• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the recently announced Dexit, that would be a terrible move for Game Freak to make.

I'm not counting galarian forms as new pokémon though. If they add 50 new pokémon + 20-30 galarians forms, then I'll be unhappy. Indeed, giving news evolutions and forms to old pokémon is cool (specially to forgotten ones, like dunsparce and farfetch), so I'm not denigrating this.

People need to get over this fixation that there won't be many new Pokémon just because they aren't showing them off every week.

They didn't even tell us the name of the town that they showed off in the gamescom video. Does that mean there aren't many town names in this game?

People need to get over this fixation that there won't be many new Pokémon just because they aren't showing them off every week.

They didn't even tell us the name of the town that they showed off in the gamescom video. Does that mean there aren't many town names in this game?

If you analyze the trend of the number of added pokémon in the last generations (6 and 7), you'll realize that we're getting less and less pokémon lately. About the towns, obviously, there will always be towns, because every single Pokémon game has a lot of them.

Are you talking about this? I don't think it is a Pokemon, I think it is just a logo/representation of the league.

Yep, and that does sound right, but at a distance it almost looked like a hot air balloon with eyes. I wondered about a ghost pokemon, but up close it does sort of remind me of the giant on the mountain. It probably is nothing though. Just somethin for the league...actually it reminds me of golduck with the hair. Again, not that I think it is. Just reminds me of it.

Does anyone think we will get a demo? Personally I am hoping for no, because I don’t like datamining. I don’t look, but leaks and reveals are fun. Datamining kills the vibe and the fun in my opinion. Even if you don’t look you still hear the numbers.

Oh and what exactly is dexit? I keep seein it, but have no clue what it is.

Yep, and that does sound right, but at a distance it almost looked like a hot air balloon with eyes. I wondered about a ghost pokemon, but up close it does sort of remind me of the giant on the mountain. It probably is nothing though. Just somethin for the league...actually it reminds me of golduck with the hair. Again, not that I think it is. Just reminds me of it.

Does anyone think we will get a demo? Personally I am hoping for no, because I don’t like datamining. I don’t look, but leaks and reveals are fun. Datamining kills the vibe and the fun in my opinion. Even if you don’t look you still hear the numbers.

Oh and what exactly is dexit? I keep seein it, but have no clue what it is.
'Dexit' is the word given to the lack of having all Pokémon in the game (so, no national dex). A pun on 'Brexit'; as some will be left out of the greater whole.

So I thought this was interesting. Ohmori is highlighting the fact that this shop sells produce.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190820-113037_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20190820-113037_YouTube.jpg
    889.2 KB · Views: 46
If you analyze the trend of the number of added pokémon in the last generations (6 and 7), you'll realize that we're getting less and less pokémon lately. About the towns, obviously, there will always be towns, because every single Pokémon game has a lot of them.

gen 7 introduced more new pokemon than gen 6 did. Both technically less than older gens but gamefreak does count new designs like megas, regional variants etc new pokemon so in their eyes we've still been getting 100+ each gen, they're just being smarter about it.

I don't think the pre-release cycle this time should be taken as a sign that there wont be many new pokemon, personally. It seems a lot more reserved in every regard, probably as a response to how they spoiled every little detail of S/M before launch

@AngryBinacle ah. Got it. Thanks

Actually so far I’m very happy about this game...except maybe team yell. They feel like Skull and Skull annoyed the crap outta me. I’m also very unfazed by the dex deal. To me that’s the whole point of Home. Why do they have to be in the game? You still have them. Isn’t that what matters? I just don’t get it, and I don’t want to get in a debate about, cause those get nasty. Just giving my perspective to it. I am happy with the trailer though. Even though it did not give us any real new info it’s nice to just get something, and to be able to see the world a little. Like I love how everyone in this town seems to have wooloo, and I like the idea of the speech bubbles over the pokemon’s head without clicking on them. I hope that’s what they showed there. This to me gave me a better idea of the world than the attack and item one from the other day.

I think that we're getting X < 70 Pokémon on this generation. Maybe 65. At this point, We'll only get another trailer in September, and I don't have sure if it will be about new Pokémon.
Why wouldn't we get a trailer in October too?
We're not getting less and less--SM had more than Gen 6.

And seriously people have got to quit the doom and gloom that there won't be that many Pokémon because they're not revealing a ton. Compared to the last two news cycles, if we were to assume that the number of revealed Pokémon is proportionate, there would only be like 30 new pokemon in Galar at this rate and we know that definitely isn't going to be the case so let's all chill about the dex, yeah? Fewer reveals doesn't mean fewer Pokémon. They have just been overall more secretive this time around--we didn't even get a pre-gen movie reveal this time and it definitely wasn't because there weren't any new Pokémon to show.

That made me snort. XD

After some data collection, I found out we have 16 confirmed pokemon. 22 if you count the anticipated Starter evos. 24 if you count The teapot/elephant and the chipmunk. 25 if you count the huge man grass inscription on the hill. 26 if you count Obstagoon. 27 if you belive in leaks and count Sirfetch'd. Also, $50 that the chipmunk shown in the trailers is either Skwovet or Greedunt. And then finally Eternatus, another Pokemon mentioned in the same leak.
29 Pokemon.
We don't have the regional bug yet, so thats possibly 2-3 Pokemon, 31-32 Pokemon. Also, there's the regional bird (Corviknight may or may not be the bird) so thats 2-3 more, 33-34 Pokemon. Then there's the Pseudo Legendary, 3-stage line, meaning 36-37 Pokemon.
Also given by the fact they always introduce 2-3 of every type, that's 72-91 Pokemon. And that's just saying they are all one Pokemon.
It just goes to show, that there's probably going to be at least 80+ Pokemon in SwSh. And that doesn't even cover Galarian Forms.

After some data collection, I found out we have 16 confirmed pokemon. 22 if you count the anticipated Starter evos. 24 if you count The teapot/elephant and the chipmunk. 25 if you count the huge man grass inscription on the hill. 26 if you count Obstagoon. 27 if you belive in leaks and count Sirfetch'd. Also, $50 that the chipmunk shown in the trailers is either Skwovet or Greedunt. And then finally Eternatus, another Pokemon mentioned in the same leak.
29 Pokemon.
We don't have the regional bug yet, so thats possibly 2-3 Pokemon, 31-32 Pokemon. Also, there's the regional bird (Corviknight may or may not be the bird) so thats 2-3 more, 33-34 Pokemon. Then there's the Pseudo Legendary, 3-stage line, meaning 36-37 Pokemon.
Also given by the fact they always introduce 2-3 of every type, that's 72-91 Pokemon. And that's just saying they are all one Pokemon.
It just goes to show, that there's probably going to be at least 80+ Pokemon in SwSh. And that doesn't even cover Galarian Forms.

Isn’t Sirfetch’d mentioned in the Affleck leak? Considering how right he’s been, I’d say Sirfetch’d is pretty much confirmed at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom