• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lati@s?

Did you use Lati@s in your party?

• I did use Lati@s in my main team.

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Nope, they remained boxed.

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • Yes, albeit reluctantly.

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Only for certain battles or post game.

Votes: 9 15.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how many of you have used the Latios or Latias provided in the story in your main team? Are there any of you against it? Did you like how the obtaining was carried out?

What's to like about how it was obtained? It was literally easy mode and given to you on a plate. Sucked. My Latios remained boxed, don't see the point in using something that powerful to just blow through the game.

Don't have the game yet, but i'll definitely box it when i get it. Don't know where exactly where it started, but i have built an aversion for using legendaries in the main story.

Didn't use Latias. I generally wouldn't use a Legendary on my teams anyway, but even above all of that, I already had planned my team, which Latias wasn't apart of. So I Mega Evolved her once and then stored her when I reached Lilycove~

I just use it because its basically a free HM02 without using up a team slot. Best thing ever. Except when I go to use a bike and accidentally select the Eon flute. Then I have to sit through the stupid cutscene.

I had no idea that Latias was going to join my team. I didn't have it on my main team in AS because I had my team already planned out, and Latias would have messed that up.

However, now that I know what's coming, I may use Latios in my playthrough on OR.

I used it against the latter half of my playthrough and up to the Elite 4. I never used a legendary in my main team before so I thought it would be a nice change of pace to use one.

Sheesh, no love for the Eon duo. I've used Latios from the Eon Ticket event on my main team. Out of all the non-banned legends, these two are some of my favorites to use. Also, I love the Eon Flute and Soaring- cutscene and all.

My first playthrough, I did. My second, which is my current, no. Latios just sits in Box 1.

I had it in my team as an emergency pokemon during my playthrough, but it was only needed once: During the Winona fight. Rest of the time it just chilled in my team unused and was later boxed when I got another teammember to replace it.

Last edited:
I didn't use my Latias; I dumped her in the box. I already had an idea of which Pokémon I wanted to use and Latias wasn't it.

I didn't use Latios. I plan out my teams beforehand, but even if I didn't, I still wouldn't have used him because I don't like using Legendaries in the main story. Too OP, boring, and totally odd for me.

Didn't use it, like many others have said: I had planned my team beforehand and I never use legendaries. Was also quite dissapointed about the way we got it, it was very sudden and random and you didn't even had to fight it.

Considering the game was already easy in itself I didn't see the harm in it. Due to the small subplot involving Latias I felt a bit more connected to it as a member of my party than I did the recently-obtained Skarmory I had planned on using.

I used it for a few battles, but I don't think it'll show up on my E4 team. I've got it all planned out.

Tried Mega Evolving my Latias once, but both she and Latios have remained boxed so far (prolly also cause I prefer not to use legendaries)

Eon Flute is awesome though. And I might try them more at some later point, but currently I'm still too busy trying other pokémon too (only just cleared the Delta Episode)
Something that annoyed me though was how easy it was to obtain. I mean, not that a battle with a high capture rate is necessarily hard, but something like that would have been nice (and it would have allowed me t pick a Pokéball, instead of having to go with the standard one)

I never used Latias in the main story (or any other legendary) because the games is already no challenge, using a legendary will make it beyond easy.

My (Mega) Latias is definitely going on my wifi battles team. Last battle it survived a ice beam from a Mewtwo, followed by a origin pulse from a Primal Kyorge (Without anyone calm minds. Probably because the Mewtwo and Kyorge had crappy EVs).
And my talonflame not having to carry fly is nice too.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom