• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Latest Wild Area Max Raids

It's times like this I really wish GF had given Wailord a pure white colored shiny as a play on Moby Dick. Sure, it's not the same species of whale as Moby Dick, but that's minor point, and it's not like GF hasn't pulled stuff like that before.

I'd personally like a dark blue ir a gray one to reference blimps.
But, yeah, I might just skip this one and keep the previous Max Raid event going. At least until something better comes along, that is.
This doesn't override the mining event, that one ends on July 30th. This event mons also give Armorite ore.

We now have a new event featuring Water and Ground types, with G-Max Drednaw and G-Max Sandaconda being the focal point.

These type-themed events are so boring. I wish they'd do more interesting events like the baby pokémon one or the version exclusives. I'm still hoping they do a trade evolution event.

These type-themed events are so boring. I wish they'd do more interesting events like the baby pokémon one or the version exclusives. I'm still hoping they do a trade evolution event.
I'm wondering if all these type-themed events are happening because TPCi/Game Freak ran out of decent Max Raid ideas. That would stink on ice if true.

I'm wondering if all these type-themed events are happening because TPCi/Game Freak ran out of decent Max Raid ideas. That would stink on ice if true.
I get that they want us to do raids but now that Gigamax soup is a thing, having just different types-gigamax forms in the raids is not much of an incentive. At least have increased shiny odds or hard-to-get hidden abilities or more events with mythical pokémon like the Zeraora one or something

Marsh MadnessKeldeo?Seismitoad, Politoed, Poliwrath, Gastrodon, Carnivine, LudicoloN/ABlack Sludge
I kinda got the theme right but all but one Pokemon wrong.

Me from May would have really appreciated the Milotic and the Rhyperior.

Apparently we won't see any featured Pokemon from Armor for now. Maybe when Crown launches...

I'm wondering if all these type-themed events are happening because TPCi/Game Freak ran out of decent Max Raid ideas.

Is any corner of Pokémon safe from the "out of ideas" accusation?

I think it's pretty evident that they just intend to have a baseline set of boosted species rotating each month, with the more unique/remarkable events being a more occasional thing. It probably takes very little effort to set these events up, so why not have a couple of variable raids going at all times?

I get that they want us to do raids but now that Gigamax soup is a thing, having just different types-gigamax forms in the raids is not much of an incentive. At least have increased shiny odds or hard-to-get hidden abilities or more events with mythical pokémon like the Zeraora one or something

1. Not everyone will have bought the DLC, so it's still helpful for people who don't to have more reliable access to Gigantamax Pokémon. Under normal circumstances, they are incredibly rare spawns. (Milotic is also a solid choice for this kind of event since, outside of normal raid generation, it only appears in the overworld in certain parts of the Wild Area when it's foggy, and otherwise requires a trade in order to obtain).

2. We probably will see more Shiny boosted events, but I don't think they'd want those to become commonplace. The whole point of them is that you're being given a brief window for a good chance at a Shiny that would otherwise require a lot of time or luck to obtain. Much like the Apricorn Balls, I think they clearly want to maintain a sense of rarity for Shinies instead of handing them out like candy. (Compare this to Pokémon GO, where Shinies are given out in absolute abundance - how special is that Shiny Charizard when you can get like 30 on a good Community Day, and where raid Legendaries like Rayquaza and such usually have a 1/20 chance of being Shiny?)

3. I'm pretty sure that all raids by default have a decent chance at having their Hidden Ability anyway?

4. They probably will, but again, I wouldn't expect Mythical events to become super common. They're meant to be special occasions. Plus, the game is only just coming up on being a year old. There's still lots of time for SwSh to be the "current" game.

Last edited:
New Max Raid event focusing on the Pikachu family. Pichu, Pikachu (Shiny boosted), Raichu, and Alolan Raichu (edit: aww, and Mimikyu) are spawning. Lasts until August 9.

Last edited:
I just got a near-perfect IV hidden ability Alolan Raichu about half an hour ago. Even then, it’s HP is labeled “Very Good,” so it only needs one Bottle Cap and a nature-changing mint to reach its full potential!

Heh, Team Rocket would love this Max Raid event. Why keep chasing after Ash's Pikachu when they can catch their own super-powerful one via a Max Raid? It would sure save them some trouble. But, then again, Max Raid Mons can be pretty tough, and they have enough trouble with Mons-of-the-week, so it'd be safe to say that they'd get blasted off every time they try. But, hey, stranger things have happened before. *chuckles*

Heh, Team Rocket would love this Max Raid event. Why keep chasing after Ash's Pikachu when they can catch their own super-powerful one via a Max Raid? It would sure save them some trouble. But, then again, Max Raid Mons can be pretty tough, and they have enough trouble with Mons-of-the-week, so it'd be safe to say that they'd get blasted off every time they try. But, hey, stranger things have happened before. *chuckles*
They are not hacked Pikachu, though.

The Pikachu event is over now; we’re back to the Water- and Ground-type event now.

Can we please get a new event? This one's been running for like, a month and I've gotten sick of seeing the same damn Pokemon in Max Raid battles for this long.

It ends tomorrow. But seeing how events are now I'm expecting just random Pokemon from Psychic and Fairy types.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom