• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Latest Wild Area Max Raids

Yeah fair, but the way his weather teams were structured seemed like it was meant for him to be considered a super-boss. Plus I also forgot about Cynthia in BW and BW2
I also discovered that N had the highest leveled team in B2W2, but the way his team is structured make him easier than Iris. Cynthia also slipped my mind, so I guess there have been only 3 super bosses in the whole main series.

Not gonna lie, I hate the Mewtwo raids. I've been in five so far, and it completely SLAUGHTERED me every single time!!!
Yeah uh you really can't screw around at all. Probably the rudest thing is that every variant has a fire move, and it's of course Psychic, so you can't bring the doggies or Eternatus.

Did it just now with a friend. We had two Mewtwos on our side, a Marshadow (practical necessity against instashield for Spectral Thief, still helpful if Taunt wears off during a shield), and the Grimmsharl I prepped for it (extremely useful for Prankster Taunt). Surprisingly we pulled it off, in part because it played nice. Light Screen made everything but Marshadow tanky, and it only went down twice. Didn't think we'd manage, but yeah. You do need to prep for it kind of specifically

Seeing how no one has mentioned this, I might as well. There are new Max Raid Battles out. G-Max Snorlax is back (sigh... yay), along with G-Max Machamp and G-Max Gengar, replacing the ones such as Kingler and Hatterene. This is the same for both Sword and Shield, though Machamp shows up more in Sword at 5 Star levels while Gengar appears more in Shield at 5 Star levels (considering the Gym Leaders, Bea and Allister, that use them are version exclusive, it makes sense), but from 4 Star and lower they're pretty much identical.

I missed Snorlax because my team was very weak when it came out, and I thought that Snorlax wouldn't come back on over a year so I prepared a spare Giga-Kingler and Giga-Toxtricity for trade, but now that Snorlax is back it seems I don't have to give away those :cool: unless you have a Giga-Coalossal.

Machamp is another neat surprise, as it's available to Shield too and is one of the better looking ones.

Maybe you can do all of them on one day but it's not exactly a bad way to wait for Nutty boi aka Melmetal.

So I've been playing the Shield version and I just found Sirfetch'd and Male Indeedee in max raid battles. I wasn't even connected to the internet and I thought those were Sword exclusives. So, is this a bug? Has anyone else experienced this?

I have to admit I rather like this new event. I was forced to restart a Sword playthrough on my Switch Lite due to it glitching up (though I successfully retrieved everything of worth, mostly putting any Mons in Home), and since it was hooked up to my Nintendo Online account, I was able to retrieve some of the Mystery Gifts I had lost as well as partake in this event. I'm only just at Motostoke but I've already caught 2 Pinchurins (one with a HA) and a HA Galarian Corsola, even though all three were only 1-Star Max Raids. I'm keeping the Corsola, as I've been wanting to try one, and I might keep the non-HA Pinchurin, as it has the better nature (either Brave or Sassy, I believe, compared to the HA one's Timid, so it'll be fine due to its already dismal Speed), but we'll see. Not to mention all the vendor trash items and fossils, the latter of which will pay off nicely when I can get access to Cara without needing to grind Watts for the Digging Duo. On top of that I also caught a Karrablast and Shelmet, which, with the help of my main Switch, managed to evolve them into Escavalier and Accelagor, with the former now a party member due to having a very good nature and ability (Adamant and its HA Overcoat). So, yeah, I like this event, as I've been raking in the good Mons like mad, which is very helpful with this restarted playthrough.

I was shocked when I saw the news, as I thought it was replacing the current Snorlax event and due to some limitations I haven't catched any of the 3 Gigantamax so I would have had to go alone through all of them.

But thankfully that wasn't the case. This is a very cool event, and is probably intended as a godsend to people without NSO who are in their homes. Items like the fossils and the Flapple apple are great gifts. One week is not enough for everything this event has to offer, but I'll do my best.

So, the newest Max Raid Battle events are live. Snorlax, Machamp, and Gengar have left the building. We are now doing G-Max Charizard, G-Max Garbodor, G-Max Copperajah, and G-Max Duraladon. Outside of them and their pre-evolutions, there are no other Mons that will be available in this event. Also, in the 5-Star Max Raid Battles, Copperajah and Duraladon are exclusive to Sword, while Garbodor and Charizard are exclusive to Shield. Outside of them, however, the events are pretty much identical in 4-Star Raids and lower.

Forgive the double post but I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet. So, here we go.

A new Max Raid event started on Friday for Easter, which is combined with the previous event. Now, you have an increased chance of finding various baby Mons like Pichu and Riolu, alongside Ditto, along with several items like the EV boosters, Boiled Egg curry ingredients, and Lucky Eggs. The event goes on until April 15th, so if anyone wants some baby Mons and maybe some high-quality Dittos, this is your chance to snag them while they last.

I just obtained Ditto and the EV items literally two weeks ago -________- Well, at least I haven't caught Mime Jr., Pichu, Cleffa and Riolu, hopefully the odds will be on my favor. I don't get why it only lasts 5 days though.

I am very happy with this event since there's no easy way to obtain BP without grinding the Battle Tower (or even worse at least for me) do online battles. So getting those EV training items was going to be hard. Also the 5 star Dittos are great, I haven't got one of those yet. I don't really care for the babies since I completed the pokedex ages ago. Also I just want Charizard to stop appearing in dens.

A new event is live. Garbodor, Copperajah, and Charizard have left the building, now being replaced with Rotom, Excadrill, Togekiss, and more, all of which are usually used in competitive battles. Both Sword and Shield pretty much have the same thing, the only difference is that Sword has Rotom Heat while Shield has Rotom Wash. It goes on until May 11th. So, if anyone wants Mons that are common in competitive battles, or are just plain hard to find, now's your chance.

Giant Nut where are you? :cry:

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't distribute that one in the usual way, with it being a Mythical Pokémon and having such strong ties to GO and all. Personally I think it's a little conspicuous that GO/Home connectivity still hasn't been implemented - perhaps that has something to do with it? Maybe it will be a reward for utilizing that feature, kind of like the annual Pokémon Bank subscription gifts they used to give out.

ehhhhhhh don't have strong feelings about the current raid events. iirc dragapult is also one of the dyanamx 'mons and i already have that one and excadrill as well as rotom. i feel like the biggest reason for me personally to get into this would be togekiss, and i'm debating whether or not it's worth hunting that.

I hate Whimsicott and don't care for Rotom, so I've been trying to get Togekiss and Dragapult, but they are so hard! Near impossible playing alone and if you play with others the catch rate drop makes them impossible to catch.
If this was GF's idea of a fun mechanic they were very wrong. It's annoying and rage-inducing.

I hate Whimsicott and don't care for Rotom, so I've been trying to get Togekiss and Dragapult, but they are so hard! Near impossible playing alone and if you play with others the catch rate drop makes them impossible to catch.
If this was GF's idea of a fun mechanic they were very wrong. It's annoying and rage-inducing.
For dragapult, I used a choice specs EV-trained eternatus, for togekiss, use swords dance on zacian and hope the stat boost won't be resetted, it worked well for me offline but I still failed to catch most of them.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom