• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lavender Town

Whats Scariest?

• Music

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • Reversed Music

Votes: 22 28.2%
  • Hand on Sholder Girl

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Other (Please say)

Votes: 14 17.9%

• Total voters
Lavender Town didn't creep me out as a kid. Not a bit. The creepy hand girl annoyed me, she contradicts you either way.

I gotta say that Lavender Town has never scared me. I actually like the music both forward and reversed (though that odd tone in some versions is a little grating) and, well, basically it was more interesting than scary.

When I was young I always imagined myself setting up my own gym in Lavender Town.

It obviously didn't scare me enough :p

I actually like the music for Lavender Town but this video on YouTube is just creepy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK2iLnTR9V8

By the way the Lavender Town music in the game doesn't effect me at all, I've played Pokémon Green & Red V.1.0.

I LOVE lavender town!
nothing freaked me out at all ( except the werid looking squidward next to the fake " hidden frequinces " )

but i hate it that they moved the graves.

The girl creeped me out in yellow. I managed to coral her into the southern exit with Pikachu and as I walked into the new area she vanished. I suppose this is possible with anyone, but this was the only time I tried it.

NOthing about Lavender Town ever bothered me. Then again, my first experience of this town was the cheerful GS version.

When I first played Red when I was about 5 or 6, the "hand on your shoulder" girl scared me so bad.

Oh my god I didn't play the game for like a week because I would always think there were ghosts behind me.

Lavender Town didn't creep me out as a kid. Because when I played in my old GB, the phones were broken. =(
But I think the song is very creepy.

I like it.

I love the name 'Lavender Town' but ehh.. that Mew Glitch thing in the old games, especially in Yellow, scared me >.<

I was like O__O 'My game won't lemme use start..to get my bike..'
But got used to it, until MissingNo. appeared :/
Made my character and Pikachu run everywhere.. and I'm like o_O??!

Also the original Jap Red/Green theme for it gave me a nose bleed D=

I hate getting noise bleeds so bad!

I'm assuming you meant nose bleed, right?
If so, than that is weird to have happen to you after hearing it.

The persons from the Radio Tower act like if they were hiding something.

You know, there's something I've noticed about the radio tower in G/S/C/HG/SS. There's always a guard blocking that elevator door.
Maybe secretly, they still have the graves in those upper floors. Who knows? Maybe that's why the guard dosen't let you go in that elevator.

I've seen the youtube video of the original music with the missing frequencies in it (you know, the Unown spelling out LEAVE NOW and the picture of Ghost in it (I think that's the right video?)) That and all the other things stories/rumors about Lavender town are enough to make me scared of it.

I honestly hated being surrounded by channelers and they act possessed. every time I ran into one, i'm like, "oh, sh*t! is a ghastly or a haunter controlling her?!" also being around graves and the marowack also creeped me out.

Maybe secretly, they still have the graves in those upper floors. Who knows? Maybe that's why the guard dosen't let you go in that elevator.
Or, you know, its exactly as the guard said and its a response to Goldenrod' radio tower being attacked.

It's not as if Silph Co. kept itself open in GSC/HgSs either.

You know, there's something I've noticed about the radio tower in G/S/C/HG/SS. There's always a guard blocking that elevator door.

I strongly believe that the reason that the guard won't let you progress through the tower is because they're using the upper floors for other purposes than just broadcasting. After all, doesn't it seem a little odd that they chose to convert a cemetary into radio tower than just building a new tower altogether, why did they specifically need that tower? Its reputation alone should've warded them away!

In line with this theory is the fact that a range of mystical pokemon are known to share a strange relationship with the electromagnetic spectrum (which includes radio waves, obviously) including Dusknoir, Unown & Kadabra (according their pokedex entries). I think there's more to that tower than they're letting on.

The ghosts. If you think about it, they could steal your soul if they wanted.

And I like the backwards music a lot. What's wrong with it? x)

The part that creeped me out as a kid was battling the ghosts... A pokemon that cannot be caught or battled, and just tells you to get out makes me feel uneasy

Lavender Town never scared me, in fact it's my favorite town from Gen I. And I love both versions of the song, though when it's played backwards it sounds more depressing and sad than scary. I actually like it better that way. <3

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom