• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lack of fillers in 'Best Wishes'?

I simply love the idea of a lack of fillers. I mean, yeah there are a few fillers that were good, like The Path to the Pokemon League but most are annoying

The reason why there's not that many fillers is probably because of the Team Rocket stuff with them receiving items and getting assigned to do stuff that will lead in to other episodes.

I doubt that Best Wishes will end very quickly; remember that the original series lasted for five (American) seasons/years, Advanced Generation and Diamond & Pearl lasted four and i am sure Best Wishes will last either four or five.

the only good fillers are when the pokes get lost and the whole ep evolves around them!

we need 1 of them asap i love emm

i like fillers not realy long 4+ eps battles

:disgust:

There was no official statement BW is quicker then any other saga. That's just a load of FanDUMB speculation.

We don't need a statement. The speed at which events are progressing speaks for itself.

^^
Ash switched Sewaddle for Pidove, which is fighting off the Venipede next episode.

BW021 was not a Filler.

Just getting his pokemon back doesn't equal it not being filler. The majority of the episode was fillerish. He's going to be switching a lot apparently, and if he does we can't say 'Ash has switched Pokabu for Zuruggu this episode, must be so important it's non-filler'. This may happen every other episode.

Just getting his pokemon back doesn't equal it not being filler. The majority of the episode was fillerish. He's going to be switching a lot apparently, and if he does we can't say 'Ash has switched Pokabu for Zuruggu this episode, must be so important it's non-filler'. This may happen every other episode.

Exactly, swampping around isn't filler. Nobody evolved or learned a new move.

We don't need a statement. The speed at which events are progressing speaks for itself.

Um, excuse me? But, you do need a actual statement with proof before you can say that. Because these series have to last a certain amount of time.

@Gliscor'd No, it wasn't a filler that episode debuted "The Sky Arrow Bridge".

What is a filler?
Filler episodes are entries in a generally continuous serial that are unrelated to the main plot, don't significantly alter the relations between the characters, and generally serve only to take up space. This could be considered Padding applied to a whole franchise.

Filler is often misused to mean "any episode not in the original work", even if it's genuine Adaptation Expansion. In some circles, the term gets thrown around so much it seems to more or less mean "the parts I didn't like".

In most cases, the defining aspect of filler is the total lack of series momentum. Filler can be safely ignored without any loss of important information. However, there is also a style of filler called the "single upgrade filler". Basically, it uses a filler episode to introduce a new power, machine, costume, minor character, etc. without having to work it into the greater narrative. In these cases, the episode can be ignored outside of "something got an upgrade".
By my own personal meaning of filler, the fact that it contained a location from the games, even expanding on it, and that Ash did a visible rotation in the episode itself that would feature said rotated Pokemon in the next episode makes me see it as non-filler even though the rest of the episode was completely filler. I mean, it would be like saying the Tsutarja and Ishizumai capture episodes were filler because the rest of the episode was and they only captured them at the end aka "30 seconds of canon does not make it canon".

But, since I doubt anybody will agree with me on that, I'll just leave that to myself.

Um, excuse me? But, you do need a actual statement with proof before you can say that. Because these series have to last a certain amount of time.

They may need to last a certain amount of time, but that time will clearly be less than with Johto, Hoenn or Sinnoh, considering that Ash got two Unova badges in about the time it took him to get one in the aforementioned leagues and he's almost in position to get badge #3. I doubt the writers will move at this pace and suddenly stagnate for a whole year.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom