• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Pretty sure pikachu and eevee are only there because pikachu is the mascot and eevee is also a popular pokemon in their marketing. Piplup is in that original explorer image with chespin and braixen and nosepass and hippopotas, so don't look too much into it. I don't think any of this has anything to do with potential SwSh information.

Pretty sure pikachu and eevee are only there because pikachu is the mascot and eevee is also a popular pokemon in their marketing. Piplup is in that original explorer image with chespin and braixen and nosepass and hippopotas, so don't look too much into it. I don't think any of this has anything to do with potential SwSh information.
Although... not that the theme is SwSh-related itself, but they could reveal the camping feature to go along with that theme. If they were to reveal any feature at Worlds, that one would be pretty fitting.

Which for the record, that theme is inspired by the museums in Washington D.C.

Although... not that the theme is SwSh-related itself, but they could reveal the camping feature to go along with that theme. If they were to reveal any feature at Worlds, that one would be pretty fitting.

Which for the record, that theme is inspired by the museums in Washington D.C.
Yeah, that's true. I'm very curious about the camping feature myself. Amie/refresh is one of my favorite things in modern pokemon, I really hope camping makes some improvements.

Regional variants are one of the best things Game Freak has ever done.

Do think that Skitty should have gotten a variant instead, though.

Alolan Marowak and Alolan Raichu are the only good things that have come out of the regional variants in my view. Hard pass on everything else.

I'm just concerned that they are trying to make Sword and Shield into a Sun and Moon 2.0, as if Gen 7 was their golden goose. They've pushed themselves too hard and biting off more than they can chew that they might as well call it a day before it damages them even further.

I'm going to go find that the statement from whoever it was from Game Freak about the dex being limited in SwSh because there are simply too many Pokemon / Pokemon forms to fit in the game. Dexit isn't the thing that is turning me off of buying the game, I'm just annoyed because they are contradicting their own lazy excuse as to why Pokemon that aren't in the Galar dex will not be allowed in the game.

I'm going to go find that the statement from whoever it was from Game Freak about the dex being limited in SwSh because there are simply too many Pokemon / Pokemon forms to fit in the game. Dexit isn't the thing that is turning me off of buying the game, I'm just annoyed because they are contradicting their own lazy excuse as to why Pokemon that aren't in the Galar dex will not be allowed in the game.
Good luck because I'm pretty sure that they never said that?

They can physically fit them in the game, the problem is the amount of time that they have to dedicate towards the upkeep- updating moves, textures and animations, making sure that all of them still function and look good on the new game engine, as well as adapting them for features such as Dynamax. The amount of work just maintaining their assets grows with each generation. If they could finish fixing up just one pokemon/form a day, they are already at over two years' worth without even counting the new generation. And heck knows how much time it actually takes. Sure, they could just "hire more people" but would the benefit really outweigh the cost for them as a company?

Ultimately, it's not lazyness, it's just time and business sense. Unfortunately, reality is restrictive.

So we expecting news tomorrow, or...?
Ultimately 50/50, I'd say. It's a typical event for news drops, but so was Japan Expo, yet Worlds is arguably a bigger event so... yeah, 50/50 on if they'll hit it or skip it. Personally, I'm kind of betting that a trailer will drop sometime between the 16th and the 23rd, since that whole week falls within the ballpark of both Worlds and Gamescom.

=( We could all talk about Worlds in the Potential News Dates thread, though.

Junichi Masuda basically said it during an interview recently..

The Pokemon Sword and Shield Interview: "We Knew at Some Point We Weren't Going to be Able to Keep Indefinitely Supporting All of the Pokemon"

From the transcript:

Junichi Masuda, Producer: There are a couple of different parts to the thinking behind it, but really the biggest reason for it is just the sheer number of Pokemon. ...
Yeah- due to upkeep, like I said. I'm pretty sure that the game could physically handle the file load for that many Pokémon but the human workload to upgrade and maintain the quality of those assets keeps increasing with each generation and they have to weigh out what the best option is for them as a business in terms of managing their resources (aka time and people).

It's right in the title of that page--"We knew we weren't going to be able to keep indefinitely supporting all of the Pokémon." That's really what support means- maintenance and upkeep.

Masuda didn't even hint at the legendaries or starters-why would he hint at a common squirrel Pokemon?

This time around GameFreak, or whoever controls the trailers and release of information, seems to be more hesitant with revealing stuff. So maybe Masuda didn’t even want to hint at something as major as cover legendaries, but a simple squirrel Pokémon isn’t something important and thus he isn’t as hesitant to reveal it. Though I don’t know enough about Masuda to know if he regularly posts about nature and the animals he sees, or if this is a particular case.

I'm pretty sure that the game could physically handle the file load for that many Pokémon

This post on r/pokemon broke down the space required for all 800 or so Pokémon and basically said that there would be more than enough room for around 878 Pokémon (they assumed 86 Galar Pokémon would be added just like SM) on a Switch cartridge. So basically yes it could handle that many Pokémon (if the user is correct in their calculations).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom