• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

LanguageSponge says hello

LanguageSponge

Reaction score
Hi there,

Well, what to say? I started playing pokémon back when Red and Blue were released, and played those a lot until Gold and Silver came out - until my Silver version got nicked and that discouraged me and I stopped playing. I picked pokémon up again when Diamond and Pearl were released, and then moved onto HeartGold when HG and SS were released in the UK. I generally play the games quite slowly because I spend a lot of time looking for specific pokémon, not satisfied with just waiting until I stumble upon it by mere chance. My latest achievement is catching a shiny Absol on Platinum this afternoon, which I thought was pretty cool.

About my nickname - my passion outside of computer games is languages, and I know a fair few pretty well - and when I finish my Russian degree I will use Pokémon and various other games etc to learn Japanese!

LanguageSponge

About my nickname - my passion outside of computer games is languages, and I know a fair few pretty well - and when I finish my Russian degree I will use Pokémon and various other games etc to learn Japanese!

LanguageSponge

OMG jealous at the bold part. My knowledge of Russian poor but I want to learn more :(

also, welcome to the boards, spongebob :)

Ты говоришь по-русски? Я начал учить русский язык года четыре тому назад :]

Thank you for the welcome. If you wanted to learn some I'd be happy to help you with it or recommend books or so.

LanguageSponge

I'd love to, but I don't have the time to do so :( one day though, one day.

Okay, well, when you get around to it, feel free to PM me if you want any help or so. And спасибо (thank you) for the welcome, yet again =]

Your username makes me think of Spongebob lol!
Hey welcome to the forums and have lots of fun here!! :D

Welcome to the forums! Have fun and enjoy.
Grats on the Absol, and GL with your language studying.

Thanks.

Приветствовать!

Nice catch, I have a shiny Absol as well. If I remember correctly they are red coloured which is pretty neat.

It's great to see a fan from the original Red and Blue days, but it really is too bad that you missed out on the Generation III games as they were great.

I am going to try and learn some Japanese as well because it would be very useful for the foreign games and anime that I play that is in Japanese. I hope it isn't too hard to learn.

Thanks, and enjoy your time here.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom