom