• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lack of fillers in 'Best Wishes'?

Fun fact: There's been a Gym roughly every 10 episodes since Dento's:

Episode 5: Dento's Gym
Episode 15: Aloe's Gym
Episode 25: Arty's Gym

I wonder if they'll continue to keep up the pacing of 10 eps between each Gym. Here's hoping we hit Elesa by ep 35.

Wow, I hadn't noticed that. I hope it happens too.

Last edited:
And this is a bad thing? The writers goes to show us that they can show us new BW Pokemon appeareances with an actual plot in each episode. If they did that with Johto than we wouldn't be so against fillers.

I'm not sure if I like the pace at which Ash has been visiting gyms thus far. With six Pokémon (not including Pikachu) already caught/received, they've all been suffering due to a lack of screen time. I'm not saying the writers should enter filler-mania or anything, but I would like to see some episodes set aside for developing Ash's Pokémon (DP006 Different Strokes for Different Blokes, DP035 An Elite Meet and Greet!, DP119 Trials and Adulations!) or at least having them show their personalities (EP017 Island of the Giant Pokémon, AG026 Turning Over a Nuzleaf, DP039 Steamboat Willies!).

I'm pretty sure I've got enough of a handle on everybody's personality though.

Miju-Proud and likes Ash. He likes to fight and prove his worth to Ash, but gets scared when there's something obviously stronger than him. Tends to do crazy, stupid stuff but still be adorable about it. Something I notice is that he used to be kind of a jerk, but has mellowed out of that lately

Pokabu-Tiny little critter who always does his best. Also likes Ash and wants to win for him. Gets depressed when he doesn't, most likely because of that trainer abandonment thing. Tends to have a grinning happy face a lot.

Tsutarja-Haughty, but not to a totally annoying amount. Big sis of the group due to her being the strongest of them that isn't Pikachu. A little "spicy".

Zuruggu-The littlest brother of the group. Likes Ash at a normal extent. Loves to prove how tough he is to other people, of course, he thinks the best way to do this is Headbutting them in the face. Weak as heck and wants to get stronger

Kurumiru-Another little toughy. Takes no crap from anybody. Haven't seen it in a "battle" battle yet so can't get any more since it's only been in two episodes

Mamepato-Eh...nobody likes her anyway. :p Okay, but honestly, I've got nothing from her. I kinda wish Ash never caught her in the first place just because she's "the bird" but who knows. Maybe I'll be surprised.

And Pikachu is Pikachu. I notice he's been showing off a lot more awesome faces and expressions lately. Not like, say Kanto, but enough to like, say, Volt Tackle with Ash for training and then look happy about it.

They're all pretty much expies of Ash's previous Pokemon.

Snivy is just a girl version of Treecko. Treecko was the male gecko badass, Snivy is the girl.

They're all pretty much expies of Ash's previous Pokemon.

Snivy is just a girl version of Treecko. Treecko was the male gecko badass, Snivy is the girl.

How many personalities can you get with non-talking creatures? Seriously...

How many personalities can you get with non-talking creatures? Seriously...

Uh, a ton. That's like saying a person that can't speak for whatever reason can't have a personality.

We see their personality through their expressions, facial reactions, body motions, etc.

Hey, that's not fair, I like Mamepato D:
I'm glad Best Wishes! doesn't have a lot of filler episodes, it gets boring after 5 episodes of the same old-same old.
I like how this series goes, and now I like it better, since Team Rocket is badass now!

Sorry. Eventually, I forget the Japanese names a while after I learn their English names... So I can get annoyed at that.

Tepig was Pokabu.
Oshawott was, ummm.... Mijumaru.
Snivy was Tsutarja.
Patrat was Minezumi.
Watchog was..... *thinks* Oh! Miruhog!
Tranquill was.... I forget.

^^ Hatooboh

and i finnaly saw it

i just loved Lampent! its so damn cute! but it might steal your souls hehe

Venipede too were cute, now i want a Scoilipede in my White Version!

Iris and Axew helping out was good too, i loved their fist-bump, and Cilan's Technique of using Seed Machine Gun to make them trip was a really good plan too!

Don't worry. Look at Kanto. Both seasons are strikingly similar, in many ways. In Kanto, the were practically no fillers until around Ep. 30. BW is almost a replay of season 1, just... different characters and Pokemon. Even if I'm wrong, and it stays like this, I'm fine. I like dynamic teams anyways.

BW will probably be a little long than Kanto. I can see it ending at around 100 episodes.

After that will probably be a secondary arc.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom