LanguageSponge says hello

Reaction score
Hi there,

Well, what to say? I started playing pokémon back when Red and Blue were released, and played those a lot until Gold and Silver came out - until my Silver version got nicked and that discouraged me and I stopped playing. I picked pokémon up again when Diamond and Pearl were released, and then moved onto HeartGold when HG and SS were released in the UK. I generally play the games quite slowly because I spend a lot of time looking for specific pokémon, not satisfied with just waiting until I stumble upon it by mere chance. My latest achievement is catching a shiny Absol on Platinum this afternoon, which I thought was pretty cool.

About my nickname - my passion outside of computer games is languages, and I know a fair few pretty well - and when I finish my Russian degree I will use Pokémon and various other games etc to learn Japanese!

LanguageSponge

On a Stranded Shore
Reaction score
About my nickname - my passion outside of computer games is languages, and I know a fair few pretty well - and when I finish my Russian degree I will use Pokémon and various other games etc to learn Japanese!

LanguageSponge
OMG jealous at the bold part. My knowledge of Russian poor but I want to learn more :(

also, welcome to the boards, spongebob :)

Reaction score
Ты говоришь по-русски? Я начал учить русский язык года четыре тому назад :]

Thank you for the welcome. If you wanted to learn some I'd be happy to help you with it or recommend books or so.

LanguageSponge

On a Stranded Shore
Reaction score
I'd love to, but I don't have the time to do so :( one day though, one day.

Reaction score
Okay, well, when you get around to it, feel free to PM me if you want any help or so. And спасибо (thank you) for the welcome, yet again =]

Reaction score
Welcome language sponge!
Interesting username! =)

Miss me?
Reaction score
It says you joined in August of '09. What's up with that?
Anyway, welcome.

<FONT FACE=”vivaldi”>Boo.</FONT FACE>
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

Trajan
Reaction score
Russian! So, read any Nabokov?

Welcome to the forums.

-Beil

Reaction score
Your username makes me think of Spongebob lol!
Hey welcome to the forums and have lots of fun here!! :D

No need for violence...
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! Have fun and enjoy.
Grats on the Absol, and GL with your language studying.

Thanks.

Keep Moving Forward
Reaction score
Приветствовать!

Nice catch, I have a shiny Absol as well. If I remember correctly they are red coloured which is pretty neat.

It's great to see a fan from the original Red and Blue days, but it really is too bad that you missed out on the Generation III games as they were great.

I am going to try and learn some Japanese as well because it would be very useful for the foreign games and anime that I play that is in Japanese. I hope it isn't too hard to learn.

Thanks, and enjoy your time here.