• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Latest Wild Area Max Raids

That, plus promotion. A “This is what you’re working towards”-type of thing I guess. As far as progress goes, this was posted yesterday:

Hmm, so we're already almost a quarter of the way there and we've still got another week. And activity is probably going to be higher on the weekend. That bodes fairly well, we should reach the goal and maybe even get one or more Armorite Ores.

haha four rare candies in the cram-o-matic go brrrr

If you have the DLC. I don't.

Is anyone else having trouble hosting raid battles? Since this Zeraora contest started, I can sit here for the whole 3 minutes of time and no one comes to join my raid. I finally click out of it when it gets down to the 10 second mark.
I don't seem to have any trouble joining other's battles, so apparently other trainers are making out just fine hosting raids.
I am absolutely at a loss as to why this is happening.

Update: I was poking around on twitter and I have seen some comments from other players saying that the online service is even worse garbage than it usually is, and they can't get anyone to join their raids, either. At least I know now that I'm not the only one experiencing this.
I was just coming to ask the same thing. I've been sitting on a shiny Zeraora raid all day, but I can't find anyone to join me and that thing is nearly impossible to defeat solo. I haven't found a non-shiny one either so IDK, maybe they don't want us to reach the goal? (I know that's probably not the case, but it feels like it)

So, I read a claim on GameFaqs you need a Nintendo Online subscription to get Zeraora. Has anyone else heard anything about that?
I haven't heard that and I don't think it's true. Per the official website:
If the target numbers are reached, you'll be able to claim your Shiny Zeraora and Armorite Ore via the Mystery Gifts menu in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME from Monday, June 29, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. PDT until Monday, July 6, 2020, at 4:59 p.m. PDT. Note that you don't have to have the Expansion Pass to encounter or receive Zeraora. In order to claim these gifts, you must also meet the following condition:
  • You must have deposited a Pokémon in Pokémon HOME or moved a Pokémon to Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield from Pokémon HOME between Wednesday, June 17, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. PDT and Monday, July 6, 2020, at 4:59 p.m. PDT.

Yeah, but why bother with a tougher Zeraora? Again, is there some kind of extra reward for taking them down? I don't just do challenges for the sake of challenges.

Me either, but a lot of people do; I’ve seen many comments, both here and on other forums/Reddit who want the majority of Max Raids to be like the Mewtwo event.

Same goes for lot of the Nuzlock challenges. Unless you have a twitch channel or something, the only real reward is bragging rights and a sense of personal achievement.

I was just coming to ask the same thing. I've been sitting on a shiny Zeraora raid all day, but I can't find anyone to join me and that thing is nearly impossible to defeat solo. I haven't found a non-shiny one either so IDK, maybe they don't want us to reach the goal? (I know that's probably not the case, but it feels like it)

Last night I went online hoping to join some more raids again to help some other trainers out, and now I can't even get the feed to refresh. I even try the trick where you start a Surprise Trade and then you keep checking the raid feed and now I can't even get it to refresh properly to find the Zeraora raids. It just sits there and looks at me. So frustrating!

Last night I went online hoping to join some more raids again to help some other trainers out, and now I can't even get the feed to refresh. I even try the trick where you start a Surprise Trade and then you keep checking the raid feed and now I can't even get it to refresh properly to find the Zeraora raids. It just sits there and looks at me. So frustrating!
The online service has been even more garbage than usual. I've been seeing people saying the same thing all over the internet, in Twitter, Reddit and other pokémon communities. GF wants us to do raids, but then stuff like this happens.

Same thing on my end. By the time the stamps actually refresh, the Zeraora battles are completely filled or the window closed. I've been trying to use the Surprise Trade to keep things current, but it's not working.

Though technically, I don't really have to get involved in anymore battles; I've knocked out three of them and it only really counts as once.

Same thing on my end. By the time the stamps actually refresh, the Zeraora battles are completely filled or the window closed. I've been trying to use the Surprise Trade to keep things current, but it's not working.

Though technically, I don't really have to get involved in anymore battles; I've knocked out three of them and it only really counts as once.

Yeah; I managed to invite a team of three to a 5 star battle a couple days ago. And then tried hosting for a couple others, but eventually had to take them down on my own.

Yesterday I came across a 5 star Shiny Zeraora, couldn’t find anyone to join and got creamed after bringing it’s health down into the yellow

i'd just like to say that i'm not sure how it's possible to make the y-comm worse, but apparently it is. and the 8-digit code and slow feed refresing is why. x.x as if this thing wasn't a pain enough as it is...

Last edited:
The G-max event feels like it has been going on forever... I hope they do a trade evolution event, since we got so many of them with the DLC

I agree. The G-Max event has gone on for a very long time now and we could really use a refresher from it. Plus, thanks to Isle of Armor, getting G-Max Mons are even easier thanks to the Max Soup, so the event is kinda redundant in hindsight (unless you don't have the DLC itself, then that's another story). But, yeah, we could really use a new Max Raid event, as you can only fight the same G-Max Mon so many times before getting burned out from them, especially since they tend to make farming for items like Armonite or whatever it's called harder, and I can't stomach any more Dynamax Candies. So, yeah, a new event like a trade evolution one would be much more fun.

The G-max event is probably to give everyone one last chance to catch them without the DLC to mitigate accusations of locking G-max behind a paywall.

and I can't stomach any more Dynamax Candies.
I had over 900 at one point. After getting all the Pokémon I actually use or might use at level 10 Dynamax I still have over 200 hundred.

The G-max event is probably to give everyone one last chance to catch them without the DLC to mitigate accusations of locking G-max behind a paywall.

I had over 900 at one point. After getting all the Pokémon I actually use or might use at level 10 Dynamax I still have over 200 hundred.

They could always do a micro event where they release 3 or so G-Max Mons as they have done in the past. That way it won't clog up all the dens all the time. I mean, this isn't Snorlax's first go-around, for example, as it's been in three events total now. So they could always just do a mini event where you can catch, say, G-Max Snorlax, Grimmsnarl, and Hatterene, like they've done in the past. That way people could still get the G-Max Mons they want without the DLC, just in smaller bursts. I mean, they were even willing to give us G-Max Pikachu, Eevee, and Meowth, the former two of which initially required saved data from Let's Go, while the latter was a Mystery Gift exclusive, so nothing is stopping GF from making another micro event that'll release a handful of G-Maxes at a time.

As for the Dynamax Candy, I'm maxed out (999) in most of my files, especially since all the Mons I was using that I wanted to use Dynamax Candy on were already maxed out from earlier, so I literally can't take any more Dynamax Candy in a good 12 or so game files.

As for the Dynamax Candy, I'm maxed out (999) in most of my files, especially since all the Mons I was using that I wanted to use Dynamax Candy on were already maxed out from earlier, so I literally can't take any more Dynamax Candy in a good 12 or so game files.
GameFreak really should’ve let us sell those candies.

GameFreak really should’ve let us sell those candies.

That would've been really nice. Think of the moola you could've made by selling Dynamax Candies (though, knowing GF, if they did allow Dynamax Candy to be sold, they'd probably price it at like 10 Pokedollars or something pretty cheap due to how easy it is to farm it). But, yeah, that would've been nice if you could sell excess candy, or maybe even exchange it for Watts. Sadly, that's not the case, so those 999 Dynamax Candies in my 12 or so files are just going to rot in my bag.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom