• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Language Help Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamikazen

Spirit of the Divine Wind
Reaction score
I see that we have a Japanese Help Thread in the Land of The Rising Sun Forum. Plus, I know that we have members that speak a foreign language or are learning a foreign language. With all this, I feel that a Foreign Language forum will aid with the learning process and increase the diversity of BMGF members here and possibly outside the forums.

Oh man, UP.

Sometimes, I have a question about French or Spanish, but where do I put it? Not in the Japanese forum. Outside the Box? Entertainment, Inc. if it's a song? My blog, where it'll disappear from view in a few hours?

I just think it'd be nice if the questions could go in one place.

Last edited:
Absolutely, this is an excellent idea, UP.

I love languages, and it would be so nice to have a place for them here.

Instead of just a help forum, why not just a forum for all alternate languages? UP.

For those who are interested to learn a new language, like me, but i want to learn just japanese, but i think this step will be very good, i say UP

Instead of just a help forum, why not just a forum for all alternate languages? UP.

Hmm... I guess this could go better than a plain help forum. This slight revision could be made. :)

I'm all for foreign languages, but I fear this forum would very quickly fall into disuse. Desafortunadamente, DOWN.

I'm with Axle on this one. The Japanese Language Help thread seems to have had some decent activity in February and then inconsistent activity in this month. It isn't used that much.

I think something like this would be nice to have, but it doesn't seem worthy of a (sub?) forum in my opinion. Maybe just the one general thread for help?

I think something like this would be nice to have, but it doesn't seem worthy of a (sub?) forum in my opinion. Maybe just the one general thread for help?

I was thinking maybe a section for languages in general? Instead of just help, you can talk about languages you're learning, discuss different resources, etc. I think that would allow for more activity.

I would vote positively for it if there is enough evidence that it would be active.

Take the PO server for instance. I voted that UP thinking it would be good as there was currently a forum about battling already. It's pretty inactive. Is there an audience out there for this type of forum that would use it consistently?

DOWN

Because I really don't think it's gonna work, and that the forum will die inactive, with maybe an occasional ask for help, and no replies.

A thread in which people speak discuss and speak 10 different languages simultaneously doesn't sound like an elegant idea, really; more like a mess.

I have to agree guys.
Down
It sounds like a good idea at first but in a real life perspective, 20 language mix up on the internet can quickly die off and the thread dieing completely.

I have to agree guys.
Down
It sounds like a good idea at first but in a real life perspective, 20 language mix up on the internet can quickly die off and the thread dieing completely.

Note however that my comment was not on the original idea but a compromise suggestion, though. The original idea was to have a full forum for this thing.

The idea I had in mind was having sub-forums for each language inside the actual Language forum. Kinda like how the Artist's Alcove is divided. Yes, 1 thread with 20 different languages is complete chaos but this ordeal wasn't what I had in mind...

I don't know if this alleviates or strengthens some concerns, questions, and/or confusions that you guys have.

P.S. All of your opinions are really well thought out. Keep it up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom