• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Latest Wild Area Max Raids

I'm glad we get Ore now and, from the looks of things, lots of treasure items like comet bits and nuggets.
I wonder what this theorized Crown Tundra Armoite equivalent is for though...(give Hidden Ability change please I got a Scizor from a purple raid with great stats but I'd really prefer Technician to Light Metal).

A possibility I've seen floated which I think is quite likely is that it might be used for Dynamax Adventures.

Though there was something else datamined that gets sorted between the Ability Capsule and the mints in the item index, and so might be used for changing some element.

It's a weird coincidence how I trained an excadrill just for gmax toxtricity, then zeraora happened and that excadrill was a murderer, and now this mine themed event, there should a "sky" theme max raid event to make up for my luck, unless that event will have duraludon and butterfree (my excadrill has rock slide), which will be hilarious.
A possibility I've seen floated which I think is quite likely is that it might be used for Dynamax Adventures.

Though there was something else datamined that gets sorted between the Ability Capsule and the mints in the item index, and so might be used for changing some element.
A gender-swapping item?

With mints and max soup I can't think of anything other than HA you'd want to change but currently can't except sex (not gonna happen) or Shiny status.

It's a weird coincidence how I trained an excadrill just for gmax toxtricity, then zeraora happened and that excadrill was a murderer, and now this mine themed event, there should a "sky" theme max raid event to make up for my luck, unless that event will have duraludon and butterfree (my excadrill has rock slide), which will be hilarious.
Same with me except it was a Rhydon (never found a Rhyperior raid) that moved from Toxtricity to Zeraora--he was even better because Zeraora has more single target electric moves for Rhydon to hoover up with Lightning Rod.

I'd be pretty annoyed if the Crown Tundra Armorite equivalent was for a Hidden Ability capsule or some other desirable QoL thing like that. Isle of Armor already has a few features in it, such as the Max Soup, that I feel should have been in the base game. Perhaps this is just me being bitter, but I don't want more QoL features basically "locked" behind a paywall because it sets an unfortunate precedent in my opinion. Imagine, for example, if the nature mints, Hyper Training, and/or Camp were only available in the DLC.

Rant aside, I swear I have the worst Raid luck. I have spent this entire month hunting for a shiny Gmax Meowth, and am still hunting. At least I have become super rich in watts (over five million), candies, and cash.

As for me, I have to rely on whether or not a raid drops Armorite Ore, though I still have quite a lot, but I just want to get over 2 million Watts without having to keep relying on luck.

I’m a bit confused. I’ve been getting Armorite Ore in max raid battles since IoA came out, and it hasn’t increased or anything since this event started so what exactly is new with it in regards to rewards?

I’m a bit confused. I’ve been getting Armorite Ore in max raid battles since IoA came out, and it hasn’t increased or anything since this event started so what exactly is new with it in regards to rewards?

All raids that naturally generate in the Isle of Armor reward you with Ore, except for event-boosted raids like the recent Gigantamax spam or Zeraora raids. Those only gave out their designated rewards (in both cases, just a lot of Dynamax Candy), even if they spawned on the Isle. This newest raid event, with a focus on Rock-, Ground-, and Steel-type Pokémon, includes Armorite Ore as one of its own designated rewards, so for the time being, every raid that generates on the Isle will reward you with Ore, even if it's an event-boosted raid. Furthermore, event-boosted raids that generate in the mainland Wild Area will also give out the Ore reward, because again, Ore is part of the designated pool of rewards for these specific event raid battles.

More technically, it seems that this event was always meant to give out Armorite Ore as a reward, but there was a problem at first that caused the game to draw upon an item from the index that doesn't exist yet, which led to game crashes. GF fixed that by removing the offending element, and then adjusted the reward pool again to include Armorite Ore properly.

Rant aside, I swear I have the worst Raid luck. I have spent this entire month hunting for a shiny Gmax Meowth, and am still hunting. At least I have become super rich in watts (over five million), candies, and cash.

i kind of wonder if there's a difference between raid shiny gmax meowth and just breeding a shiny meowth and giving it the max soup. the latter seems like it would be significantly easier.

i kind of wonder if there's a difference between raid shiny gmax meowth and just breeding a shiny meowth and giving it the max soup. the latter seems like it would be significantly easier.

Simple: it's not possible. Meowth has a regional variant in these games. Even if you were to breed a regular Meowth (like the Meowth you get in a trade for a Galarian one in Turffield) for such a thing, its egg would produce its regional variant instead, as Galarain Meowth would override the normal one. That's how regional variants work when it comes to breeding. As such, even if you were to use a normal variant for breeding, you would always get the regional one upon hatching, thus that's why @SpinyShell is trying to get a shiny one via Max Raids, as it's the only way to get one. Trust me, I've tested it, as I tried breeding a regular Stunfisk only to get a Galarian Stunfisk from its egg. Thus, it's not possible to breed for a shiny regular Meowth because the regional variant overrides it upon producing the egg. That's just how it works.

Simple: it's not possible. Meowth has a regional variant in these games. Even if you were to breed a regular Meowth (like the Meowth you get in a trade for a Galarian one in Turffield) for such a thing, its egg would produce its regional variant instead, as Galarain Meowth would override the normal one. That's how regional variants work when it comes to breeding. As such, even if you were to use a normal variant for breeding, you would always get the regional one upon hatching, thus that's why @SpinyShell is trying to get a shiny one via Max Raids, as it's the only way to get one. Trust me, I've tested it, as I tried breeding a regular Stunfisk only to get a Galarian Stunfisk from its egg. Thus, it's not possible to breed for a shiny regular Meowth because the regional variant overrides it upon producing the egg. That's just how it works.

ah, i forgot about the weird regional variant breeding mechanics. shame, i thought there would be an alternative way to get them.

ah, i forgot about the weird regional variant breeding mechanics. shame, i thought there would be an alternative way to get them.

That's okay, I forgot about that little thing, too, as evident by my Stunfisk example, which ultimately reminded me that it doesn't work. But, yeah, that's the way breeding Mons with regional variants work. Can be a royal pain at times, but that's just how it goes.

Yeah, the only difference between the two methods is that the latter flat out was not available prior to release of IoA. In fact, I’m not even sure we knew the exact mechanics of Max Soup while the G-Max Meowth Raids were running. Other than that, you can just use an Everstone (something I also only recently discovered lol).

considering whether to partake in these or give them a pass. shiny wailord isn't particularly interesting to me =x
So am I. I like the species but its shiny is just a member of the "pink/purple" ones. Also its capture chances make me worried since there's no way I'm spending 50+Wishing Stars so I plan on joining others' raids.

I'm also debating partaking in this raid event. It seems like I'll have an easier time getting a shiny Wailord than a shiny Gmax Meowth, but on the other hand I've spent over a month hunting for said Meowth and part of me can't let go until I succeed.

I think I'll pass on this one, too. Sure, a near-guaranteed shiny is nice and all, but I tend to dislike the Mons that have pink, purple, or magenta shinies. They tend to be rather ugly to me. It's times like this I really wish GF had given Wailord a pure white colored shiny as a play on Moby Dick. Sure, it's not the same species of whale as Moby Dick, but that's minor point, and it's not like GF hasn't pulled stuff like that before. But, yeah, I might just skip this one and keep the previous Max Raid event going. At least until something better comes along, that is.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom