• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lamest lines you've ever heard on the show

Some more I just recalled I found particularly lame:

"'Cause we're gonna be okay-dokey!" - Ash, "Noodles, Roamin' Off!"
"Meeting up with Christopher was kismet!" - Meowth, "Noodles, Roamin' Off!"
"And if that means hacking hordes of noodles in a nifty noodle shop..." - Jessie, "Noodles, Roamin' Off!"
"I'm blooming bigger than a dozen roses!" - Meowth, "Noddles, Roamin' Off!"
"We never should've said that electrically exploding noodle nabber was all your fault..." - James, "Noodles, Roamin' Off!"
"I'd say your prediction is right on the money!" - Mallow, "Loading the Dex!" (10 y/o girls don't speak this way)
"Grabbing ho: away we go!" - Team Rocket, "Top Down Training!"
"Forget Pikachu and collect stamps!" - Meowth, "Gettin' Twiggy With It!"
"A' course! Don't raise a stink!" - Meowth, "Twice Smitten, Once Shy!"
"Max repel, lotion, back up clothes, back up lotion...and backups for the backups!" - Lillie, "Lulled to La-La Land!" (Forgiving TPCi falling into the same traps 4Kids did with script errors here, only this time originating their own one by calling potions, lotions, the last end of the sentence in the dub sounds so lame to me)
"It will only be the best, for such important guests!" - Delia, "The Dream Continues!"
"Jenny, you stole my heart! And now I'll have to make a citizens arrest for love-larceny." - Brock, "Gathering the Gang of Four!" (In Japanese, he said "You've already arrested my heart," very different from Brock saying that he wants to make a citizens arrest toward Jenny itself, what the heck).
"Greninjo, water shuriken!" - Ash, "Battling at Full Volume!" (Greninja was erroneously called Greninjo in this episode's dub- no, this isn't a joke: TPCi once again emulating 4Kids' Pokemon name-errors on this front, as of late)
"Oh, pooh, there's always room for you!" - James, "Once More with Reeling!"
"And I'll still wipe the dance floor with you!" - Harley, "Harley Rides Again!"
"Till our boy popped the main spring, boing!" - Meowth, "A Faux Oak Finish!"
"And how is my little May and her brood of boy toys?" - Harley, "Harley Rides Again!" (Dub Harley implying Ash & co. are May's Urban Dictionary: boy toy)
"Remember might makes right!" - Cross, "I Choose You!" (Speaks for itself)
"Look, Luge-it!" - Lana, "The Island Whisperer!" (See Greninjo instead of Greninja and the Pidgeotto/Pidgeot mixups previously mentioned, only this time Lugia was mispronounced as "Luge-it!")
"Entei's on the run, let's have fun!" - Team Rocket, "I Choose You!"
"They mostly live in Minnesota!" - Ash, "Mewtwo Strikes Back!" (In reference to the Minnesota Vikings football team: you didn't think I thought the 4Kids dub was free from these, did you?)
"Yo ho, Ho-Oh!" - Meowth, "I Choose You!"
"Yeah, that's the breaks!" - Sophocles, "Treasure Hunt-Akala Style!"
"They're so delish!" - Mallow, "Treasure Hunt-Akala Style!"
"You don't have to blubber!" - Ash, "Treasure Hunt-Akala Style!"
"Upsie dasie!" - Lana, "Treasure Hunt-Akala Style!"
Oh God those are soooo lame

Have some more (WARNING: Contains an overload of TPCi Rocket quotes):

“Biting my head’s NOT special training!” - Ash in “Piplup, Up, and Away!”
"Man dose twerps beat da pants offa us and I don't even wear pants!" - Meowth in “With the Easiest of Grace!”
“Uhhh... can I have a photo of Nando.....?" - random guy at Sinnoh Grand Festival in “Opposites Interact!”
“Chiiiiilll ouuuut!!!” - random trainer in “Camping it Out!”
“Let’s try the back door, it works at home.” - James in “The Eighth Wonder of the Sinnoh World!”
“I don’t know where my love went but it bought a one-way ticket!” - Meowth in “For the Love of Meowth!”
“Ice Aqua Jet is SOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!” - Barry in “Familiarity Breeds Strategy”
“I know they’re small but they’re all I’ve got!” - James in “Aipom and Circumstance!”
"You Pokesitters are such a bore!" - James in “Pinch Healing!”

Yep. That turned into a bit of meme for a while
4Kids did call them riceballs in a few of their dub episodes, though, I wouldn't say that applied to every instance:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NINhKtf7Z2A

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wmzh8xqCHQ

Need I remind everyone TPCi dubbed episodes since late BW have been calling every fruit on the show berries, be it an apple or otherwise? That's no better, honestly (also once in DP's dub, they covered up rice balls with ice cream sandwiches when Cynthia spoke to Team Rocket- that was post-4Kids dubbed episodes: so, TPCi are just as guilty of their own food censorship now).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3TQKpVfEvo

"Man dose twerps beat da pants offa us and I don't even wear pants!" - Meowth in “With the Easiest of Grace!”
Ewww...

Some more I recalled:

"Drew is such a weenie!" - Some character, "Spontaneous Combusken," friend just re-watched the ep. and found this one.
"It's not footch, it's Buutttch!" - Butch, "Sleight of Sand" ("Footch" is not a word!)
"Wow, Nathaniel reminds me a'me!" - Ash, "Strategy Begins at Home!"
"Mess with me, and you're gonna lose!" - Ash, "I Choose You!" (Is he a playground bully now, TPCi?)
"Wait until I polish off this kid!" - Verity, "I Choose You!" (Polish off meaning the 2nd top definition here: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=polish off- disgusting given it's a 10 year old girl talking about a 10 year old boy.)
"Givin' a gift to the boss would set us up on easy street, sweet!" - Meowth, "Tasting the Bitter with the Sweet!"
"Wowie!" - Bonnie, Various Times, XY dub
"Coochy coo!" - Bonnie, see above
"Move it everyone! Now we really need, to step on the gas!" - Clemont, "An Electrifying Rage!"
"Gingerly rubbing that gentle Geodude...!" - James, "Grating Spaces!
"Swa-la!" - James, "Lumiose City Pursuit!" (Not even a word, once again)!
"They’re both runnin’ out of gas." - Ash, "Dealing with Defensive Types!"
"Well, wild Jenny, you've already got my heart in custody: wild Brock is here to make your wildish dreams come true!" - Brock, "Stealing the Conversation!" (Sorry, he sounds like a borderline pedo with this dialogue)
"So we decided to deal with you law-enforcement yahoos walking around with bullying bowling balls by making a power pin that you can't knock down!" - Meowth, "Stealing the Conversation!"
"Num, num! Num num! Num nums!" - Jessie & James, "Acting True to Form!" (Speaks for itself)
"Puh-leeze. You’d think the twerps were using vanishing cream." - Jessie, "Mastering Current Events!"
"Puh-leeze!" - Misty, "The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon!"
"See? Sometimes I can do the right thing!" - May, "The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon!"
"Hey, whaddya say we take a whack at trying to read the wind?" - Ash, "Mastering Current Events!"
"That jerk's got ostentatious-itis!" - Meowth, "Gotta Get a Gible!"
"To denounce the evils of emo and love!" - Jessie, "Team Rocket's Shocking Recruit!" (Lame!)
"This is the way me make the antenna, make the antenna, make the antenna: this is the way we make the antenna, so early in the morning!" - James, "Nosin' Round the Mountain!"
"‘Kay, gang, chow time!" - Ash, "Fighting Fear with Fear!"
"Lame-o's." - Paul, "Different Strokes for Different Blokes!"
"Mercy me/land sakes" - Elderly woman COTD, "Gettin' Twiggy With It!"
"Yo, yo- it's a pain to explain, yo!" - Main COTDs, "Breaking Titles at the Chateau!"
"You're not just a little kid, Ash Ketchum, you're a big baby!" - Iris, "The Path that Leads to Goodbye!"

Last edited:
4Kids did call them riceballs in a few of their dub episodes, though, I wouldn't say that applied to every instance:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NINhKtf7Z2A

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wmzh8xqCHQ

Need I remind everyone TPCi dubbed episodes since late BW have been calling every fruit on the show berries, be it an apple or otherwise? That's no better, honestly (also once in DP's dub, they covered up rice balls with ice cream sandwiches when Cynthia spoke to Team Rocket- that was post-4Kids dubbed episodes: so, TPCi are just as guilty of their own food censorship now).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3TQKpVfEvo

Ewww...

Some more I recalled:

"Drew is such a weenie!" - Some character, "Spontaneous Combusken," friend just re-watched the ep. and found this one.
"It's not footch, it's Buutttch!" - Butch, "Sleight of Sand" ("Footch" is not a word!)
"Wow, Nathaniel reminds me a'me!" - Ash, "Strategy Begins at Home!"
"Mess with me, and you're gonna lose!" - Ash, "I Choose You!" (Is he a playground bully now, TPCi?)
"Wait until I polish off this kid!" - Verity, "I Choose You!" (Polish off meaning the 2nd top definition here: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=polish off- disgusting given it's a 10 year old girl talking about a 10 year old boy.)
"Givin' a gift to the boss would set us up on easy street, sweet!" - Meowth, "Tasting the Bitter with the Sweet!"
"Wowie!" - Bonnie, Various Times, XY dub
"Coochy coo!" - Bonnie, see above
"Move it everyone! Now we really need, to step on the gas!" - Clemont, "An Electrifying Rage!"
"Gingerly rubbing that gentle Geodude...!" - James, "Grating Spaces!
"Swa-la!" - James, "Lumiose City Pursuit!" (Not even a word, once again)!
"They’re both runnin’ out of gas." - Ash, "Dealing with Defensive Types!"
"Well, wild Jenny, you've already got my heart in custody: wild Brock is here to make your wildish dreams come true!" - Brock, "Stealing the Conversation!" (Sorry, he sounds like a borderline pedo with this dialogue)
"So we decided to deal with you law-enforcement yahoos walking around with bullying bowling balls by making a power pin that you can't knock down!" - Meowth, "Stealing the Conversation!"
"Num, num! Num num! Num nums!" - Jessie & James, "Acting True to Form!" (Speaks for itself)
"Puh-leeze. You’d think the twerps were using vanishing cream." - Jessie, "Mastering Current Events!"
"Puh-leeze!" - Misty, "The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon!"
"See? Sometimes I can do the right thing!" - May, "The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon!"
"Hey, whaddya say we take a whack at trying to read the wind?" - Ash, "Mastering Current Events!"
"That jerk's got ostentatious-itis!" - Meowth, "Gotta Get a Gible!"
"To denounce the evils of emo and love!" - Jessie, "Team Rocket's Shocking Recruit!" (Lame!)
"This is the way me make the antenna, make the antenna, make the antenna: this is the way we make the antenna, so early in the morning!" - James, "Nosin' Round the Mountain!"
"‘Kay, gang, chow time!" - Ash, "Fighting Fear with Fear!"
"Lame-o's." - Paul, "Different Strokes for Different Blokes!"
"Mercy me/land sakes" - Elderly woman COTD, "Gettin' Twiggy With It!"
"Yo, yo- it's a pain to explain, yo!" - Main COTDs, "Breaking Titles at the Chateau!"
"You're not just a little kid, Ash Ketchum, you're a big baby!" - Iris, "The Path that Leads to Goodbye!"

Yeah, TPCI is even more awful when it comes to the lines. :eek:

Everything out of Iris’s mouth when she condemns Ash for not knowing something he literally has no way of knowing

Followed by Cilan's endless spewing of "taste", "flavor", gratuitous butchered English, and "I'm an [Insert Whatever Noun You Want Here] Sommelier!"

Special Best Wishes edition!

“Turns out Yamask is actually a cool Pokémon.” - Ash in “Night at the Nacrene City Museum!”
“She must take great vitamins.” - Luke in “Reunion Battles in Nimbasa!”
“We’re gonna take a short pause for the cause.” - Don George in “Emolga vs. Sawk!”
“Pikachu’s just about to hit the wall.” - Ash in “Club Battle Finale”
“Sure Sherlock.” - Meowth in “Meowth’s Scrafty Tactics!”
“I only ask one eensy beensy little favor." - Meowth in “Purrloin: Sweet or Sneaky?”
“I'm sure the've got gobs of grub there!" - Meowth in “BW 045 (the dub title is so long that I’m not going to bother typing it out)”

Special Best Wishes edition!
“I only ask one eensy beensy little favor." - Meowth in “Purrloin: Sweet or Sneaky?”
I just thought of one on that note, thanks for bringing it up, because that was definitely cringe-worthy!

"Come on baby, don't say maybe!" - Meowth, "Purrloin: Sweet or Sneaky?"

Also...

"You're psyched, we're psyched!" - Cameron, "A Unova League Evolution!"

Sun and Moon edition on my part this time, everyone, some new, recently revealed eye-rollers:

"Ahoy, Ash!" - Rotomdex, "Tough Guy Trials!" (Why is Rotomdex a pirate now?)
"Bling bling!" - Jessie, "Tough Guy Trials!" (Really?! What is this, are we in "the hood" now?)
"Tra-la-la, he-he-he, look at me!" - Jessie, "Tough Guy Trials!" (Speaks for itself)
"You do, you think so too Mimikyu, whoop-de-do!" - Jessie, "Tough Guy Trials!" (See above)
"The top twerp!" - Jessie, "Tough Guy Trials!" (Obligatory alliteration)
"The twerp's toast!" - Meowth, "Tough Guy Trials!" (See above)
"Oh Lycanroc, you're psyched too!" - Ash, "Tough Guy Trials!" ("Psyched")
"Crew cut glasses goo girl..." - Jessie, "Tough Guy Trials!" (...What does this mean?!)

I just thought of one on that note, thanks for bringing it up, because that was definitely cringe-worthy!

"Come on baby, don't say maybe!" - Meowth, "Purrloin: Sweet or Sneaky?"

Also...

"You're psyched, we're psyched!" - Cameron, "A Unova League Evolution!"

Sun and Moon edition on my part this time, everyone, some new, recently revealed eye-rollers:

"Ahoy, Ash!" - Rotomdex, "Tough Guy Trials!" (Why is Rotomdex a pirate now?)
"Bling bling!" - Jessie, "Tough Guy Trials!" (Really?! What is this, are we in "the hood" now?)
"Tra-la-la, he-he-he, look at me!" - Jessie, "Tough Guy Trials!" (Speaks for itself)
"You do, you think so too Mimikyu, whoop-de-do!" - Jessie, "Tough Guy Trials!" (See above)
"The top twerp!" - Jessie, "Tough Guy Trials!" (Obligatory alliteration)
"The twerp's toast!" - Meowth, "Tough Guy Trials!" (See above)
"Oh Lycanroc, you're psyched too!" - Ash, "Tough Guy Trials!" ("Psyched")
"Crew cut glasses goo girl..." - Jessie, "Tough Guy Trials!" (...What does this mean?!)
Wow....so much cringe. I used to think that Jessie’s dialogue was the least offensive, but, after seeing “Bling bling!”, I’m not so sure anymore.

Literally nearly the entire script of the dub of "The Legend of Thunder". Holy sh*t, it is so bad that 4Kids somehow made JCC's scripts look like any flawless script translation.

What is it with the dub and finding the lamest lines that dont fit at all? And some of the titles are bad! I think that SM74, that episodes was full of lame lines a 10-year old would NEVER EVER say, even grown-ups wont!

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom