• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lamest lines you've ever heard on the show

Cilan

Reaction score
If there's a thread like this then feel free to lock this one. What are some of the lamest or just some awful lines you heard on the show? For me it's pretty much every word that comes out of Team Rocket's mouth in DP. I really hate the line "poach us a primo pokemon." That seemed like their go to alliteration early on.

There were quite a few times I've heard things that were just surreal to hear in pokemon. Probably because it was dated slang like that, but I don't remember what they were.

Ash saying that he was gonna "raise the roof" in the Deoxys ranger episode. Also in that same episode Brock said that his pokeballs were "on the blink" and that Pewter City was "his old stomping grounds."

Yeah, during Battle Frontier I think TPCi was going through a phase of using outdated slang that no kid today would say. Then again 4Kids has always did that. I could list so many Team Rocket examples of lame dialogue but then I'd type out most of their entire script (especially DP -.-)

i dont know about lame but the best were

Team rocket OI
Misty - ohh its you 3 loosers
James - ohh ha ha Who told you that joke! Professor Oak?

Team Rocket OI
Jessie - I cant possibly dance anymore' it was along time ago
Montage
After montage
Meowth - so thats why your a nutjob
james - ahahahahah
jessie - **kicks then into the sky**

In the dub after TPCi took over, I'd wince whenever anyone ever said "That's all she wrote...". It sounded ok the first time, but was real old by the tenth use.

How about when Ash saw Paul and Chimchar training during the Hearthome Tag Battle tourney and said something like, "You don't have to do it the hard way." It particularly grates on my ears because it is hard work becoming strong. And to follow it up, when Ash gives Chimchar the recruiting pitch, he says, "We'll have a blast and work hard!" Uh, Ash, I thought you said not to do it the hard way.

Ive just watched the whole 84 episodes of the first series of Pokemon and every time there was a pun, my boyfriend decided to go AAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! which was about a million times :)

One more thing to add:

Anytime Meowth says "pokemonic." What the hell is that supposed to mean? "My pokemonic heart?"

Jessie: There's nothing worse than getting your head handed to you by a homie.
James: no duh.

It's nice to see that TPCi is keeping those 90's phrases "hip and happening."

Also from this one guy in the Hoenn League:
"This is sweeter than a candy cane!"
....Really 4Kids?

The redundant dialogue really gets to you especially in terms of attacks.

"Use Hyperbeam!"

"What's that?"

"It's a Hyperbeam!"

WTF? Apparently Brock has to repeat every attack that was said in the series despite the fact that we just heard it.

Lance in the Red Gyarados special: "Put the petal to the metal!"
That did make me laugh though just because of how ridiculous it sounded coming from Lance.

Also from that episode:
Tyson: You look...a little tied up! *laughs like a retard at his own joke*

From The Legend of Thunder:
Jimmy: *to Typhlosion* Hi paw!

and also
Eusine: Oh tragedy, misfortune, and woe!
I laughed at that one though xP

Along with Team Rocket's dialogue I have to add this line in.

Ash: A talking Meowth? Who are you guys!?

I facepalmed when I heard that. Ash, what other trio do you know that has a talkimg Meowth? Then again if you fall for disguises like this:

3yx3ewl.jpg

then I guess it speaks for itself.

Every time they eat rice balls in the 4Kids dubbed episodes. It is obvious that those things are not sandwiches! Doughnuts, mabye, but come on?!?!

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom