• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Lamest lines you've ever heard on the show

GalacticRonpa

超高校級に忘れっぽい残念子さん
Reaction score
4kids has a lot of those xD

"It's a Cowterpie", "James, stop this crazy thing!", "Let's poke-round the laboratory", etc etc

P_S_B

Shiny hunter
Reaction score
"Who the Pokémon are you?"
Think it was an early PUSA episode, bit the cringe from that nearly gave me whiplash.

Boruto

Yᵒᵘ Oᶰˡʸ Lᶤᵛᵉ Oᴺcᴱ
Reaction score
4kids has a lot of those xD

"It's a Cowterpie", "James, stop this crazy thing!", "Let's poke-round the laboratory", etc etc
I thought that the "Cowterpie" line was pretty clever since I dunno what else 4Kids could've come up with to serve as the pun in that scene.

Insanish Danish

grass princess
Reaction score
TPCi's dialogue in general is just so damn bad. Yeah 4Kids had lame puns but at least the characters talked like real people. The way they talk in TPCi's dub is just...ugh.

GalacticRonpa

超高校級に忘れっぽい残念子さん
Reaction score
4kids' puns problems were that they were carried over to all the other dubs throughout the world, mostly with bad results.

For eg this line I mentioned above "Maybe it's a Cowterpie" were translated as "Maybe it's a cow". Yeah, Caterpie and my language's cow equivalent don't match at all.

Like, WTF????

prog rocker

Reaction score
4kids' puns problems were that they were carried over to all the other dubs throughout the world, mostly with bad results.

For eg this line I mentioned above "Maybe it's a Cowterpie" were translated as "Maybe it's a cow". Yeah, Caterpie and my language's cow equivalent don't match at all.

Like, WTF????
Latin American viewer, I guess? Because that sounds like the "tal vez sea una vaquita" non sequitur that that dub had. Then again, the only actors with free reign there were the ones that dub James and Meowth, seeing how they could say almost anything as long as it fits in the scene.

GalacticRonpa

超高校級に忘れっぽい残念子さん
Reaction score
Nope, Brazilian Portuguese. It figures to be similar, I guess, since both dubs seem to base on each other (not sure about Pokemon, but in other shows)