• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an interesting bit. If anyone has ever played Smite, there is a character named Raijin, based off the thunder God, the has a skin that makes it a Gorilla the beats drums to attack with electricity

Thunderus is based on Raijin. Unless Grookey's final form is grass/electric, I dont really see it happening.
well I thought it sounded interesting because to me, it sounds like Raijin is described like a "wild drumming man". (Tarzan) and considering the " In some cases, Raijin is portrayed with three fingers which are said to represent the past, present and future. " it could be grass/psychic

heck even Grookey's stick resembles the sticks used to play them
It’s literally just a plain stick. I wouldn’t attribute it to a specific type of drum, it’s too plain to definitely say it’s based on the specific drum stick.
Even if they wanted to add one, an elaborate drumstick would make no sense with Grookey's artstyle so it had to be a completely plain stick.

It’s literally just a plain stick. I wouldn’t attribute it to a specific type of drum, it’s too plain to definitely say it’s based on the specific drum stick.
Even if they wanted to add one, an elaborate drumstick would make no sense with Grookey's artstyle so it had to be a completely plain stick.

Taiko drum sticks.

I addressed it in the second part of my post. The Taiko drumstick is a plain stick. Grookey has a plain stick, but we cannot declare it a Taiko drumstick because not every plain stick is one. And if they had meant it to be something else, the stick couldn’t have too complex of a design because it wouldn’t fit with Grookey's art, so you end up with a simple stick which coincidentally looks like a Taiko stick.

I addressed it in the second part of my post. The Taiko drumstick is a plain stick. Grookey has a plain stick, but we cannot declare it a Taiko drumstick because not every plain stick is one. And if they had meant it to be something else, the stick couldn’t have too complex of a design because it wouldn’t fit with Grookey's art, so you end up with a simple stick which coincidentally looks like a Taiko stick.
But it's a good way to properly integrate it into the design. Not to mention japanse culture has influenced starter designs before. Greninja with ninja, Incineroar with Tiger Mask, why not Taiko drumming with Grookey?

I think it's worth mentioning that Game Freak is still held to the same copyright standards as everyone else. Myths, real life events, and culture are fair game, but referencing a modern band like Arctic Monkeys or a 2007 commercial is definitely off the table.

But it's a good way to properly integrate it into the design. Not to mention japanse culture has influenced starter designs before. Greninja with ninja, Incineroar with Tiger Mask, why not Taiko drumming with Grookey?
It could be Taiko drumming but I don’t think it’s wise to confirm it as a Taiko stick when the Taiko stick is so indistinctive. A plain old stick can be a Taiko stick but it’s not necessary that every plain old stick is a Taiko stick.

It could be Taiko drumming but I don’t think it’s wise to confirm it as a Taiko stick when the Taiko stick is so indistinctive. A plain old stick can be a Taiko stick but it’s not necessary that every plain old stick is a Taiko stick.
But it is a good way to make it looks natural. Outisde of the Conkeldurr line, weapon using pokemon always had tools that come from the world itself. If a plain branch can resemble a taiko stick, then they can use it a such.

Have we actually had a Grass/Electric type yet? I don't think we have.

Edit: Mow Rotom, but does it count?

Rotom: Electric/Ghost
Mow Rotom: Electric/Grass
Heat Rotom: Electric/Fire
Frost Rotom: Electric/Ice

The other two have already well known Pokemon as well

@Oriden Yes, I know it is not gamefreak, but they are still under Nintendo so it wouldn’t surprise me much if they took some of their inspiration from it. It was just a curious thought.

XD oh yeah! I should remember it was the triangle, cause I always found it funny.
~~~

What are the chances of a regional krabby? I would love to see an evo of Kingler. I bet they could do something fun....on that note have we had a lobster?

@Oriden Yes, I know it is not gamefreak, but they are still under Nintendo so it wouldn’t surprise me much if they took some of their inspiration from it. It was just a curious thought.

XD oh yeah! I should remember it was the triangle, cause I always found it funny.
~~~

What are the chances of a regional krabby? I would love to see an evo of Kingler. I bet they could do something fun....on that note have we had a lobster?

Yes we have. Corphish and Crawdaunt.

~~~

Krabby is probably one of the most bland pokémon ever. It's just a crab. I don't think that Kingler should get an evo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom