• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Latest Wild Area Max Raids

Okay, new month means new Max Raid event. This time it's all about Bugs and Poison Mons, with ones such as Croagunk, Shuckle, Ninjask, Oddish, and the two stars of the event: G-Max Butterfree and G-Max Garbodor taking the center stage, putting an end to the previous ghostly ghouls mischief. Make sure you pack plenty of Antidotes and Net Balls or you'll be out of luck in this event. And let's hope you don't run into any Contrary Shuckles or you'll be in for a rough ride.

EDIT: Also, before I forget, this event has an extra incentive for Sword players, as it allows them to get the version exclusive Croagunk, which is normally only found in Shield (Scraggy being its version counterpart). So, if any Sword player doesn't have Croagunk yet can now have a chance to catch one without the need for trading, especially newcomers.

Last edited:
We have a new event this weekend. It’s centered around Skwovet and gives you a ton of berries; even rare ones! You also have the chance to get a shiny Skwovet if you’re lucky. The event lasts until the weekend ends.

I know it's not a big thing but it's continually been a small pleasure to see what sort of Pokémon they choose for the events with seasonal themes. Squirrels stocking up for the winter, as well as mushrooms are great choices for November - far better than this month's standard event selection (assorted Bug types and Poison types).

That said, kind of a shame there's still no turkey Pokémon yet.

Also, I think they missed a trick by leaving the Deerling line out of SwSh. That would have been an easy year-round inclusion and would allow people without a Gen 5 game or GO to obtain the non-Spring Forms for once.

We have a new event this weekend. It’s centered around Skwovet and gives you a ton of berries; even rare ones! You also have the chance to get a shiny Skwovet if you’re lucky. The event lasts until the weekend ends.

shiny Skwovet seems to be proving very elusive for me. Was really hoping to find two but would just be happy with one now!

Has anyone had any problems actually capturing the Shiny Skwovet? It's harder to find than the previous shiny event Pokemon have been for me, but I can't seem to capture one despite the high capture rate. I've used Dusk Balls, Repeat Balls and a Love Ball on a female one only for them to pop out immediately. I'm normally able to find these guaranteed Shiny Max Raid Pokemon with not too much problem and capture one for each version, but now I might not get the Shiny Skwovet at this rate.

Supposedly the capture rate for hosting was guaranteed but for other participants was lowest possible.

I didn’t manage to get one, little disappointed but wasn’t one I was absolutely desperate to get.

The Shiny Skwovet raid is over; it's back to being Bug-type and Poison-type Pokémon for the rest of November.

Supposedly the capture rate for hosting was guaranteed but for other participants was lowest possible.

I didn’t manage to get one, little disappointed but wasn’t one I was absolutely desperate to get.

That would make sense, but it's so strange since I've been usually able to get the guaranteed Shiny Pokemon through these Max Raid events by jumping into other people's Max Raids relatively fine. Part of the problem could have been that regular Skwovet had a noticeably higher percentage of appearing compared to other events. I'm sorry that you weren't able to get one. I was able to catch one in Sword, but not in Shield despite going through Max Raids nearly all day yesterday.

That would make sense, but it's so strange since I've been usually able to get the guaranteed Shiny Pokemon through these Max Raid events by jumping into other people's Max Raids relatively fine. Part of the problem could have been that regular Skwovet had a noticeably higher percentage of appearing compared to other events. I'm sorry that you weren't able to get one. I was able to catch one in Sword, but not in Shield despite going through Max Raids nearly all day yesterday.

This ties into a theory I heard from a podcaster I follow; the idea is that they’re tweaking engagement by “forcing” people to change how they typically interact with the game.

So, people who normally just jump on, join a raid and then disengage might feel more compelled to host instead, then stick around for a few more rounds to help other people have a chance to host and capture. The higher encounter percentage (and decent shiny odds) would make it feel a little less of a grind as well.

And there’s a lot of passive information they can gather from events like this. How many people actively use the online feature, how frequently people play online, what types of events garner the most engagement... and that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

For the record, I totally missed the event. I recently started another playthrough on my secondary profile (to snag the the other Regi and Urshifu). By the time I remembered the event, it was over.

This ties into a theory I heard from a podcaster I follow; the idea is that they’re tweaking engagement by “forcing” people to change how they typically interact with the game.

So, people who normally just jump on, join a raid and then disengage might feel more compelled to host instead, then stick around for a few more rounds to help other people have a chance to host and capture. The higher encounter percentage (and decent shiny odds) would make it feel a little less of a grind as well.

And there’s a lot of passive information they can gather from events like this. How many people actively use the online feature, how frequently people play online, what types of events garner the most engagement... and that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

For the record, I totally missed the event. I recently started another playthrough on my secondary profile (to snag the the other Regi and Urshifu). By the time I remembered the event, it was over.

Personally, I prefer jumping into other people's Raid Battles than hosting my own, mainly because I don't usually have a lot of Max Raid Dens with the event Pokemon. I tried using different Wishing Pieces in dens for this event, but that felt too tedious and I didn't get any results either. Plus, it usually still takes me a couple of tries to find the Shiny Pokemon and be able to catch it, so it's rarely a quick and easy process.

Although, I wouldn't mind that too much if they either slightly improved the odds of the Shiny Pokemon or reduced the chances of encountering the regular Pokemon. A regular Skwovet having a thirty-three percent chance of appearing really made this event feel too uneven for me. It made it far more difficult to find this guaranteed Shiny Pokemon than it should have been. Giving the Shiny Pokemon a five or maybe even ten percent chance of appearing would feel a bit more fair if they do want more people to host Raids instead of primarily jumping into them.

A new Max Raid event is live. This one focuses on Ice and Fire Mons, with G-Max Lapras and G-Max Centiscorch being the centerpieces. Other Mons include Kantonian Ponyta, Weavile, Turtonator, and Bergmite. It last until December 31st (though we can most likely expect a mini event sometime this month like always, probably a Christmas-based one, given it's December). Get your Yule Logs ready and dress warmly, as you're gonna get some decent freezer burn from this one.

Maybe also Porygon2 so we could catch the entirety of the Porygon family ourselves.

Can't help but feel like they missed a trick by not using Galarian and Unovan Darmanitan instead of Weavile and Rapidash.

Last edited:
I remember there being Delibird raids around this time of year, which was clearly a holiday-themed event. However, we’re just two days away from Christmas Eve, and we’re still on the default monthly raid. Are we not getting a special Holiday raid this year?

I remember there being Delibird raids around this time of year, which was clearly a holiday-themed event. However, we’re just two days away from Christmas Eve, and we’re still on the default monthly raid. Are we not getting a special Holiday raid this year?

Historically, I don't think they've announced the special weekend events in advance - we find out about them on the same day they begin. So I think we'll find out either Thursday evening or Friday.

Just like ever other month, we now have a limited time Max Raid event starting up tomorrow (it's already active in Japan). This one is, as expected, a Christmas/holiday theme. Taking center stage are Chandelure, Frosmoth, Jynx, Alolan Vulpix, and Santa Birdbrain itself, Delibird. The event runs for the weekend, as expected, and there is also a 2% chance of finding a square shiny Alolan Vulpix in the 5 Star raids. It also grants more valuable items like Star Pieces and Comet Shards being dropped at the end of each battle, with Delibird's also giving things like Ice Stones. So, it's time to get into your red suits, load up your sleigh, and call upon Rudolph the red-nosed Stantler to guide your way through this event.

...Okay, I'll stop with the corny jokes. Maybe. Anyway, tis the season for raids in the snow.

While I haven’t got the square shiny of Alolan Vulpix yet, I did end up getting a 6IV one through another person’s raid today.

While I haven’t got the square shiny of Alolan Vulpix yet, I did end up getting a 6IV one through another person’s raid today.

Strange coincidence I got a 6IV one from a raid as well (No HA but I already have a A!Ninetales with Snow Warning anyway)

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom