• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Latest Wild Area Max Raids

I'm glad that they're giving people more time to get the Cramorant and having another event where people battle a Pokemon for prizes is pretty neat. I wish that the rewards were a bit more appealing though. Getting Orbs or Bottle Caps is still neat.

I’ve found that getting bottle caps is so easy in Sword/Shield that it really sticks out as a bit of a naff prize for an event, I’d have preferred it to be some of the apricorn/sport/safari balls personally.

I’ve found that getting bottle caps is so easy in Sword/Shield that it really sticks out as a bit of a naff prize for an event, I’d have preferred it to be some of the apricorn/sport/safari balls personally.

I can sort of see the appeal for these prizes... for people who don't already have the Expansion Pass, without which the Toxic and Flame Orbs are fairly hard to come by, the Light Ball has to be nicked off of wild Pikachu with a 5% chance of holding one, and hey a Gold Bottle Cap sure why not...

... but when you can just chuck the right things into the Cram-o-matic and get all of those for almost no trouble, what's the real incentive? (Well, other than the Shiny Cramorant, but that's not locked behind a target goal that people are encouraged to work towards.)

Then again, I can't imagine how much Armorite/Dynite Ore non-DLC players have amassed from all of these raid events and now have no use for, so...

Getting some of the rare Pokeballs would have certainly be nice. Gold Bottle Caps are still pretty hard to come by, but regular Bottle Caps are pretty easy to find. It is kind of hard to make items really worthwhile as a event prize after getting a Shiny Legendary Pokemon the last time, but they definitely could have found a way to make the prizes more appealing even if they didn't want to hand out another Shiny Pokemon.

I rarely post here but I felt like I had to share this luck of mine.

I was joining Cramorant raid battles when I could at 5* in the hopes of getting a shiny. Finally, I came across one, I felt sooooo lucky. Then, on a whim, I saw that somebody was hosting a Drifblim raid battle, and what do you know, IT WAS SHINY!!! What are the chances?? I had been trying for a while to get a shiny Drifblim out of dynamax adventures, but hadn't had luck. So this just felt like... Idk, too good to be true.

Looks like it hasn't been reported yet so I'll do it. There is a new Max Raid event going on now. It's another temporary weekend-based on. It's time for some flower power as multiple flowery Grass Mons (and Comfey) take center stage. There are no special G-Max Mons this time around, but there is a chance for a shiny Lilligant in the 5 Star Raids. Other Mons include the Oddish family, Cherrubi, Fomantis, and the aforementioned Lilligant and Comfey. This is a good opportuntiy for those who don't have the Expansion Pass to get Mons like Fomatis/Lurantus, Lilligant, and Comfey. This event lasts until Monday, like most weekend events. Players with hay fever and pollen allergies better be careful of this one. But now's the time to get some new blooming buddies in your ranks.

It seems like we have a new monthly raid shift, but… it’s just a bunch of Magikarps that can’t be caught for some reason.

It seems like we have a new monthly raid shift, but… it’s just a bunch of Magikarps that can’t be caught for some reason.
So Pokemon finally used the meme as a thing in the games.

I’m assuming it’s probably just going to be for a couple of days as an April fools.

Okay, with the joke Max Raid over with, we're now entering a new Max Raid event. Time to panic like Wade Duck, as the bunny rabbits is coming! We have some wascally wabbits turning our Max Raid dens into wabbit holes. Bunneary, Marill, and Bunnelby, along with their respective evolved forms, have taken over for an Easter themed event, with a shiny Azumarill being the chase prize this time. This event will go on for the next few days like all special events. Time to hop down the bunny trail and catch some bouncy bunnies to add to our collection.

...Okay, I'll stop now. Maybe.

G-Max Libero Cinderace not being catchable is the real April Fool's prank

I really wish they would've given Lopunny the shiny instead of Azumarill. I always thought if they were to do an Easter event we'd get shiny Lopunny and it's definitely a better choice than Azumarill because Lopunny is hot Azumarill doesn't really scream rabbit. I mean really, aside from the long ears (which a lot of other species can have), is there anything about Azumarill that would identify it as a rabbit?

Azumarill is shaped like an egg so it wasn't a surprise for me.

What's more surprising is that we 're kinda getting many special events in a row.
G-Max Libero Cinderace not being catchable is the real April Fool's prank
To be fair it's not that hard to obtain one now with Max Soup + that gift of 89 Dynite Ore from a few weeks ago. And they got to keep some things exclusive to the DLC...

The Easter Raid is over. We now have a selection of Ditto, Corviknight, Dreadnaw, Orbeetle, Centiskorch, and Dubwool. There’s no G-Max included in this event either.

This might seem underwhelmingand random, but there’s something I’ve noticed about the Pokémon selection; with the exception of Ditto, all of the picks have their evolutionary lines as early game encounters.

While this is slightly more creative than the type-based raids of previous months, it’s still rather underwhelming in terms of selection. Maybe Game Freak or TPCi are over-correcting for giving us multiple special raids by going to the opposite extreme of us having nothing special for the rest of April?

EDIT: I just realized that there’s no DLC exclusive Pokémon in this monthly raid either. I guess that makes sense if they’re going for an early-game Pokémon theme + Ditto. I also don’t think every raid after the Expansion Pass came out contained either Pokémon, but Idon’t think that really matters in the long run.

Last edited:
I haven't played since Crown Tundra came out last year and I see I haven't missed anything good. These max raid battles are so tedious and boring. If they wanted to attract Go players with this mechanic, they failed miserably. Also those events are so boring, I have been hoping for a trade evolution event for the longest time and I am so sad to see there hasn't been one.
And the "prizes" are also boring. I would prefer rare items *Ahem* apricorn balls as prizes to motivate me to play this boring thing.

There’s a new special raid event lasting until Sunday, 23;59 UTC. In celebration of World Penguin Day, the raids will be packed with Eiscue with the chance to get a square shiny of it. And here I thought Game Freak and TPCi were done with special raids.

A new event started today. It's a Meowth Festival full of the various Meowth variants, including Gigantamax Meowth. You also have a small chance of getting a square shiny Galarian Meowth as well.

We got a new raid event for the next few days. We’ve got a bunch of Wooloo and Dubwool for the weekend, a small chance of getting a square shiny Wooloo!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom