• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Lamest lines you've ever heard on the show

超高校級に忘れっぽい残念子さん
Reaction score
4kids has a lot of those xD

"It's a Cowterpie", "James, stop this crazy thing!", "Let's poke-round the laboratory", etc etc

Shiny hunter
Reaction score
"Who the Pokémon are you?"
Think it was an early PUSA episode, bit the cringe from that nearly gave me whiplash.

웃♥유
Reaction score
4kids has a lot of those xD

"It's a Cowterpie", "James, stop this crazy thing!", "Let's poke-round the laboratory", etc etc
I thought that the "Cowterpie" line was pretty clever since I dunno what else 4Kids could've come up with to serve as the pun in that scene.

grass princess
Reaction score
TPCi's dialogue in general is just so damn bad. Yeah 4Kids had lame puns but at least the characters talked like real people. The way they talk in TPCi's dub is just...ugh.

超高校級に忘れっぽい残念子さん
Reaction score
4kids' puns problems were that they were carried over to all the other dubs throughout the world, mostly with bad results.

For eg this line I mentioned above "Maybe it's a Cowterpie" were translated as "Maybe it's a cow". Yeah, Caterpie and my language's cow equivalent don't match at all.

Like, WTF????

Reaction score
4kids' puns problems were that they were carried over to all the other dubs throughout the world, mostly with bad results.

For eg this line I mentioned above "Maybe it's a Cowterpie" were translated as "Maybe it's a cow". Yeah, Caterpie and my language's cow equivalent don't match at all.

Like, WTF????
Latin American viewer, I guess? Because that sounds like the "tal vez sea una vaquita" non sequitur that that dub had. Then again, the only actors with free reign there were the ones that dub James and Meowth, seeing how they could say almost anything as long as it fits in the scene.

超高校級に忘れっぽい残念子さん
Reaction score
Nope, Brazilian Portuguese. It figures to be similar, I guess, since both dubs seem to base on each other (not sure about Pokemon, but in other shows)