• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it better to temper expectations than to hype yourself up too much? I still doubt we'll get anything outside of Larvitar and Jangmo-o. Just because they aren't free doesn't mean they're discounted from being gift'mon.
There's always hope though.

Munchlax wasn't random, though, it was promoting Z-Moves just like Torchic was promoting Mega Evolution.
I think they meant that the selection of Munchlax was seemingly random. I mean, yeah it was to promote Z-Moves, but they could have picked any Pokemon for it.

I think they meant that the selection of Munchlax was seemingly random. I mean, yeah it was to promote Z-Moves, but they could have picked any Pokemon for it.
XD Out of all the species exclusive Z-Moves, though, I think Pulverizing Pancake was probably the biggest eye catcher so... it made sense.

Realizing also that Munchlax did kinda make the most sense out of the exclusive Z-moves available in S/M because the only ones that weren't for starters, legendaries or mythicals were for Pikachu, Raichu, Eevee and Snorlax. Out of those, Eevee is already given to you in-game, and the Pikachu line had three different exclusive Z-moves... one of which was already going to be a promotion later. So you're already handed two out of the three, Munchlax was pretty much the odd one out.

Last edited:
X and Y Event gift - Torchic with Blazikenite
Sun and Moon Event gift - Ash Greninja in Demo
UltraSun and UltraMoon Event gift - Munchlax with Snorlax Z-Crystal

There is a leak that did predicted Alcremie (Yes it is Whipped Cream), which also said Piplup could get a Gigantomax Form. So if we can believe that, then perhaps Piplup will be the Event gift Pokemon for SwSh.

There is a leak that did predicted Alcremie (Yes it is Whipped Cream), which also said Piplup could get a Gigantomax Form. So if we can believe that, then perhaps Piplup will be the Event gift Pokemon for SwSh.
Munchlax was distributed to the original Sun and Moon; not USUM. You also left out the Shiny Beldum that was holding a Metagrossite distributed to ORAS players

Munchlax was distributed to the original Sun and Moon; not USUM. You also left out the Shiny Beldum that was holding a Metagrossite distributed to ORAS players
Sorry, my memory is a bit fuzzy. But still, I could've swarn the Munchlax distribution was USUM?

I don't think that counts, since that promotion is only for pre-orders, not for early adopters- early adopters is everyone who buys soon after release, not only people who preordered the games.

We’ve never had a early adopter gift Pokémon before, so this could very well be the typical the event Pokémon this time round.

We’ve never had a early adopter gift Pokémon before, so this could very well be the typical the event Pokémon this time round.
I think you mean preorder gift- early adopters are the people who purchase the game as soon as it's available, and we've had a few of those.

I don't think that the preorder bonus this time around is going to be the same gift as whatever they'll give out for early adopters- it was very clearly advertised as being a preorder bonus, and I'm sure that would cheese off more than a few people if they found out after the fact that their special preorder gift was the same exact gift being handed out to everyone else after the game was released. That's just not how preorder incentives work.

Correcting this list now-
  • X and Y post-release promotional gift - Torchic with Blazikenite
  • ORAS post-release promotional gift - Shiny Beldum with Metagrossite
  • (ORAS demo gift - Glalie with Glalitite)
  • Sun and Moon post-release promotional gift - Munchlax with Snorlium Z
  • (Sun and Moon demo gift - Ash-Greninja)
  • USUM post-release promotional gift - Rockruff that can evolve into Dusk Lycanroc
So our gifts have generally been promoting the generation's major new mechanic if they weren't just anime cross-promotion. Unless Larvitar and Jangmo-o are just a cheap version exclusive cop out to win back lost preorders, it would almost be safe to say that they're pretty likely candidates for Gigantamax there. And it does still remain to be seen what the post-release promotional gift will be as well.

I think the ORAS demo gift was based on region. I remember Japan or Europe for Stelix with its mega stone (much to the salt of myself and a friend who live in NA).

I'm not super sure if we're getting a demo before launch, as the Let's Go demo came out after the fact, and it didn't reward people anything regardless so the SwSh demo might not gift us anything either.

Unless Larvitar and Jangmo-o are just a cheap version exclusive cop out to win back lost preorders, it would almost be safe to say that they're pretty likely candidates for Gigantamax there.

It could also be done just to show off Dynamax, but you're theory sounds far more likely.

And it does still remain to be seen what the post-release promotional gift will be as well.

If there’s DPPt remakes this gen, then I wouldn’t be surprised if it was one of the Sinnoh starters capable of Gigantamaxing.

I think you mean preorder gift- early adopters are the people who purchase the game as soon as it's available, and we've had a few of those.

I don't think that the preorder bonus this time around is going to be the same gift as whatever they'll give out for early adopters- it was very clearly advertised as being a preorder bonus, and I'm sure that would cheese off more than a few people if they found out after the fact that their special preorder gift was the same exact gift being handed out to everyone else after the game was released. That's just not how preorder incentives work.

That’s what I mean, we’ve never had a pre order bonus / early whatnot exclusive Pokémon before. We’ve only had what you could download via mystery gift on the day.

It’s very possible this could be the new norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom