• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

lamest/most pointless moves

Kinesis maybe? Sometimes I forget it even exists.

in actuality, it barely has existed to begin with. It wasn't even in Red/Green/Blue (except through Metronome or hacking the data), only being added to Yungerer/Foodin's moveset in Yellow, and even then, it could only be found on wild ones (later generations made it possible for those evolved from a Casy to learn it via move re-learners... it was possible in the first two generations with Stadium 2 as well, but it was extremely daunting and far from being practical, let alone worth it for a move that functions no differently from Flash sans a slightly higher accuracy at the time). As of now, it's remained exclusive to just those two Pokemon (from the same evolution line) ever since.

helping hand i never use

but as for false swipe, nothing like a lvl 100 marowak holding a tick club with false swipe
makes any pokemon catchable with pretty much any ball
managed to catch legendaries in regular pokeballs with this and breloom spore

Whenever I see anybody make a topic like this in any forum, there's always one move that nobody ever thinks of: Charge. Let's see here: you use Charge, then the next Electric move becomes twice as powerful. But isn't that basically the same as just using the same Electric move twice? Not to mention, using Charge basically gives away that you're going to use an Electric move, so it just begs the opponent to switch to a Ground-type, which means that using Charge was just a pure waste.

Not to mention that it takes up a valuable moveslot, which can be taken up by a better move in almost all cases.

It's slightly better in Gen IV since it raises Sp. Def, but it still isn't that great of a move. (Does the Sp. Def boost even remain after using the Electric attack?)

To someone who can't use it it seems like this, that's true, but I used it on a Lanturn a lot, I was like this:

Ice Beam
Surf
Thunderbolt
Charge

It require a lot of scouting and predication, but it will often make the opponent to switch, then if you suspect something like Gliscor/Flygon use Ice Beam, if something like Golem/Rhyperior is supspected use Surf.

And you get more Sp.Def (it don't go away:banana:) so it can work, but often it don't work as well as you should hope:-|

any/all status moves ;)

Status moves are actually important. Pokemon isn't all about brute strength, sometimes it's better to status your opponent before you make a move (some Pokemon need to do this).

But then again, it's your opinion, and some status moves (like Growl) are pointless.

Tail whip. I never quite figured out how it lowered defense, but Leer makes sense.

I've said it quite a bit, but Razor Wind really causes me to bring its entire existence into question.
This. Razor Wind is horrible any way you look at it. If it wasn't a two-turn Move, it'd be decent.

Splash was made to emphasize the fact Magikarp (And now a few others) is a joke, a pathetic, sad abomination in the Pokémon World, unable to do shit to save its own life. Also, it can be a good PP wasting move for Wobbuffet.

Constrict is another good example. The lowest Base Power, only hits once, not even perfect Accuracy (Apparently that changed in later games at least). Even in few cases, it isn't a starting Move, and is upstaged by a Move the Pokémon already knows.

Other than that, I can't think of another completely useless Move. Healing Wish, Lunar Dance, Memento, Grudge and Imprison are extremely situational, but they have uses, if isolated, and don't make you completely waste your sacrifice or your using them.

I think this is a VERY easy one.

Feint. Why the hell would you EVER teach a move that ONLY hits when the opponent uses Protect? It only has 60 base power, it's 100% useless in the main game, and what are the odds that your opponent's gonna bring out their protect guy when you have your Pokemon with Feint on? Even if that happens, the amount of damage is miniscule.

Spider Web, Ariados' signature move, but, spinirak allreadly learned Mean look an evolution ago!

Splash
Splash
Splash
Splash
Splash
Splash
Splash
Splash
Foresight.......What is the point of this move again?

Fake out. I swear that's designed only for NPCs to piss you off by wasting the first turn. It might be useful in a double battle to have one Pokemon use it on one of the opponents if you can predict which will attack your ally who's focus punching or something. You might be able to use it on a steadfast ally. Even with those, I'm hard pressed to figure out any worthwhile use. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Foresight.......What is the point of this move again?

To allow Normal and Fighting type moves to hit ghost types.

Hitmontop is the key user of the move in competative battling to allow him to use rapid spin against ghost type to clear entry hazards

Fake out. I swear that's designed only for NPCs to piss you off by wasting the first turn. It might be useful in a double battle to have one Pokemon use it on one of the opponents if you can predict which will attack your ally who's focus punching or something. You might be able to use it on a steadfast ally. Even with those, I'm hard pressed to figure out any worthwhile use. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

You can break Focus Sashes with it.

Mystery Dungeon only, Worry Seed? I just prevents sleep - no other effect.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom