• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Latest Wild Area Max Raids

caught a g-max shiny meowth, but honestly? it's probably the more disappointing g-max shiny to me. there's even less of a difference (to me, that is) than even g-max pikachu. @__@; still though, i suppose it's nice to have...

Ugh, I'm still hunting for shiny Gmax Eevee... I really want to get all three shinys but I might not be able to get them all in time.

Ugh, I'm still hunting for shiny Gmax Eevee... I really want to get all three shinys but I might not be able to get them all in time.

if you don't manage to find one, let me know! i believe i have a spare one i can trade you. :>

I have fought like 100 Meowths, no shinys yet. Does anyone know shiny odds for this event? Pikachu I got 2 in like 30 or 40 battles, this seems unlikely to be just bad luck and seems like substantially lower odds, am I wrong?

if you don't manage to find one, let me know! i believe i have a spare one i can trade you. :>
I was hoping to find one, but I opened my mystery gifts and that updated my Wild Area, which I didn’t realize would happen, so I’ll take you up on that offer. I don’t have any shinys I’m willing to trade, though I do have several good Pokémon with their HA. Alternatively, I could hunt for a shiny Gmax Meowth and trade it to you once I get one.

I was hoping to find one, but I opened my mystery gifts and that updated my Wild Area, which I didn’t realize would happen, so I’ll take you up on that offer. I don’t have any shinys I’m willing to trade, though I do have several good Pokémon with their HA. Alternatively, I could hunt for a shiny Gmax Meowth and trade it to you once I get one.

nah idc what you trade me, this is a dupe anyway so trade me whatever, haha. i'll pm you the arrangements so we don't clutter up this thread. :>

I assume everyone knows about the Zeraora raids. I’m a little underwhelmed by them, was expecting them to be more like the Mewtwo raids ( perhaps slightly easier because of type coverage) But they’re very easy.
ive had a few that are only three star but even five stars I’ve managed to solo with little issue.

I guess they are desperate to give away the Shiny Zeraora.

I've defeated three Zeraora today but I've been doing it solo since I don't have a Nintendo Subscription, making me wonder if it's even counting for the target or not.
Edit: Wow, the Shiny Zeraora are much tougher, maybe Mewtwo-level. They also seem to get four attacks and most of them are instant KOs against the AI helpers. May not be winnable alone without godly luck.

Last edited:
I assume everyone knows about the Zeraora raids. I’m a little underwhelmed by them, was expecting them to be more like the Mewtwo raids ( perhaps slightly easier because of type coverage) But they’re very easy.
ive had a few that are only three star but even five stars I’ve managed to solo with little issue.

I guess they are desperate to give away the Shiny Zeraora.

I haven’t come across one yet (I was on IoA yesterday, and seemed to be getting mostly Chancey); but I imagine they want it to be somewhat easy since there’s a promotion attached to it.

I haven’t come across one yet (I was on IoA yesterday, and seemed to be getting mostly Chancey); but I imagine they want it to be somewhat easy since there’s a promotion attached to it.
Three and four stars are easy. Regular five stars are manageable. But the five star shinies are a bear. I managed to get in on one last night and all four of us couldn't take it down. We barely did anything to it!

So yeah, if you're in a Max Raid battle and your Zeraora sparkles, you're gonna be in for a bad time.

Is anyone else having trouble hosting raid battles? Since this Zeraora contest started, I can sit here for the whole 3 minutes of time and no one comes to join my raid. I finally click out of it when it gets down to the 10 second mark.
I don't seem to have any trouble joining other's battles, so apparently other trainers are making out just fine hosting raids.
I am absolutely at a loss as to why this is happening.

Update: I was poking around on twitter and I have seen some comments from other players saying that the online service is even worse garbage than it usually is, and they can't get anyone to join their raids, either. At least I know now that I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Last edited:
I think we reached the goal on Zeraora. I just started up another Zeraora raid and a shiny one showed up (we still can't catch them though). Since legendaries are typically shiny locked I think they programmed this in as an indicator that we reached the 1 million goal.

JteVEKT.jpg

I think we reached the goal on Zeraora. I just started up another Zeraora raid and a shiny one showed up (we still can't catch them though). Since legendaries are typically shiny locked I think they programmed this in as an indicator that we reached the 1 million goal.

JteVEKT.jpg
I believe shiny Zeraora were encounter-able from the very beginning of the event, not shiny-locked.

Really? So then what's the point of programming it in? We can't catch the ones that appear in the Max Raid battles so what's the point? Better drops?
To my understanding, the shiny Zeraora raids are much harder than the regular Zeraora raids.

To my understanding, the shiny Zeraora raids are much harder than the regular Zeraora raids.

Yeah, but why bother with a tougher Zeraora? Again, is there some kind of extra reward for taking them down? I don't just do challenges for the sake of challenges.

That, plus promotion. A “This is what you’re working towards”-type of thing I guess. As far as progress goes, this was posted yesterday:

I just want some Armorite Ore so I can pay off the Digging Pa... but every time, I get two 5-star Zeraora in my raid spawns that I struggle to take out on my own, and have trouble getting people to join in on. And that’s on top of the G-Max event spawns that are already glutting up my pool. I cannot functionally receive any more Dynamax Candy.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom