• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lamest lines you've ever heard on the show

Atilla calling Raikou "Thunder Wonder" in that Chronicles special.

Marina: GTG sweetie pie.
WTF?

ALL of Atilla's "ranching" references.

Jessie saying "Cut out the Mankey business!" in one Battle Frontier episode.

James once told Jessie that Grumpig reminded him of his ex-fiance.

I guess that was a Jessiebel reference?

In the second episode of the BW dub when Ash is yelling out all the attacks the Pidove is using like an idiot.

"That's Air Slash!"
"Woah, that's Gust!"

Also, 90% of TR's lines in D/P and when a Pokemon evolves everyone's like "Woah, it's evolving!"

The writers sure like to make characters point out the obvious in this show.

Nurse Joy: Therapy.
Ash: Is that a new Pokémon?

That's definitely not the exact dialogue, but the point is Ash questioned whether or not "therapy" was a new type of Pokémon. :p It's from EP136, Chikorita's Big Upset.

Vincent: Look at what the Gengar dragged in.
WTF? That doesn't even make sense.

Also there was one episode with Meowth telling a bunch of pokemon jokes to a crowd (I have no idea what episode it was but it was either in Kanto or Johto) and some of the jokes were:

What does a pokemon say when it sneezes?
Pik-ACHU

and

What does a pokemon get when its hurt?
A Bulba-sore!

"I'm not a noob!" - DP dub Ash, "Dealing with a Fierce Double Ditto Drama"
"I'm so psyched/stoked" - TPCi dub Ash in general from BF-SM
"Like limpid pools on a babbling brook, let me draw closer so I can have a good look. Because when it comes to the beauty of Officer Jenny, I always get good and shook! Date me, break me!" - DP dub Brock, "Regaining the Home Advantage"
"Pilfering us up a bunch of primo Pokemon" - DP/XY/SM dub Jessie, various instances
"Oy vey" - DP-SM dub Meowth
"You lugs are gonna pay, nobody messes with my mug!" - SM dub Meowth
"The twerps have Pokevision on the brain" - XY dub James
"I've never seen Ash work it so hard." - BF dub May
"Boy, those fightin' type Pokemon sure know how ta fight" - BF dub Max
"Wow, wow, wow/try, try, try" - XY dub Bonnie
"Cutier pie" - XY dub Bonnie
"Scrumptchy" - SM dub Jessie
"Furshinsta" - XY dub James
"Transformathon" - XY dub James
"Honeylicious" - SM dub Team Rocket in unison, "Real Life, Inquire Within"
"If this keeps up, Pikachu's gonna be wiped" - DP dub Ash, "Gettin' Twiggy With It"
"Observation, I'm an observer, I'm doin' it!" - DP dub Ash
"They don't call me Brock the rock for nothing y'know" - SM dub Brock, "When Regions Collide"
"When the chips are down" - SM dub Misty, "When Regions Collide"
"Psy-cute" - Dub Lana, "When Regions Collide"
"Boy, those bubbles know how to behave" - BF dub Brock
"One look in those Poke-peepers and I don't care if I ever eat" - BF dub James
"Oh, Weavile-sir, you just a' hunk a hunk a handsome" - BF dub Jessie, "Duels of the Jungle"
"Alright, Froakie, this is where we really need to step on the gas" - XY dub Ash
"Keep movin' ahead and ya can't go wrong, 'cause that's the way we roll" - XY dub Ash
"That's the way Nurse Joy rolls" - Dub Mallow, "Real Life, Inquire Within"
"Primo perps" - DP-SM dub Team Rocket
"Dig it, jack" - DP dub Meowth
"You're such a Poke-child" - DP dub Jessie
"You've just gotta keep on truckin'" - Dub Dawn, "Two Degrees of Separation"

Really, a lot of the TPCi dub's dialogue would go into this corner for me.

"I'm not a noob!" - DP dub Ash, "Dealing with a Fierce Double Ditto Drama"
"I'm so psyched/stoked" - TPCi dub Ash in general from BF-SM
"Like limpid pools on a babbling brook, let me draw closer so I can have a good look. Because when it comes to the beauty of Officer Jenny, I always get good and shook! Date me, break me!" - DP dub Brock, "Regaining the Home Advantage"
"Pilfering us up a bunch of primo Pokemon" - DP/XY/SM dub Jessie, various instances
"Oy vey" - DP-SM dub Meowth
"You lugs are gonna pay, nobody messes with my mug!" - SM dub Meowth
"The twerps have Pokevision on the brain" - XY dub James
"I've never seen Ash work it so hard." - BF dub May
"Boy, those fightin' type Pokemon sure know how ta fight" - BF dub Max
"Wow, wow, wow/try, try, try" - XY dub Bonnie
"Cutier pie" - XY dub Bonnie
"Scrumptchy" - SM dub Jessie
"Furshinsta" - XY dub James
"Transformathon" - XY dub James
"Honeylicious" - SM dub Team Rocket in unison, "Real Life, Inquire Within"
"If this keeps up, Pikachu's gonna be wiped" - DP dub Ash, "Gettin' Twiggy With It"
"Observation, I'm an observer, I'm doin' it!" - DP dub Ash
"They don't call me Brock the rock for nothing y'know" - SM dub Brock, "When Regions Collide"
"When the chips are down" - SM dub Misty, "When Regions Collide"
"Psy-cute" - Dub Lana, "When Regions Collide"
"Boy, those bubbles know how to behave" - BF dub Brock
"One look in those Poke-peepers and I don't care if I ever eat" - BF dub James
"Oh, Weavile-sir, you just a' hunk a hunk a handsome" - BF dub Jessie, "Duels of the Jungle"
"Alright, Froakie, this is where we really need to step on the gas" - XY dub Ash
"Keep movin' ahead and ya can't go wrong, 'cause that's the way we roll" - XY dub Ash
"That's the way Nurse Joy rolls" - Dub Mallow, "Real Life, Inquire Within"
"Primo perps" - DP-SM dub Team Rocket
"Dig it, jack" - DP dub Meowth
"You're such a Poke-child" - DP dub Jessie
"You've just gotta keep on truckin'" - Dub Dawn, "Two Degrees of Separation"

Really, a lot of the TPCi dub's dialogue would go into this corner for me.
You know it is bad. And the translations of those lines in another languages is even worse

"You're such a Poke-child"
Is this real? There’s no way anybody could ever write this with the intention of being serious.

I’ve got some nominations of my own:

“Sceptile’s shooting blanks!” - James in “Odd Pokemon Out!”
“Check it out! Another new Pokémon!” - Ash in “Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!”
“Hi, Pokemon Center!” - Bonnie
“It’s a Joy-ful...world.” - Ash in “Charmander - The Stray Pokémon” (bet you thought I was gonna leave out the 4Kids dub, huh?)
“That Mud Shot is an Earth Type attack.” - Max in “Chip Off the Old Brock!”
“We don’t cackle, we emote!” - Jessie in “On Olden Pond!”
“Time for a Poké-chat!” - Meowth in “Reversing the Charges!”
“Hunter hussy!” Jessie in any episode that has Pokémon Hunter J
“Pokémon will plop into what’s left of my lap!” - Jessie in “Doc Brock!”
“I'm not exactly prepared for Gliscor love!” - James in “Jumping Rocket Ship!”
“Behave! Or I’ll have to spank you!” - Jessie in “A Breed Stampede!”

And the worst one of all....
“With full bags, yo!” - Meowth in “Sliding into Seventh!”

Last edited:
Cassidy's "Well if it isn't Team Nitwit" line from "The Ole Berate and Switch!". That whole episode is Zoppi's writing at its worst.

Also,

Brock: "From here, they both look like winners to me." in "Friend and Foe Alike"
James: "No one's carried me since my momma." in "Training Daze"

Have some more....

“Meowth want a cotton candy!” - Meowth in “Ghost of Maiden’s Peak”
“Well, I, for one, am not impressed. It looks like a Japanese restaurant.” - James in “The Ninja Poke-Showdown”
“It’s like a ROCK concert.” - James in “The Battling Eevee Brothers”
“A Starmie is born!” - James in “The Misty Mermaid”
“Oh, dats right. The cartoonist forgot to give me a nose.” - Meowth in “Pokemon Scent-sation”
“Me? Evolve?” - Ash in “Pedal to the Mettle!”
"CRIKEY! IT'S A KABUTOPS!" - Team Rocket in “Dealing with Defensive Types”
"I haven't felt dis fulfilled since da one time I sat on da Boss's lap!" - Meowth in “Noodles! Roamin Off!”
“You heard him! It’s Cilan’s Evaluation Time!” - Freddy the Scoop in “The Clubsplosion Begins!”
“Is it me or does she fall down a lot?” - Iris in “Unrest at the Nursery”

Brock: "From here, they both look like winners to me." in "Friend and Foe Alike"
I have no problem with that line: makes Brock seem like he's encouraging Ash as his friend- *kind of* lame so I get what you mean, but not bad per se. He's said much worse in the dub than that, imo.

Speaking of Brock, just recalled one line I thought was horrendous from him:

"Alright Ash, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do and these two men are gonna do it, with or without a good woman at their sides!" - "Two Degrees of Separation"

A 15 year old teenager talking to a 10 year old boy (Brock to Ash) about having a homosexual relationship, that's definitely one of the lamest things I heard him say in the dub (made worse that in Japanese he was talking about wanting to become the best breeder and nothing of the sort- I know homosexual innuendo is nothing new for the dub but it was at least relegated to James up until that point, who is a young man, unlike Brock & Ash...).

I'd agree with you on Cassidy, though, also "Whenever there's a piece of pie in the universe" from "The Ole Berate and Switch" is pretty terrible as well.

Or "Marvioso" again from Cassidy, which once again, isn't a word (Zoppi's been great at making up gibberish words though, as of late).

I have a few more I'll add that I just recalled, on that note...

"Tchotchkes free for you and me!" - James & Meowth, a random S13 DP dub episode (sorry, can't recall the specific one, found this on a PokeCommunity post though from that Era)
"Nice ring is a good thing!" - Jessie, "Enter Iris and Axew!"
"That's a fire type- nice and fiery!" - Ash, "In the Shadow of Zekrom!"
"Pikachu's just about to hit the wall!" - Ash, Iris vs. Ash Tag Battle Eps. in BW
"I got me the (insert symbol/badge name here) symbol/badge!" - Ash in BF-Early DP dubbed
"That's why we didn't catch us any Pokemon!" - Either Ash or Dawn, forget who, either from "Two Degrees of Separation" or "Dawn of a New Era!" respectively
"I'm so totally excited" - Serena, XY dub
"To taste, so just eyeball it, right?" - Ash, SM006 dubbed
"Down the hatch!" - Multiple times in the Sun & Moon dub, alternating between Ash, Mallow, and Lana (In one instance, this would not be so bad, but it's becoming a recurring thing ala "so psyched" with the dub now)
"I'm not even sad, one little bit!" - Ash, "Uncrushing Defeat!"
"Knock its block off!" - Ash, Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon
"Let 'er rip!" - Ash (Various times in the BF & XY dubs); Sophocles, "Rise and Shine, Starship!"
"I've got amazin' training skills!" - Ash, Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon
"Hold the phone!" - Misty, Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon
"A toxic rerun! And I hate reruns!" - Jessie & Meowth, "A Real Rival Rouser!"
"Forming a formidable army is inevitable for our Kalos Kingdom!" - James, "Lumiose City Pursuit!"
"As long as I'm on the mound, you're out bound!" - Meowth, "Pulling Out the Pokemon Base Pepper"!
"Behind these paws hide some cleverly cunning claws!" - Meowth, "Pulling Out the Pokemon Base Pepper!"
"You bragged, now you're tagged!" - Meowth, "Pulling Out the Pokemon Base Pepper!"
"Show 'em some of that old pepper, buddy!" - Ash, "Pulling Out the Pokemon Base Pepper!"
"Dig it, while Meowth takes flight!" - Meowth, Sun & Moon dub motto
"Right! An assignment illuminated by the joy of shining success!" - James, "Reunion Battles in Nimbasa!"
"I can't believe I'm finally going back to my old stomping grounds, Pewter City!" - Brock, "Pokemon Ranger, Deoxys Crisis (Part One)"
"But why would our PokéBalls be on the blink?" - Brock, "Pokemon Ranger, Deoxys Crisis (Part One)"
"Tussling twerps exhaust me." - James, "A Real Rival Rouser!"
"I thought you were gonna become top coordinator, girlfriend!" - James, "Noodles! Roamin' Off!"
"And now you're being off color!" - James to his clearly not shiny, normally colored, Carnivine from "Noodles! Roamin' Off!"
"To bravely go where no twerp has gone, before the dawn!" - Team Rocket, "The Dream Continues!"
"Ever heard of the Poketacular?" - Shauna, XY Dub

(Clip for the "Poketacular" line, not even kidding, this was a thing at one point:

View: https://twitter.com/TriforceZard/status/846817216012128257
)

“Me? Evolve?” - Ash in “Pedal to the Mettle!”
He actually said this in the dub? My god...

Also, regarding "Poke-child," that was from Jessie in "Two Degrees of Separation" in English, sorry for not clarifying that.

Last edited:
Meowth: "We're talking no lack of color." in BW36
Ash: "Do ya see something Pikachu? I don't, 'cept for that tree." in AG170
Jessie: "Can we please parp (?) the pulpy platitude and proceed with our previous plan to palm Pikachu?" in AG170
Ash: "If it wasn't for me and my pokemon working as a team, we never would've won those badges. I wouldn'ta won anything without Charizard... and Pidgeotto... and Scyther... and Cyndaquil." in EP184. Pretty embarrassing goof-up by 4kids that I'm surprised isn't more well-known.

I have no problem with that line: makes Brock seem like he's encouraging Ash as his friend- *kind of* lame so I get what you mean, but not bad per se. He's said much worse in the dub than that, imo.

I know its not the worst line ever but it just struck me as really corny when I read it on Dogasu's site.

Some more I just recalled I found particularly lame:

"'Cause we're gonna be okay-dokey!" - Ash, "Noodles, Roamin' Off!"
"Meeting up with Christopher was kismet!" - Meowth, "Noodles, Roamin' Off!"
"And if that means hacking hordes of noodles in a nifty noodle shop..." - Jessie, "Noodles, Roamin' Off!"
"I'm blooming bigger than a dozen roses!" - Meowth, "Noddles, Roamin' Off!"
"We never should've said that electrically exploding noodle nabber was all your fault..." - James, "Noodles, Roamin' Off!"
"I'd say your prediction is right on the money!" - Mallow, "Loading the Dex!" (10 y/o girls don't speak this way)
"Grabbing ho: away we go!" - Team Rocket, "Top Down Training!"
"Forget Pikachu and collect stamps!" - Meowth, "Gettin' Twiggy With It!"
"A' course! Don't raise a stink!" - Meowth, "Twice Smitten, Once Shy!"
"Max repel, lotion, back up clothes, back up lotion...and backups for the backups!" - Lillie, "Lulled to La-La Land!" (Forgiving TPCi falling into the same traps 4Kids did with script errors here, only this time originating their own one by calling potions, lotions, the last end of the sentence in the dub sounds so lame to me)
"It will only be the best, for such important guests!" - Delia, "The Dream Continues!"
"Jenny, you stole my heart! And now I'll have to make a citizens arrest for love-larceny." - Brock, "Gathering the Gang of Four!" (In Japanese, he said "You've already arrested my heart," very different from Brock saying that he wants to make a citizens arrest toward Jenny itself, what the heck).
"Greninjo, water shuriken!" - Ash, "Battling at Full Volume!" (Greninja was erroneously called Greninjo in this episode's dub- no, this isn't a joke: TPCi once again emulating 4Kids' Pokemon name-errors on this front, as of late)
"Oh, pooh, there's always room for you!" - James, "Once More with Reeling!"
"And I'll still wipe the dance floor with you!" - Harley, "Harley Rides Again!"
"Till our boy popped the main spring, boing!" - Meowth, "A Faux Oak Finish!"
"And how is my little May and her brood of boy toys?" - Harley, "Harley Rides Again!" (Dub Harley implying Ash & co. are May's Urban Dictionary: boy toy)
"Remember might makes right!" - Cross, "I Choose You!" (Speaks for itself)
"Look, Luge-it!" - Lana, "The Island Whisperer!" (See Greninjo instead of Greninja and the Pidgeotto/Pidgeot mixups previously mentioned, only this time Lugia was mispronounced as "Luge-it!")
"Entei's on the run, let's have fun!" - Team Rocket, "I Choose You!"
"They mostly live in Minnesota!" - Ash, "Mewtwo Strikes Back!" (In reference to the Minnesota Vikings football team: you didn't think I thought the 4Kids dub was free from these, did you?)
"Yo ho, Ho-Oh!" - Meowth, "I Choose You!"
"Yeah, that's the breaks!" - Sophocles, "Treasure Hunt-Akala Style!"
"They're so delish!" - Mallow, "Treasure Hunt-Akala Style!"
"You don't have to blubber!" - Ash, "Treasure Hunt-Akala Style!"
"Upsie-daisy!" - Lana, "Treasure Hunt-Akala Style!"

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom